Reviews for Superman: The Age of Superheroes 1938 to tomorrow
unoaranya30 chapter 2 . 3/13/2010
Just read chapter two. Like your take on baby Kal-el's introduction to the Kents and like your WWII setting. Very different. Well, different for me. Looking forward to reading the following chapters. :-)
unoaranya30 chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Well, just read your 1st chapter. I wasn't aware of this story but then I'm

kinda new around here. It was a very interesting start. Looks like

I have lots of reading material to keep me busy on my free time.

:-)
HELLACRE13 chapter 15 . 8/20/2009
Very interesting intro of the suit. Not to mention his hiding his physique etc. I mean kinda silly if he was striding around tall and muscular and confident in well fitting clothes with just glasses as his means of hiding himself.
HELLACRE13 chapter 13 . 8/20/2009
“That's not right Clark – I mean when a man passes on they're should be a marker of who he was. It took me a long time to save enough for my Pa a grave marker; but no way was he going to lay forgotten. If I was you I'd want something to remember them folks by, because whoever you are today, and whoever you become tomorrow, them dead folks – they will always be who you were.”

Brilliant. That sums up well why Superman is not just a costume and Clark Kent is only who he is.
HELLACRE13 chapter 10 . 8/20/2009
Okay I read the first 10 chapters...and what a great intro to a Superman story. You write really would make a great premise for an origins for a movie. (*superman returns...dropped the ball big time)

I loved seeing Clark being found by the Kents and how much it means to them to have a child. How growing up with these good people have influenced him but still we see the differences in him that does make him the unique individual he is. Love the signs of his sense of humor and that is not all angsty and whiny like Smallville Clark. A guy growing up with Jonathan Kent as his father to me would be very grounded and practical and have spine. Well I see I have lots to read again. I may not get the time to read it all out in one go but will try to review again when read the next few chapters.
sealkid3 chapter 45 . 7/14/2009
Good work on these past chapters. great distribution of action and great emphasis on surrounding details and technological details. Excellent flow and great job on maintaining an even balance between the various characters in the story and providing smooth transitions between each change. Keep it up and update soon.
Valandar chapter 45 . 5/19/2009
This is an excellent work, so far. You have done a masterful job of capturing the feel and flavor of the 40's, down to the slang and the popular culture of the time. Definitely an interesting take on the ultra-Humanite, quite different than the "official" one, and I liked how you then used it to lead into Wonder Woman's origin. Will the other costumed adventurers of the day such as the Jay Garrick Flash, Doctor Mid-Nite, the Spectre, the Alan Scott Green Lantern, and perhaps even Batman show up? And how far into the present will you eventually delve?
sealkid3 chapter 44 . 5/12/2009
Really great story, sorry for not reviewing before, i can't believe i didn't and seriously this story is so well though out and descriptive that i had forgotten the beginning of the story that when i began to reread it i thought you had been plagiarizing from a novel that had been written until i realized that this story was what was familiar once i checked the last chapter. It is that well written that i though it was an actual novel so my compliments on an amazing job. This story is amazing and i thank you for writing it not only for your own enjoyment but for the enjoyment you give us readers. Keep it up and hopefully those of us that read review your work because you deserve it.
S-Shield chapter 15 . 4/10/2009
So I've read the first 15 chapters in one sitting. Brilliant, man. So well thought out, so well executed. This would be a fantastic Superman novel if published.

I specifically appreciate the contrast between the super-advanced 21st Century vision of Krypton that merges theoretical physics with classic mythos and the rural early 20th Century Smallville. The contrast really highlights both and makes either one seem more plausible.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through (in terms of chapters). I'm so glad you pointed this out to me. And I appreciate you taking a look at my meager-by-comparison story.

What else can I say but "Keep Up the Good Work!"?
Mrpren87 chapter 2 . 4/2/2009
I came across this story by accident but now Im glad I did find it. I have only read two chapters so far but your story has caught my eye. It is really well written and I am excited to see what will happen later on in your story. It is a shame that this story dosen't have that many reviews because I can tell it will be a story worth reading. Again great story and look foward to reading it.
hydroteran chapter 39 . 2/27/2009
As allways a great story but its been so long since an update. Please put a new chapter up soon? I really love your story and characterisation. your fan.
Louise chapter 23 . 12/10/2008
this is so wonderfully written. And so true to the comics. It is a pleasure to read
Ganondorfdude11 chapter 39 . 12/3/2008
I liked the homage to Steel, with Superman fighting in armor with a hammer.
Ganondorfdude11 chapter 38 . 12/3/2008
So Krypto the Super-Dog is now a product of genetic experiments. Makes sense.
DeathGod666 chapter 39 . 11/30/2008
one thing I noticed is that when superman was examining Metallo you had Supes call him Metallo. This was before Metallo introduced himself and I am not sure if Supes has ever met Metallo before so that was about the only mistake I saw
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »