Reviews for For Your Eyes Only
accentric.punctuation chapter 48 . 6/17
May i just say that this is one of the most accomplished Sparrabeth Fanfiction I've ever read. You my good woman is one hell of an amazing writer. I've read your 'The King's Captain' too and both of them are such an amazing journey. Though i admit i have a special place in my heart for this one right here. Mostly because you decided to rewrite the whole trilogy but with sparrabeth and what i do love is that you're putting your own spin and voice and not just blatantly mirroring the movie. I know how extremely hard it is to do, and you did it with such perfection so my hat's off to you. I've longed for a fic where most of the story consists of Jack and Elizabeth interacting and how they function as a couple. It's very very fascinating to see how the event of the
trilogy will play out if Jack and Elizabeth were together at that time.

How you played out Jack and Elizabeth's conflict (e.g Jack being unable to be completely honest with Elizabeth, and Elizabeth's quickness in assuming the worst of Jack sometimes) and didn't brush it off easily. It's a shame that the conflict resolution itself hasn't been resolved just yet (and i take liberty in saying 'yet' because there's always a possibility you might come back and finish
this fic :P) and i'd love to see how they'd compromise at the end of the trilogy.

I assume judging by the hints you've been given throughout the story, you've planned to make Jack chose to sacrifice himself to the Kraken in the end?
i know that Elizabeth had said that she didn't want Jack to do that, but since Jack is Jack, i can imagine that he'd break his promise to Elizabeth and sacrifice himself willingly anyway. I think i'd be amazing to see how that plays out, since i have absolutely no idea how you're gonna turn THAT scene in your fic.

I also just LOVE the fact that you didn't Vilify Will in anyway possible and only gave him in the most positive light. I've always liked Will and i still want him to be friends with Elizabeth (even though the fact that the film didn't exactly establish if they're actually friends before the events of cotbp) and it's very nice to see how Will and Elizabeth as friends act towards each other in your fic. It's awkward to be sure, especially in your universe Elizabeth wasn't in love with Will and never was, but it feels very real.

I also like you OC, Rosalind and her relationship with Will. and i like that Will and Rosalind's presence, while big enough to warrant attention, but also small enough in it's capacity that they're not obscuring Jack and Elizabeth's presence and importance in the story.

all in all, reading your fic has been such an amazing journey altogether and i really really wish you'd finish it until the end because your story is so amazing and addicting and i think it has a lot of potential. However, if you truly decided to not continue this anymore, I of course will respect your decision and wish you all the best in your endeavors in the future :)
I know you finished this ages ago, but I REALLY loved it, out of all the fanfics I've ever read, this is the only one I've reviewed, I read all of it and never got bored. Please, I know it's a lot to ask, but please finish this. You cld do jack chooses to stay behind with the kraken and they save him from the locker. Your a really good writer. First story going to my favourites, and I'm a harsh critic, that's a compliment by the way
Lightningeye chapter 48 . 10/14/2014
Oh, I wish this would continue, I just adore this story. I appreciate that you didn't turn Will into a bad guy, or some jealous brigand, he's not like that and I'm glad you kept him how he really is. I have enjoyed the spin on the story you brought about, and your original dialogue for the most part, its refreshing to say the least!
I hope you find the inspiration to continue this story some day.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 48 . 9/2/2014
Fff-gdi, a cliffhanger. But! This is a lovely story. While I personally have a hard time seeing Jack exchanging letters with anyone, you have just the right amount that is realistic for the slowness that mail is delivered for the period, and I very much like how in character those letters are, regardless of their potential-ness. The only complaint I could have - and a minor one, I assure you - is that Jack needs to be fleshed out a bit more with his developmental arc to keep up with the rest of the characters. Not necessarily with monologues, but it would be nice to see scenes with the crew and such from his point of view that showcase how he has changed and his tangibility to the audience.

Rosalina is a very good OC, and I like how you've set up her background and relationship with both Elizabeth and Will. She meshes nicely with the plot, and doesn't detract from it. The way you portray her is excellent; that she fell in love with Will doesn't push either of them into the background, which adds a nice balance to Jack and Elizabeth that doesn't make Rosalina seem to be just something to appease fans of Will. She offsets Elizabeth well in that she doesn't appear to be a shadow of what Elizabeth could have been, and instead acts of her own accord and by her own wishes. The dynamic you've set up between her and Will makes for a good side plot all its own, interesting unto itself.

Should you continue this, I would be very much delighted! -
LoveSucks.VampiresBite chapter 48 . 6/2/2014
Amazing! Love the way you've written it so far. Please update soon :)
JackySparrow0403 chapter 48 . 5/23/2014
This story is absolutely amazing! I cannot wait for your next update!
Guest chapter 48 . 4/12/2014
Fantastic story. You sure you don't want to finish it?
KissOfDeathJE chapter 48 . 3/6/2014
I know it has been a while but... This story is SO good! Update, update, update! :(
Jenna Jade chapter 48 . 10/30/2013
So... noticed you haven't updated since 2010! Wow, what along interlude-but I imagine real-life has rear it's ugly head. Just curious as to when this will be finished and or updated if at all? Love the story in parts and in it's entirety so far. I can tell at certain points though when you've gotten tired or run out of sub-context 'cuz you tend to just rattle on about the inconsequentiality of one character or another with things not entirely relevant to the story plot.
However, that aside, I truly have enjoyed this particular story twist so far-point en case though, I feel that your leaning towards a Jack kill off or endeavoring to replace Jones with Jack as Captain of 'The Flying Dutchman'-I could be wrong(cuz wouldn't it be just fabulously awesome Jack come out of this predicament he's got himself into safe and sound-with girl en'tow-on the other side as only Captain Jack Sparrow flare can.)but I rather doubt it with how your dropping oh-so-obvious-hints. 'Death... is a choice' being your biggest one.
Death IS a choice and one so like Jack to choose instead of waiting for it to calmly collect his soul without cause or reason. There is always one more person on the face of the planet that Jack will always want more than anyone or anything else; and that
Jenna Jade chapter 23 . 10/25/2013
When does she get pregnant? Still waiting for this to happen. They've had more than a time or two together for this to have occurred already... just curious really, know your loosely following the original story plots but I do so imagine your putting you own twist on things-things being that which include Elizabeth's pregnancy aboard the Pearl in the midst of this most troublesome development occurring for the ever cunning and charmingly handsome Captain Jack Sparrow. Would be nice for a bit of coming inside info on the subject.. just for excitement purposes really. So something to look forward to too!

Please let me know ether way although it will be a bit disappointing should this not come to fruition between the inseparable couple.

**Jenna
Guest chapter 48 . 9/28/2013
Awesome please update !
Guest chapter 48 . 3/22/2013
You have to finish this! It's great! I love all your stories and have read them all but this is the best! YOU HAVE TO DO IT! NOW
Mademoiselle.Claire chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
So tender! Awesome!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
So tender kiss..awesome!
cute chapter 48 . 6/3/2012
I am dying for the next part miss pearl! I have quite litterally spent all day reading these chapters and I must say, I prefer this story to the movies lol! Just goes the books/writings are always better than the movies! It is just so beautifully romantic! I adore it! I don't even think of elizabeth/lizzie or jack as kiera and johnny anymore. I think Jack sparrow as how he looks in the movies but I picture Elizabeth as a much sweeter, tender pale beauty. I love it! The only tip or request would be to detail YOUR world a touch more, for even though its based on potc you are the write of this piece! You know like say stuff about what the ships looks like, and yeah i have seen the movie but I want to know your view on how it would look, like jacks cabin etc. Also your detailed idea of elizabeth would be cool too, just a thought or two.

Very sorry it is so long to write. I just hope you havent given up on this story.