Reviews for Shadow and Hells
Sycrylacryl chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
You keep Bishop's character consistent here to the very end. That's not easy to do. The scenes between Casavir and Bishop are the best. I thank you for a great read!

I have only two suggestions for improvement. There is too much repetition of "she spat" and "he growled," more so in some chapters than others. Also, the use of "fuck" seems to load down the dialogue in places and the cussing loses its punch.
Gaspode chapter 18 . 3/18/2010
It's funny but as dark and nasty as the story is the actual love story between Maeve and Bishop is really moving and almost bitter sweet. Maeve's dream in chapter 9 is beautifully written.

The whole story is well written so it's really a pity that it's more a series of anecdotes focusing on Maeve and Bishop than a full length story. I would have liked to see what you'd have done with the rest of the story too.

The 'epilogue' at the end is heart breaking. It's strange how hard it is to actually dislike Bishop, as mean as he is. Perhaps it's because he's so obviously broken.
Milia Timmain chapter 18 . 2/14/2010
I just, I really have no words. Wow.
Isiovien Rashedralin chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Hi there, just wanted to say that i absolutely loved this story! It's so great to read fanfic from an evil character's p.o.v. I'm attempting to play NWN2 through as evil as possible this time and this story has definitely helped!

To use a bit of a cliched phrase, it was an absolute rollercoaster of emotions! One minute I was gasping at the edge of my seat waiting to find out what would happen next, other times feeling smug satisfaction, then angry and then melancholy. The relationships between the characters, obviously your PC and Bishop in particular, were dynamic and very well developed. I'm so glad that you kept the truth of the characters and especially appreciate you not turning Bishop into some blubbering, lovey-dovey mess!

Funny, sexy and ultimately ending with a painful and bitter truth, you've done exceptionally well to construct such a poignant tale in a reasonably short space. It takes skill to do that and you've obviously got plenty of it.

One final gush...I LOVE IT! :D
Phoenix Arrival chapter 18 . 9/19/2009
There was no other way for this to end considering how their relationship was. The ending just felt right, like that's exactly what would've happened if the characters were placed in that situation, especially Bishop. The only unanswered questions it leaves is the daughter. Would he try to find her? If not, would her life be the tangles mess her parents' was? Would she feel as abandoned and let down as Bishop and become all that he hates in himself? Or would she swing in the other direction and become a holy Aasimar?
aelenor chapter 18 . 6/14/2009
There was no way for this to be a happy ending. How it happened, was quite unexpected, though. After the outpouring from Bishop last chapter, I thought that he'd come to terms that he did love Maeve, and that, if there was a utopia, he'd want to spend it with her. Given what they had committed, and who they've become, the chance for that happening would be slim.

After reading the ending, I felt at first quite surprised, because I would've thought that Bishop would have killed himself after he let his heart out (or at least him first and then Maeve). But now I think Bishop had to kill Maeve, not because he hated her, but because she was an aberration that needed to die... that, as you have said, should have died in the ruins.

And isn't it terrible that Bishop didn't kill himself, as I'm sure he wanted to have done, but Luskan gets the last laugh, molding him into a survivor, a survivor who has to live in that grey forever.

Poignant. Vivid details stay in my mind even over the months since Chapter 1 first came out. Stories like these are ruining any chance for liking KC/Casavir fics!
Swirlwind chapter 18 . 6/11/2009
I was hoping it wouldn't have to end this way, and in my imagination, it doesn't. It's too hopeless and miserable, even if this is the realistic way for the story to close. For me, Chapter 17 is where it stops, because I choose moments of light and shadow over the neverending pallor.

This is not meant as criticism towards your writing or the way you choose to end your story. It's just a matter of preference, that's all. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Dawn Moon chapter 18 . 6/11/2009
It's horrible and beautiful all at once. I have no words. A true tragedy. For my own selfish reasons, I wish it could have ended differently, but then it wouldn't be true. In the spirit of writer to writer, brava.
femensqueterror chapter 18 . 6/11/2009
Well I guess it had to end this way...Wow in the end it's like Bishop becomes even less than human, that poor man. Well this story shows everyone that if you chose to side with the King of Shadows and have Bishop there too, Bishop is going to win the game in the end? lol

This was a great fic and I don't think it could have ever had a happy ending with you crazy-go-nutz Bishop. I loved this from chapter one and I'm glad you finished it.
Scarrie chapter 17 . 3/23/2009
Well, what I have to say must come with a sort of introduction.

So yesterday I was browsing the internet sites, feeling bored as hell. Suddenly I trudged over a site about Neverwinter, where I found this Romance mod. The one that adds flirting options into the basic NWN2 and MotB. Then I thought, that it would be nice to play the game once again, just to see if it worked. To pass time while the game was being installed I had an idea of looking for some fanfics, just to pass the time. So I went here, typed some names of my favorite charas into the search engine and went on reading.

To say the truth, I stumbled across this one after reading some oneshots and was mesmerized in an instant. The game had long finished installing while I kept on reading. As I finished I had tears welling up in my eyes. Although sometimes he may have been a little ooc it has it's reasons. And who wouldn't like their fav character to have some softer spot.

Sorry if it may seem babbling or incoherent but I'm not a native of English and it's twice as hard to write with all the emotional swirl that's taking place inside me.

To sum up - it's a great story and it totally moved me to my core. As I glanced on other stories you wrote I saw some other interesting ones (especially ones with Gann and Casavir, mr). So, as soon as I make some sort of break from playing, I'll give them a shot. Just hope that my studies won't suffer from my fangirl mode.

Please, continue with the story asap as it's just simply great !
Dawn Moon chapter 17 . 3/2/2009
So heartbreaking. I cried so much, I honestly did. Even in these "uncharacteristic" moments, you manage to capture the characters fully. Wonderful! MORE PLEASE!

P.S.- Welcome back!
Swirlwind chapter 17 . 3/2/2009
I have one word for this story: outstanding. I read it from the beginning to the end and loved every bit of it. You captured the characters perfectly. Hell, I'm speechless. I wish there was more for me to read, but on the other hand, the story stands on its own as it is. Whew, what a ride. Loved it.
Purple Crow chapter 17 . 3/1/2009
Glad to see you've avoided the silly notion that Bishop could be a good father. This was handled very realistically. I'm looking forward to reading more chapters in the future if Maeve goads you into writing more. :D
femensqueterror chapter 17 . 3/1/2009
Wow this was a great chapter, you really pulled off his reaction to a baby well. I believe that Bishop would kill or just ignore any woman that would bare his child, seeing as he really shouldn't be a father anyway. Also the way you had him open up to Maeve was beautiful, he is so alone in the world and I guess Maeve is the only one he can emote around.

Again great chapter!
aelenor chapter 17 . 3/1/2009
How evil characters should be.

It is so refreshing to see how evil people are multi-dimensional, too. All people have a reason why they do things, so do evil people, and just because they are evil, doesn't mean the more evil they do, the more happy they are. They can be torn by the choices that they make but have the incapability to do otherwise.

Bishop's reaction is just perfect! And the fact that he knows what he would've done if she hadn't left and respects Maeve's decision is priceless.