Reviews for Superman: The Age of Superheroes 1938 to tomorrow
unoaranya30 chapter 81 . 6/26/2011
I knew Wotan was up to no good! But then again, that didn't really take much detective work. He hasn't been up to any good since he came on the scene LOL.

This is very ominous for our heroes. The Nazi plan to duplicate them all is rather ingenious and as of right now, things aren't looking to bright for the forces of good.

Hope Gio, Dr. Fate, Supes, Wondy, Bats, and Slam (who seems to have a plan) are able to figure something out.

Very cool chapter. I understand how you got your headache, but I gotta tell you that I think your headache was worth it :-)
scifidude chapter 81 . 6/20/2011
Wow. When I read the ending of the last chapter, I was not expecting there to be a nazi version of almost every hero, just a few of them. It's very exciting. Frankly, I don't see how you're going to top this (the end of WWII is, after all, a few more years away). I can't waite to find out. Good luck!
booeygirl89 chapter 80 . 6/16/2011
Seems I am always behind...but...The Seven Hounds of War huh? Excellent turn of events. The T-Rex bit with Superman was an awesome bit of imagery. The colors in this chapter, red and yellow and the talk of fear and anger made me think of Blackest Night. Coincidence? Things I loved Bruce's concern for his protege, Superman scooping a dazed Wonder Woman out of the air during the second God Wave, and the use of the line "Release the Kraken". Plus a smart allecky Green Arrow in the last chapter mouthing off to the enemy agents. As always great characterization abounds throughout the story.
unoaranya30 chapter 80 . 6/3/2011
Lots of great stuff here C.

the description of the fight between Superman and T-Rex Luthor was very well done. Superman was in serious trouble but didn't give up. i'm glad you emphasis that while this strong magic can hurt him it does not take away his power like green or blue kryptonite would. I felt like I was watching the fight take place on the big screen.

Diana's fight was no less serious and I feared for her when the crystal skull Luthor joined the battle. you did a great job of showing her strength as a warrior her loyalty to her friends, and her wisdom in discerning that something greater was going on with Clea and the trident.

Superman sparing the T-Rex was very Superman and a nice touch and of course Superman rescuing Diana was very nice as well :-)

Excellent job of showing Bat-man's mind figuring out that something more is going on and seeing the movements of Johnny Quick and The Flash from Steve's perspective was very cool.

Loved the chapter and can't wait to see what happens next.
unoaranya30 chapter 79 . 5/21/2011
Excellent job of juggling all the different characters. I was wondering what the heck Superman was doing sticking by Lois when there was battling to be done but I see he was worried something had happened to her.

The scene with Trevor reminded me of the John Carter of Mars books by ERB. Very neat.

The ending had me on the edge of my seat. It just keeps getting tougher for our heroes. That Lizard Luthor is a whole new animal now. If Superman had his hands full with the humanlike version methinks he's in trouble now.

Same goes for Diana and Dr fate. But there are plenty of friends to jump in I hope.

Loved it. Hope you update soon!
unoaranya30 chapter 78 . 5/8/2011
Great chap. Plenty of cool action. Love how everyone is coming together.

That Supes is such a tease torturing that poor helpless little giant queen lady while she was in bed :-D

Love the mental radio.

I listen to it on occasion myself. You can get many more stations than you can on regular radio. Sometimes people think I'm spacing out. But of course that isn't the case at all. I'm just listening to an especially good song.

So Ollie just found himself a new mommy. I knew it wouldn't take him long.

Hope Slam survives before he, um, slams into the ground. No pun intended.
scifidude chapter 78 . 5/4/2011
Now this is an exciting chapter. It looks like things are getting very close to the conclusion. I can't wait. Also, if I had been writing a story featering a similer situation, I doubt that I could have resisted including the phrase "release the Kraken!" either. It made me laugh. Good luck!
unoaranya30 chapter 77 . 4/23/2011
Fabulous fight on the Kraken! Both Diana and Aquaman were written perfectly.

Boy, I tell ya. Those manling slaves really got the short end of the stick didn't they? Seems kinda rough to deliver a message and then have to wait until you get backhaned across the room before you can move on to other duties. Course getting to see the pretty lady that's going to whack you, naked beforehand probably helps take the sting out of the crash into the wall ;-)

love your intro to Robotman.

Sooo. You didn't think that a human brain inside of a robot back in the early forties was a brilliant idea?

Come on! What's the worst that could happen?

So you get a little rust on your brain. it's not the end of the world.

Or maybe the brain gets a little bit runny and starts leaking through little cracks in the metal.

Or maybe you get hit in the head by Bizarro!

yeah, okay. you're right. that was sort of a stupid idea LOL

update soon my friend
phyrephly chapter 77 . 4/23/2011
Did it!;)). Gotta tell you, it's been a fun ride so far lololol.

You really do bring these characters to life, (Bob Crane's change in "circumstance" not withstanding), C. I just keep seeing/hearing George Reeves and young Lynda Carter (circa season one). Embarassed a little to say, I don't know too much about the other heroes, save Bruce Wayne/Bat-man, but I think when this one's done, I may have filled that space in my grey matter. Now that the marathon is over, I'll settle for the occasional sprint, when you put a further extension to the course.
booeygirl89 chapter 76 . 4/21/2011
Finally caught back up. But am loving these last couple of updates. The explanation for the Atom's powers and Vigilate's gun was inspired. The way that you are able to juggle so many characters and make it look so effortless is really incredible. Can't wait to see Supes, Wondy, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Speedy get out of this one!
unoaranya30 chapter 76 . 4/20/2011
Hourman! Batman the Flash and the Hawks are back! Love it.

Great reveal of the arrows. The action was good and I love how you write Aquaman.

Just curious, are you going to introduce Liberty Belle, Firebrand, Commander Steel into the story or will they not exist in this reality.

The two distinct ha-mazon civilizations is a really neat idea. Very exciting and creative storytelling, C. And love how you treat each character with respect and keep them in character.
phyrephly chapter 67 . 4/19/2011
I'm at 68, annnnddddd lovin' it! This is one heck of a story C, it's got it all - excitment, suspense, romance, and humour (subtle and not so subtle), and I love the guest-stars - hoping to read more of the puppy (itching to call him "Krypto", but I won't). I especially love the banter between Superman/Wonder Woman/Batman, and how the two men came to know each other's civilian ID's. Priceless. Lois Lane is an annoying a character as ever - as she should be, methinks. Anyways, I'm desperate to "catch-up" so for now it's on with the show - (loved the start of 65? where Lois and Clark were at the movies and Clark was introduced to Bugs Bunny - absolutely Classic!)
unoaranya30 chapter 75 . 4/17/2011
Very, very cool. Looks like Aquaman, Supes and Wondy and the rest of the gang are about to get reinforcements! Now if Dr Fate could just keep that fancy helmet on his head!

Looking forward to more :-)
scifidude chapter 75 . 4/16/2011
I really enjoyed this chapter. It really helped to explain some of the mysteries that were going on. I especially like how, even though this story takes place during the earlier days of DC comics, you've find ways to include concepts that were not introduced until much later. For instance, during this story arch, there have been several mentions of the emotional spectrum, introduced in the Green Lantern comics (in this case, the color red). As someone who is an avid Green Lantern reader, it has made this story even more exciting. Keep up the good work.
unoaranya30 chapter 74 . 4/12/2011
Robotman is coming! Very cool origin.

Looks like Supes and Wondy are down for the count at the moment.

Have to say that I've always been a sucker for a good lost civilization story. Here we have two groups of exotic warrior women, American soldiers kidnapped and taken to a castle, dino's and flying reptiles. Very cool C!

Also curious to see what the explanation is for the Vigilante's gun as well as what happens to the rest of the group.

Very exciting and very imaginative storytelling :-)
190 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »