Reviews for Descending into Obscurity
Darque Hart chapter 4 . 10/1/2008
Please don't think the lack of reviews are any indication that the story isn't good! I've ended up reviewing it on two different sites and read chapters on 3 sites... wherever you post an update first. [I read Everything I Do... at a 4th site.] At any rate, I think reviews are just down everywhere.

I am curious as to why the Granger's minds were altered. To keep them from alerting Muggle authorities? Surely there must be reminders of their daughter in the house... like Hermione's own bedroom?

I suppose it will eventually come out in the story.

Remember - there's at least one person out here reading your story and appreciating it.
rainbow-brite13 chapter 4 . 9/30/2008
Please, please don't be apprehensive. It seems like all the best dark fics I've read are the ones that get very few reviews. I don't know if people only want to read the fluffy feel-good stuff when it comes to Harry Potter, or if they are embarrassed that they are reading about darker subjects, or what. But it is a great story so far, and though I am devastated about Hermione's loss of innocence, I knew what I was getting myself into, and I appreciate your candor in writing. Thanks for updating, and I look forward to more chapters.
andijviestampot chapter 4 . 9/30/2008
I really like it.. please continue like this and update soon ;)
Heidi191976 chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
An excellent chapter. I look forward to reading more.
Dixiebell chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
Hey Baby!

Wonderful chapter. The rape scene was so realistic that it was painful. I was dying to get my hands on that bastard and hurt him. I felt sorry for hermione and thats saying a lot for me considering I can't stand her. You know I don't like the pairing but I enjoyed the story so far anyway even is I prefer slash. Like I said before it's hard to believe this is only your second story. Now when you start writing slash I will be thrilled! I can't wait to read what you told me is going to happen in the later chapters.

Love ya, Dix
Sonseeahray chapter 4 . 9/28/2008
Poor Hermoine. I wonder how you will bring her back, after Severus and Remus will find her.
sylphides chapter 4 . 9/28/2008
It certainly is very dark...I don't normally read such M and dark stories. But the writing is good, and you have a way with descriptions- I particularly liked the ending, with Hermione scared that if Harry and Ron didn't come soon she would "shatter" into unrecognizable pieces. Very eloquent... :)
Alaramine chapter 3 . 9/28/2008
When I first read this storys summary I thought it would be about Harry and Ron trying to find Hermione and I could really care less about the former two so I passed it on. Saw another updated chapter and passed it over again because I wasn't thrilled about the summary. Went onto OWL and saw it updated on there. Then I decided if it was on there, it couldn't be too awful (and I do love dark fics myself) so I read it...

... and realized this is actually a promising story O.O

I feel like a dolt now. -shame-

I do like this story actually. I enjoy reading it and I await your update :) So far its been a balanced view from quite a few sides which I enjoy. I don't mind Ron/Harry interaction, just not the whole story from their pov. I have to say, I am definitely intrigued to see how Hermione arrived at that state, and how she recognized Snape as a "master." Very catchy way to introduce your story, as well, dropping a small part of the present then going back to the past and working back up to that point. I'm curious to see the proverbial dots connect.

Cheers,

Alaramine
Heidi191976 chapter 3 . 9/20/2008
An excellent chapter. I look forward to reading more to see what happens, why Hermione was taken and why her parents were obliviated of all knowledge pertaining to her. I hope that Severus, Minerva, and Albus can locate her and bring her back safely before something terrible happens to her.
Sonseeahray chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
Very good update and I wonder what Severus did see in Mr Grangers mind.
rainbow-brite13 chapter 3 . 9/19/2008
Thanks for the update! This is a really good plot building chapter. I hope that they can restore the Granger's memories, though if something awful happens to Hermione, perhaps it would be kinder if they didn't... No, I think I'd rather remember my daughter even knowing she was tortured/killed than not remember her at all. Anyway! That's just my random ponderings. :D Can't wait for more action!
rainbow-brite13 chapter 2 . 9/5/2008
AWESOME beginning! I cannot WAIT to read more of this story! Thank you, thank you!
Miss Lyra chapter 2 . 9/4/2008
I'm hooked! Please update soon!
Heidi191976 chapter 2 . 9/1/2008
Another great chapter. I can't wait to read more.
gravity01 chapter 2 . 9/1/2008
Oh goodness. Poor Hermione! I knew some terrible things would have to happen to put her in the state Severus found her in the first chapter. She's got a long, nasty road ahead of her.

Thanks for the quick update! I definitely must know what happens next.
288 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 Next »