Reviews for The Beauty and The Geek
maria2906 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
awwwww!

This is so damn adorable! I desperately wanted to read about a sweet Edward, douches are hot and all, but some cuteness is much needed! And this one is so perfect!

I knew that when Izzy(izzyheartsrob) rec'ed me this story I would fall in love!

I adore his monologues, they crack me up!

And I love that they are both cute as hell!
pitterpattinson chapter 8 . 12/30/2010
Mmmmm...delicious, without being too much. I really liked your story. I had wished I didn't read this at work today, I didn't pack a change of panties. Just sayin'. Thank you.
annaharding chapter 8 . 12/20/2010
Loved this story! makes a person be a little hopeful. Rosalie's 3 rules are something to remember.

Loved the revenge they got on Mike!

Thanx for the reading enjoyment!
futuregirl1709 chapter 8 . 11/18/2010
Dear Vixen1836,

First, thank you for the review reply. You made me blush ;)

Second, thank you for writing this story! I had an awesome time reading it and have thoroughly enjoyed it!

I just love every time Rose opens her mouth! She says the funniest things, like: "Oh. My advice is like a new facial product, Bella. Use at your own risk." But the best part was about her fuckbuddy (that word makes me giggle every time, haha): "For the record, Emmett McCarty is a great lay. Don't knock it until you try it. Carry on." :D It's a little ironic that I didn't really like her in SMeyer's books, but in fanfiction I love her to death.

I also liked how, in this chapter, you turned Bella into a vixen, Vixen. Lol, sorry, couldn't resist :) But I'm glad Edward caught on to her little game quickly! I would've hated for him to get angry/miserable over nothing. Of course, the guy is ubersmart, so he did live up to that expectation.

And the presents! That's so sweet and thoughtful! Especially because he also got stuff for Rose and Alice. He really is a good catch! Not that I doubted that.. ever!

And he's not that shy anymore around Bella! He even drags her away to make out in a little less public place, but public nonetheless. Good for you, Edward! Enjoy your HEA!

Again, thank you for writing this! And I hope things will be looking up for you soon! *mwah*
futuregirl1709 chapter 7 . 11/18/2010
Yes! So glad they did get their HEA!

A relaxed Edward is so much better! Now he can finally enjoy himself without thinking and worrying too much. He really deserved to have finally gotten what he wanted.

I loved this chapter very much. Can't wait to see what the revenge on Mike will be! Oh, and it was extremely funny (for me at least) when Edward asked Bella if he could kiss her in front of Mike! Surely Bella's plan will be even better!
futuregirl1709 chapter 6 . 11/18/2010
Ow, silly, silly Edward! That's it? That's what you were so worried about? Of course Bella wants you, and yes, you are normal! I just want to hug him and assure him. I guess he brings that out in people. Okay, tbh, I want to do more than just that to him, with him.. ;)

He was funny too! Trying to distract himself but coming back to Bella every time :)

So since I can't wait for the lemony sweetness you promised, I'm going to read that right now!
futuregirl1709 chapter 5 . 11/18/2010
Oohh, please, let everything be alright! I was so happy to have found another geekward story that I jumped right in, only to see now that the genre is romance/ANGST.. How dumb am I? Wait, don't answer that, lol! It's not that I normally don't do angst, but I just really want these two to have their HEA! They deserve it. So while I'm writing this, I'll just keep praying for that to happen, okay? :)

I loved the texts! Alice is very typical but also lovable. "The invasion itself didn't last this long." LMAO! And Rose, well she's just her awesome self.

I also loved Bella's resolve to fix whatever the problem with Edward is. Her willingness to help him overcome his shyness no matter if he loves her or not shows how selfless she is when it comes to people she loves. That's amazing. I hope they'll work it out. I'd hate to see it fall apart because of Edward's overanalyzing and selfconsciousness (which are both totally unnecessary). Maybe her stumbling on the balcony is a good thing. The fact that he caught her makes me think that maybe he will believe that he can be what she needs and that he's able to be there for her.

Off to read the next chapter!
futuregirl1709 chapter 4 . 11/17/2010
Okay, so I already knew most of this chapter was going to happen. Obviously I read the previous ones, so no surprises at all. And I even admitted being disappointed to get a repeat of events in another POV (how wrong was I?). And still, I can't help but smile sooo wide at the end of this chapter. I knew they would end up in bed together and that their feelings were mutual (even if Edward doesn't literally say it), but there's something about the way you wrote this that makes me squeal like a teenage girl after her first kiss (that's a compliment, lol ;)

I'm very excited to see where you'll take this story now. I'm sure that Bella will succeed in trying to get Edward to open up some more, show more of himself. Of course, that what I've seen so far (hehe) I liked... very much :P But it's not just his looks/sexual qualities, he has such a sweet personality. Like when they made love, he was all about pleasing Bella and placing her needs before his own. Even after, he was still like that. And he even said it out loud: "It's up to you, Bella. I'll do whatever you want." Who wouldn't want a guy like that?

Lovely chapter!
futuregirl1709 chapter 3 . 11/17/2010
This chapter had two parts that were EPIC imo. First, this: "In that moment, it wasn't about Edward anymore, or my crush, or his eyes…it was about survival." I thought that was so funny! I do feel a teeny bit bad for Mike, even if the dude can't take a hint.

Second, and this made me LMAO: "You have to promise me that you'll save yourself heartache, regret, and even unnecessary tension by asking yourself… What Would Rose Do?" And it's good advice too, because I really like this Rose! :)

Bella's behavior after she got the date was very familiar, lol! I remember feeling like that and reading it made me smile.

So maybe I was somewhat quick to judge last chapter, since I loved getting inside Bella's head now. Maybe it's because now there was some interaction with Edward, and that is something I love to see from both POVs. Great chapter!
futuregirl1709 chapter 2 . 11/16/2010
My first reaction when I started this chapter was: "NOOOO! Don't tell me she dreamed the whole thing!" Thank God that was not the case, lol!

I liked having seen a bit more of Bella. I knew she couldn't really be all that confident as she might have seemed in the first chapter.

I also liked Rose. That woman radiates sexappeal, confidence and power! Awesome!

The only thing I'm afraid of is that the all of the first chapter that wasn't in this chapter, will still come. As much as I like to know Bella better, I hope to see more of this story instead of repeating the content of ch1 from another POV, especially since it only has 8 chapters in total. But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself..

Anyway, I'm still having a great time reading!
futuregirl1709 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
I love me some geekward, so I was insanely happy when I found this story! And yaaay, he is truly shy, nerdy, nervous and absolutely adorable! His internal monologues/panic attacks are great, especially he one where he thinks about punching Mike.

I like this Bella. She's not overly confident, but she definitely takes a chance when she wants something. And she got it! BTW, they didn't waste any time, did they? ;) Even though I like the sexy times, they seemed to go rather fast, considering Edward being a shy geek. Then again, like he thought, this might be his only chance to be that close to the woman he loves.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
quoideneufj chapter 7 . 11/10/2010
I loved this story.
heygirl18 chapter 8 . 10/29/2010
Wow - thanks for such a sweet story!
pharmgirl15 chapter 8 . 10/11/2010
I saw the rec for this Geekward fic on RAOR this past weekend and read it tonight. Such a cute story! You write the awkwardness and shyness so vividly! I almost felt like I was a teenager again (ugh..)

Thanks for sharing that story with us.
DeeDreamer chapter 1 . 10/4/2010