Reviews for Descending into Obscurity
Heidi191976 chapter 6 . 11/18/2008
This was a great chapter. I can't believe that Lucius almost killed Hermione, but I am glad that he healed her. I think Dumbledore is horrible for telling Harry and Ron that Hermione is dead. If there is no body, how does he know that le wasn't lied to by his "highly reliable source". I hope that Hermione can find a way out soon, maybe someone can help her to escape from her cell. I look forward to reading more.
Hypnobarb chapter 6 . 11/17/2008
It is hard to read this, even knowing that Hermione had to go through something like this to end up in the condition she was in at the beginning of the story.

I do hope Lucius Malfoy will be on the receiving end of justice.
Glykera chapter 6 . 11/17/2008
great fic, cant wait to see what happens next, especially with severus and hermione
Darque Hart chapter 6 . 11/17/2008
Very intense chapter! At first I had hoped that when Hermione kicked the vial of acid out of his hand that it would have splashed him somewhere, either below the belt or across his face... but I can imagine from his reaction to what she did manage, if it had gotten on him, he'd probably have lost it completely and killed her rather than just rip hell out of her back.

So, all Lucius is interested in is the rush he gets? That's rather like my impression of younger Draco ... all talk and bullying but not a real man underneath. He claims he likes them feisty, to offer up a challenge, but makes his victim helpless so they are no challenge whatsoever. So, he only gets a charge out of hearing them cry, scream or thrash about? To see the results of his abuse blossom in blood on their flesh and then heals it so he doesn't get into trouble? If he wanted a real challenge he should meet her on equal ground, no bindings, magical or mechanical. Even a cat likes to play with their prey, but in doing so gives the prey a chance to escape.

Ron needs to take a crash course on 'Being a Superhero's Sidekick', though. Sobs and fainting just are not part of the job description! He is just so inadequate. I'm not picking on your presentation of Ron, Rowling's version of Ron's character cemented in what fanfiction writer's had to use as a base. She did not paint him in the best of lights. Certainly NOT the sort of boy our Hermione would fall for!

All your hard work has saved me from staring at the computer waiting for updates to any of the hundreds of stories I have bookmarked! My appreciation knows no bounds!
rainbow-brite13 chapter 6 . 11/17/2008
Thank you for another wonderful (if you can call it that, lol) chapter! You're doing a great job so far and I appreciate the hard work you're putting into it. I'm not surprised Harry doesn't believe she's dead. I think he would know, you know? Anyway... Can't wait for more!
Nerio chapter 5 . 10/29/2008
Really, really great so far!

If no one has mentioned this to you before, you have your anonymous reviews turned off. While you may have some reason for that, you would probably get a lot more reviews, and that seems to be a major concern for you. So, just a thought. Don't worry about the number of reviews, though. Be confident that this is an interesting story and you've done a good job writing, because you have. :)

Keep up the good work! Update soon.
rainbow-brite13 chapter 5 . 10/24/2008
Thank you so much for updating again, despite the lack of reviews! I appreciate it, even if others don't... And thanks for returning to Hogwarts to give us some more of the "meanwhile, back at the ranch" information. I was saddened to hear that they think Hermione is dead, but as Snape figures, it would pretty much be better if she was. That being said, I really hope she doesn't die, but is instead rescued and reunited with her parents. :-) Just wishful thinking. :-D
Heidi191976 chapter 5 . 10/24/2008
Another great chapter. I think that Dumbledore is cruel to just be giving up on Hermione. I think that when she is found, Harry, Ron, and Severus should tell Dumbledore that they want nothing more to do with him at all. I look forward to reading more.
Darque Hart chapter 4 . 10/1/2008
Please don't think the lack of reviews are any indication that the story isn't good! I've ended up reviewing it on two different sites and read chapters on 3 sites... wherever you post an update first. [I read Everything I Do... at a 4th site.] At any rate, I think reviews are just down everywhere.

I am curious as to why the Granger's minds were altered. To keep them from alerting Muggle authorities? Surely there must be reminders of their daughter in the house... like Hermione's own bedroom?

I suppose it will eventually come out in the story.

Remember - there's at least one person out here reading your story and appreciating it.
rainbow-brite13 chapter 4 . 9/30/2008
Please, please don't be apprehensive. It seems like all the best dark fics I've read are the ones that get very few reviews. I don't know if people only want to read the fluffy feel-good stuff when it comes to Harry Potter, or if they are embarrassed that they are reading about darker subjects, or what. But it is a great story so far, and though I am devastated about Hermione's loss of innocence, I knew what I was getting myself into, and I appreciate your candor in writing. Thanks for updating, and I look forward to more chapters.
andijviestampot chapter 4 . 9/30/2008
I really like it.. please continue like this and update soon ;)
Heidi191976 chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
An excellent chapter. I look forward to reading more.
Dixiebell chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
Hey Baby!

Wonderful chapter. The rape scene was so realistic that it was painful. I was dying to get my hands on that bastard and hurt him. I felt sorry for hermione and thats saying a lot for me considering I can't stand her. You know I don't like the pairing but I enjoyed the story so far anyway even is I prefer slash. Like I said before it's hard to believe this is only your second story. Now when you start writing slash I will be thrilled! I can't wait to read what you told me is going to happen in the later chapters.

Love ya, Dix
Sonseeahray chapter 4 . 9/28/2008
Poor Hermoine. I wonder how you will bring her back, after Severus and Remus will find her.
sylphides chapter 4 . 9/28/2008
It certainly is very dark...I don't normally read such M and dark stories. But the writing is good, and you have a way with descriptions- I particularly liked the ending, with Hermione scared that if Harry and Ron didn't come soon she would "shatter" into unrecognizable pieces. Very eloquent... :)
296 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 Next »