Reviews for The Highwayman
mscope chapter 8 . 8/7/2009
Short out the laptop indeed! So perhaps Bella learned something from watching? James is forever the bad boy but I would be ever so happy to spend time with this James. And to think Victoria has him. What is Carlisle to do if and when he finds out. It was somewhat creepy the way he came on to Bella. Charlie was ever the diplomat to get him away from his daughter without starting anything.

So Esme has married Charlie. I am so happy for Charlie and at the same time so sad for Esme. I do not want this for her. I can't help but wonder if Charlie does not of her love for another man and still marry her anyway to offer her security.

The talk Jake want to have with Bella has to be coming sooner than later and yet do not want it to come. I want nothing more that for her to ride off with her highwayman.

I have been in and out most of the summer and haven't had a chance to read anything. I had read this chapter the night it was put up but did not leave a review as we were leaving the next day and I still had to finish packing. Just know that it remains to be one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. Well I do believe I saw there was another update while I was gone!

Sandra
Zesty T chapter 9 . 7/31/2009
this is a very interesting story! looking forward to more! :]
babyot chapter 9 . 7/26/2009
Poor Edward, how he suffers so. He was definitely emo in this chappie, and more than a bit naive when faced with the obvious escapades of his father as told by Highwayman #1. He needs to open his eyes to what's going on around him and man up. Let's see what happens when Bella is betrothed to Jacob, daddy kicks it, and he learns the truth of some of the scandals going on around him while he's walking around feeling sorry for himself. The shite's gonna hit the fan I think. Lots of fun ladies - keep it coming when you can!
babyot chapter 6 . 7/26/2009
Oh, poor Esme and Carlisle, losing the chance at lasting true love because of classism. Too bad he wasn't ballsy enough to just remain a widow and live with Esme under the guise of her servitude.

Anyway, my fantasy a couple chapters ago about Edward becoming a highwayman himself came true more quickly than I expected. I realize that everyone else reading this fic already know this being several chapters ahead of me. Bella is one brave lass for sneaking out to meet her knight. And she did not disappoint with her forward groping of his generous manhood and asking him to return the favor. You go, girl, and get what's owed you.

No way the stinking fair with Jacob is going to come close to sating her desires now that she's had a little taste of your passionate highwayman. I hope Bella and Edward choose to buck tradition and fight for true love rather than societal acceptance, but I'm sure that end is far off at this point. Thanks so much for writing this, as I am enjoying it immensely!
babyot chapter 4 . 7/25/2009
My guess so far is that Jasper is the Highwayman, but I could very well be off base completely. I am really getting into your plot progression here, as there are some clear protagonists and antagonists as well as several unknowns that keep me interested and guessing. I am having fantasies of my own story in my head where Edward loses all his fortune to debts and Victoria when daddy dies, so he becomes a highwayman himself thus fulfilling in a twisted way his desire to serve in the interest of justice, if not law as he originally planned. Minimally, he has much to learn about his townspeople and about the many shades of grey between the black and white life he has apparently been living. Great story ladies!
babyot chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
I appreciate the detail you have included with respect to the time period, surroundings, clothing, vocab, customs, etc. since it must be loads of work. This is very well written, and I am more than compelled to continue on learning about these characters and how Bella and Edward will come to know one another now that he is trapped in his family home with a future he doesn't desire. Well done ladies!
Beans827 chapter 9 . 7/24/2009
Okay, so I'm all caught up now. Great use of the characters in your story. I'm really enjoying it. I think I have a few things figured out but I won't eloborate in case others troll the reviews. It's all good though! And I love your little converations at the end of the chapter. Very cute repartee! I hope to see an update soon now that I'm on board!
xxBlackOrchidxx chapter 9 . 7/18/2009
This story is really good! Can't wait for the rest! Keep up the fantastic work
Ginger98 chapter 9 . 7/13/2009
Well, I'd take Nobleward however I could get him, kohl-rimmed eyes or emo swordsman. It doesn't matter once he's got you naked & gasping for breath!

I think it's less likely Victoria is poisoning Carlisle, but she could definitely give him an apoplexy. She's certainly not helping his blood pressure, or any ulcers he may have earned from putting up with her. Edward could get her to behave better by just reminding her that women don't have any rights (back then, they didn't) & if Carlisle dies, he won't be as lenient with her as his father obviously was. Ship her off to the nunnery! Or he could have her locked up in Bedlam... where James could get a new job as a guard... Aww, sweet. They'd be together. *blech*

I'm dreading the next chapter. It's "The Talk" with Jacob, isn't it? Yuck.
Ginger98 chapter 8 . 7/13/2009
I have a question I'm almost scared to ask. Is Victoria poisoning Carlisle, or is he just dying of a broken heart? It would put her under Edward's rule (& in the dowager house or possibly a residence in London- if he would allow it) until she remarried. Since there is no love lost between the 2, it wouldn't take her long to move on, & with the problem of depleting funds she might be on the lookout for a new Mr. Moneybags. Now, unless James moves up to an extremely high appointment in the military with prestige & power (plus money), I don't think she'll consider him marriage material. Of course, you never can tell if love is involved...

Bella is expanding her carnal knowledge & I can't wait for her to spring it all on Edward!

Will they figure out it's highway'men' based on 2 different descriptions of hair?
Ginger98 chapter 6 . 7/13/2009
I love historical romances! Mary Balogh's Simply series is my most favorite, I think. I wanted to quickly point out a couple of small things, & then move on to the copious amounts of applause the 2 of you deserve. After dinner, the women usually retire to the drawing room to have women-type discussions & leave the men to their port & cigars & man talk. The men grace the women with an appearance where they allow the women to show off their pianoforte talents or play a nice game of whist. Charades & dancing are wonderful for house parties. Bella would not have ridden astride in her dress. She would've been sitting sideways & tucked cozily into Edward's yummy chest. She also could've helped Edward with his lifting of her by placing her foot on his boot. Boring stuff, so I'm sorry if it seemed nit-picky. I'm not trying to be. AT ALL. The story is wonderful! So who figures out when Bella's virtue is ruined, & tells Jacob who won't want a ruined wife? It's a HUGE deal back then!
OkayAnnie chapter 9 . 7/12/2009
I am really enjoying your story.
Ginger98 chapter 5 . 7/12/2009
Just wanted to point out a tiny little flaw I noticed. Charlie speaks to Bella alone to tell her Esme has agreed to be his wife, but she would've already known this when Edward bought a round of drinks a few nights earlier. His toast was to Charlie & his new bride. I guess she could've been out of the room for a moment, but that is not mentioned. In fact, she is there to take the order of the stranger who comes in next.

Anyway...I love the story so far, & I knew immediately you'd have to make Emmett the blacksmith. He fits the part perfectly, & I can't wait to see how you introduce him to the perfectly lady-like Rosalie. I don't really like the idea of Edward becoming a robber, but I think once he gets the estate in some semblance of order & running properly to generate income, his conscience will make him stop.
devadasi7 chapter 9 . 7/9/2009
emo edward! bwahahahh!

loved this chapter...i feel sorry for edward and for carlisle. i just hope that they soon find out the vicki is big ol' hoor who is getting it on with mr. spanky in the stable...
devadasi7 chapter 8 . 7/9/2009
bella...who knew she was so pervy! great chapter! i can't wait to read edward's pov...and i don't have to ! ::evil laughter::
441 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »