Reviews for To hold back the shadows
Mokusgirl chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
very sweet at the end!

awesome fic!
Lyra14260 chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Wow I loved it. It clearly describes feelings and the situation is realistic.
WillYouLoveMeForAlways chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
good job none the less
Wicked Desire chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
I like very much. It's a different picture of Haruka and Michiru than what I'm used to, and very nicely pulled together. I've never heard much anti-homosexual talk myself, though my parents forbade me from even meeting the one lesbian cousin I have. It's horrible that people would even believe such lies about homosexuality anymore.
Rushingwind chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
Nice story!

There is nothing wrong when it come to love
Dizzle chapter 1 . 2/14/2005
I really enjoyed your fic. It was very well written, and dealt with prejudice and uncertainty very well. It was a great fic. I hate close-minded people as much as you do - just know that for every person out there who is prejudiced, there are ten more who are willing to be there, to be understanding. Love is love, no matter what, I truly believe that. Keep up the writing, and never be ashamed!
Silent Wrath chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
the story is short but it says a lot. about the way people act toward certain things. some should be ashmed of there self.
socchan chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
*sends an e-hug* Props to you for putting up with hate. It's an awful thing, and I despise it.

I live in what is said to be the second best city for homosexuals to be. I _still_ have problems. Not quite so many, mind you, but still some. Ran into some real nasty issues the first time I participated in the Day of Silence.

On the flip side, you should have seen the turnout for the counter-protest when the Phelps Group came here. *evil grin* THAT was one of the best days of my life. *considers* 'Course, I don't know where you live, so maybe you _did_ see the turnout. *shrugs* Ah, well.

Good fic, by the way. Just about made me cry, but it's nice to have a happy ending of sorts.

Best of luck and tons of support,

socchan
AR chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
Gr... you *KNOW* how I feel about this topic... I think I'm going to write a nice, long, yaoi piece to get back at you for this! AR
Cyber69 chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
Very good fic! Not much I could say except that it was a really good story.
LostinTransition chapter 1 . 1/10/2003
There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity and what you put in from those conversations is just stupid and moronic. UGH! Bah, now I'm all teary eyed. *hugs Michael* Need a hug after reading something like that. . .
Luna Llena chapter 1 . 12/15/2002
I know how you feel ... I'm almost every day in the same position you are .Especialy at my house my Father is not tolerant of Homosexuality in General...My mother can handlel it but Still it freaks her out and My older Brother is a First Class Homophobic ,so it makes it worse beacuse i have to put up with it in school AND at home.

But the thing is even if i love them so much .. if they can't accept me for WHO i'm ,and not WHAT i'm then i think they ain't worth my time ...

So writtings like this make me feel a lot better .

keep it up...

Speak your mind and you will feel better , if you kip it inside you will feel worst and a shame beacuse they are speaking wrongly of something you no its not true or injust, sometimes its good speaking your mind beacuse, its in does times you realise who your TRUE friends are .Its better not to have friends at all , than have friends that don't understand you and that can stab you in the back when you are not looking ...

The new world,This world we live in, close minded people are not ... what can i say they are not goin to get anywhere neither are they goin to get you anywhere.. beacuse if it where for close-minded people as well as Homophobic this world would be alredy in hell;I belive that the evolution of people is the evolution of the world and close-minded people have no place in it ...

so don't feel bad , don't let them get you down, beacuse you know the truth , you are WHO you are and that is something that no one and MEAN no one can take away from you .

sinceraly:

Luna Llena a reader.
Keighan Moureau chapter 1 . 9/28/2002
What a good story. People are so ignorant. Theyseem to know nothing because they are so close-minded. I myself am not gay, but I get bashed for religion and such (I'm atheist), so I know how Haruka and Michuru feel. They are such a sweet couple though. How could you not love them?
Jyouchan chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
I've a few tears in my eyes, which doesn't happen too often. I know this scenario all too well - i.e. faking heterosexuality and people saying dumb shit like the bone in the ear. That and that if a girl's ring finger is longer than her index finger, she's gay ((It's just a side effect of higher testosterone levels at fetal development, so it's more commonly found in butchy women. ... yes, I'm highly into science. Shush.)). I think you might enjoy the story "Ami's Sin," by the author Cold. It's not that similar, but it's a sweet shoujo ai.
Lady Readwolf chapter 1 . 8/15/2002
{sighs, sappy smile on her face} Ahh... it's been a while since I've read a harkua and michiru fic... {sighs again} they're so sweet... May I assume this is a before the two groups meet up? Inner and outer, that is? It would seem to me that by the time haruka meets usagi in S, she's pretty confident in herself.

Still, even if it was a venting fic (and what a very good reason to vent, too!), I love how you used the incertanty of sexuality. It's something a fellow yaoi author and I have discussed numerous times-the fact that even though one may end up falling in love with a member of the same sex, that doesn't necessarily mean that person is homosexual. I think that confuses a lot of people. They forget there really is no rule to sexuality, and when one tries to impose a rule where rules don't belong, many "exceptions to the rule" will inexplicably pop up! _

Nice job, Michael-kun. I understand it can be difficult in your-{smirks}-'organization', it can be difficult anywhere when intolerance and ignorance is surrounding you... But writing can definitely provide a positive oulet, which I think you proved remarkably well.