Reviews for Superman: The Age of Superheroes 1938 to tomorrow
unoaranya30 chapter 73 . 4/8/2011
That was very exciting! You're outdoing yourself with Aquman. Very much enjoy how you write him.

Lizzy met his end in the jaws of another lizzy! Very poetic.

Now Supes, Wondy, Aquaman still have to deal with the Ha-mazons!

Oh and very cool how you had the atom get his powers.

Looking forward to more. Sorry about dragons. I ended up working my day off. I'll send you note this weekend :-)
SuperCharles chapter 73 . 4/7/2011
To answer Smallvillerules.

"I have a question, is this a SM/WW romance fic or superman/lois fic."

The best answer is yes.

I have a lot of love for Siegel's Lois and I am a Kingdom Come fan.

Honestly I use the comics as inspiration - it was always my intention with this story to try and stick to the broad brush of canon, while telling new stories or versions of those stories with a harder SF angle grittier feel, and of course time passes and things change.

In some respects the big challenges are yet to come, how to deal with functionally immortal Superman and mortal human supporting cast. I hope there is enough love for this story for people to keep reading!
Smallvillerules chapter 73 . 4/6/2011
I have a question, is this a SM/WW romance fic or superman/lois fic.
unoaranya30 chapter 72 . 4/4/2011
Great action! You paint the scene of battle well and the odds don't look good. Even if Superman wins the fact that lizard luthor is his near match effectively keeps from coming to the rescue of others.

Diana is written brilliantly, her courage, compassion, her knowledge and wisdom and her reading the enemies intent like a book. Very well done.

Also glad that your Aquaman is no wimp.

Look forward to the adventure going on underground as well with the Vigilante and am curious if this will be how the atom gains his powers.

Hope you are able to update soon!
scifidude chapter 72 . 4/4/2011
First of all, I loved the line about Frankenstein and Ming the Merciless. Second, thouroughly enjoyed the fight scenes. It doesn't get much better than evil genius super-dinosaurs evil Amazon-like women riding Pterasaurs. Is it just me, or do all of the best battles in this story take place in pocket dimensions. I can't waite to see what happens next. Good luck!
phyrephly chapter 31 . 3/29/2011
Honestly, C, you've got the grammar and nuances of the day all sewn up with this one, really good stuff. I feel like I'm a kid in a theatre, ready to order pop-corn and roll jaffas down the aisle - and I'm only READING the story. Can see George Reeves/Kirk Alyn & Phyllis Coates/Noel Neill (take your pick at the pairing) saying your dialogue, complete with the (crappy but) wonderful special effects and stunts! Seemless use of the "historical" (canonical), is just so much poetry. I'm having a blast, a great read! I'd say let me catch up some, but I know there are others who have cottoned on to this one, well before me and are just itching to find out the proverbial, so I'll try to stick to my 5 - 10 a day. Though occasionally, I can only manage 2 chapts!
phyrephly chapter 20 . 3/23/2011
Just started reading this one today, C. Brilliant! I know I got some reading to do to catch up, but hey, with the story this engrossing, I'm in it for the long haul...lolol. You really manage to have me seeing the pages of the (1st) comic story - I could just imagine the comic actually being written to run the story as you told it here. (?...hey guys, it is 2.00am here). I hope you know what I mean..Anyways, looking forward to my catch-up home-work ;D
GEOZZSTEVENZZ chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
i just had to read this story after the cowboy fanfic. i expect you to live up to your standards. i expect to be highly impressed. don't disappoint.
unoaranya30 chapter 71 . 3/5/2011
Very exciting C! Love the way you described Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Superman entering Ventura.

The introduction of Dr midnight and Quick was also very cool.

The Queen seems very powerful and scary but I'll bet she'll get a good surprise when she battles Diana and of course Arthur is no slouch either.

It's all coming together now very very cool :-)
Trickster91 chapter 71 . 3/4/2011
"You're not Superman." Wow, that irked me. I would of just shut the door on Lois and take the other too.

Loving Sally so far. :D

Great job. :)
booeygirl89 chapter 70 . 2/13/2011
Congratulations on hitting chapter 70! The depth of this story is so impressive. And the addition of so many characters from Steve trevor to Vigilatne is amazing. I love the interactions between Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman in this chapter. Aquaman especially has been a great addition to the story. But you can't beat a good ol Supes and Wondy team up! I can't wait to see what happens to everyone in the pit of doom. Thanks for the update.
scifidude chapter 70 . 2/12/2011
Wow, 70 chapters and over 40 hundred thousand words. If that isn't an accomplishment, then I don't know what is. Congratulations! I can't waite to see the heroes follow the Nazis into the Pit of Doom. Good luck!
unoaranya30 chapter 70 . 2/12/2011
Muy good :-)

Diana's responses and her completely missing the subtle come ons were funny and in character.

Also appreciated Superman picking up on all this and his thoughts of the affects of her beauty alone.

The debate with the king of tritonis and the American military seemed very natural. Have to say that I'm glad they compromised :-)

Looking forward to the adventures in the pit and finding out more about those two figures in the cell

See ya next chap!
unoaranya30 chapter 69 . 2/10/2011
Very cool action and very nice the way Diana used her powers to protect herself and the sub.

Loved the meeting of the superpowered three and Aquaman telling Supes they'd met before.

I wasn't sure what happened to Dr Fate and company. Were they put into a room or into the portal?

But me thinks that it's Batman and Robin to the rescue!

Update soon my friend
Wonderbee31 chapter 69 . 2/10/2011
All right, they've got past this next challenge, just gonna look forward to what happens next as it comes time for the three to continue on to the final part and defeat whatever plans the Nazi's have for the world.
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »