Reviews for Descending into Obscurity
rainbow-brite13 chapter 4 . 9/30/2008
Please, please don't be apprehensive. It seems like all the best dark fics I've read are the ones that get very few reviews. I don't know if people only want to read the fluffy feel-good stuff when it comes to Harry Potter, or if they are embarrassed that they are reading about darker subjects, or what. But it is a great story so far, and though I am devastated about Hermione's loss of innocence, I knew what I was getting myself into, and I appreciate your candor in writing. Thanks for updating, and I look forward to more chapters.
andijviestampot chapter 4 . 9/30/2008
I really like it.. please continue like this and update soon ;)
Heidi191976 chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
An excellent chapter. I look forward to reading more.
Dixiebell chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
Hey Baby!

Wonderful chapter. The rape scene was so realistic that it was painful. I was dying to get my hands on that bastard and hurt him. I felt sorry for hermione and thats saying a lot for me considering I can't stand her. You know I don't like the pairing but I enjoyed the story so far anyway even is I prefer slash. Like I said before it's hard to believe this is only your second story. Now when you start writing slash I will be thrilled! I can't wait to read what you told me is going to happen in the later chapters.

Love ya, Dix
Sonseeahray chapter 4 . 9/28/2008
Poor Hermoine. I wonder how you will bring her back, after Severus and Remus will find her.
sylphides chapter 4 . 9/28/2008
It certainly is very dark...I don't normally read such M and dark stories. But the writing is good, and you have a way with descriptions- I particularly liked the ending, with Hermione scared that if Harry and Ron didn't come soon she would "shatter" into unrecognizable pieces. Very eloquent... :)
Alaramine chapter 3 . 9/28/2008
When I first read this storys summary I thought it would be about Harry and Ron trying to find Hermione and I could really care less about the former two so I passed it on. Saw another updated chapter and passed it over again because I wasn't thrilled about the summary. Went onto OWL and saw it updated on there. Then I decided if it was on there, it couldn't be too awful (and I do love dark fics myself) so I read it...

... and realized this is actually a promising story O.O

I feel like a dolt now. -shame-

I do like this story actually. I enjoy reading it and I await your update :) So far its been a balanced view from quite a few sides which I enjoy. I don't mind Ron/Harry interaction, just not the whole story from their pov. I have to say, I am definitely intrigued to see how Hermione arrived at that state, and how she recognized Snape as a "master." Very catchy way to introduce your story, as well, dropping a small part of the present then going back to the past and working back up to that point. I'm curious to see the proverbial dots connect.

Cheers,

Alaramine
Heidi191976 chapter 3 . 9/20/2008
An excellent chapter. I look forward to reading more to see what happens, why Hermione was taken and why her parents were obliviated of all knowledge pertaining to her. I hope that Severus, Minerva, and Albus can locate her and bring her back safely before something terrible happens to her.
Sonseeahray chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
Very good update and I wonder what Severus did see in Mr Grangers mind.
rainbow-brite13 chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
Thanks for the update! This is a really good plot building chapter. I hope that they can restore the Granger's memories, though if something awful happens to Hermione, perhaps it would be kinder if they didn't... No, I think I'd rather remember my daughter even knowing she was tortured/killed than not remember her at all. Anyway! That's just my random ponderings. :D Can't wait for more action!
rainbow-brite13 chapter 2 . 9/5/2008
AWESOME beginning! I cannot WAIT to read more of this story! Thank you, thank you!
Miss Lyra chapter 2 . 9/4/2008
I'm hooked! Please update soon!
Heidi191976 chapter 2 . 9/1/2008
Another great chapter. I can't wait to read more.
gravity01 chapter 2 . 9/1/2008
Oh goodness. Poor Hermione! I knew some terrible things would have to happen to put her in the state Severus found her in the first chapter. She's got a long, nasty road ahead of her.

Thanks for the quick update! I definitely must know what happens next.
gravity01 chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
It doesn't happen often that I'm hooked on a story after just one chapter... but you've got me and I really need to know what happens next. Brilliant story so far. Great start. Update soon!
287 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 Next »