Reviews for Superman: The Age of Superheroes 1938 to tomorrow
unoaranya30 chapter 68 . 2/7/2011
Love how everything is coming together. Things look a bit grim for Dr. Fate and company as well as Wonder Woman and everybody in the sub and Aquaman. But I'm sure Supes will be able to help turn the tables.

Seeing him go into action is always a treat.

Very nice update. Hope Lizard Luthor doesn't try to give fake woman Ultra a kiss. their heads would probably make a clanging sound and that would probably distract Supes long enough for the bad guys to get the upper hand :-)
unoaranya30 chapter 67 . 2/1/2011
Beautifully written.

Aquaman in action, the fancy sub in danger. Superman heading back out of the pit and Dr. Fate's team in danger.

Must say that I really like how you describe and explain Superman's suit.

So now the vigilante is coming to the rescue!

Very neat.

What are the rest of the JSA doing I wonder?

Can't wait for more :-)
scifidude chapter 67 . 1/30/2011
I don't really have much to say. It was a good, like always. I especially liked the part from the last chapter where Superman fights a pliosaur. I wonder if any the Annuki have any other prehistoric creatures at their disposal. I hope so, because it would be really cool to see Superman fight a T-Rex.

I can't wait to see more. Good luck!
James M chapter 14 . 1/30/2011
I just read the first part (first 14 chapters) and am definitely enjoying it so far. It's well written and I like the description of life on the Great Plains leading up to the dustbowl.

Technically, there are a few mistakes where the wrong word appears (but is itself spelled correctly so spell-check doesn't catch it) and there's one missing comma that left me scratching my head for a moment (chapter 14: "Jor-El of Lara" reads like its describing someone named Jor-El from a place called Lara), but they aren't frequent.

I'm hoping that the pace slows down in the next few chapters - the first part of the story jumps between little vignettes that deal with getting baby Clark Kent from Krypton to the point where he's wearing his Superman outfit and going to Metropolis. Each vignette itself is well paced, but jumping between them is a bit frantic. I'm hoping the first part basically serves as an extended prologue for the novel that's starting now.

The story has real promise and I'm looking forward to reading the next part.

- Mr_Academic from io9
unoaranya30 chapter 66 . 1/30/2011
Great fight with the sea monster. The Pit of Doom is truly scary.

Neat explanation of the Ultra-Humanite.

Things don't look good for the Crimson Avenger, Wing and Sandman.

Very exciting. I smell an unexpected meeting of heroes fixing to take place.

Whether or that happens I know it'll be good :-)
Wonderbee31 chapter 66 . 1/28/2011
Uh oh, that's not good, and will looks as things start to get more difficult now, especially with more lives being lost, and will look to see who falls next before the bad guys are stopped but good.
unoaranya30 chapter 65 . 1/28/2011
Aquaman. Nice intro. Hopefully get to see him and Supes interact next chapter. The pit sounds scary and the action with Supes was beautifully done.

I can see the good guys getting real confused when if they run into the four look a likes!

So Ultra may be back?

Understandable. Why would he want to look like a powerful male god with the loveliest goddess for a wife when he could run around LA looking like Dee Dee! LOL!

Great Chap. Looking forward to what happens next.
Trickster91 chapter 65 . 1/27/2011
You have a really great story going on here. I love the way you introduce so many. I have a question though. I saw that you put in Shining Knight in the story, is there by any chance you will eventually introduce Vigilante? With all the characters you have in here, it just leaves me curious. :)
scifidude chapter 65 . 1/27/2011
Once again, a very good chapter. The first thing I noticed was that it was a little shorter than some of the previous one, which makes sense. It seems that your leadig up to the next chapter, which I suspect is when the action really heats up. Whether that's the case or not, I'm excited. Good luck!
Wonderbee31 chapter 65 . 1/27/2011
Uh oh, Lois being kidnapped by Ultra's not a good thing, as he was very much a classic villain here imo, one who is willing to go all out if needs be, and will hope that Clark can come to the rescue sooner than later.
unoaranya30 chapter 64 . 12/21/2010
Yeah! another update!

like the intro of Bart Regan and his comparison of his Sally to Lois, seeing that both female characters had the same creators. So glad you introduced Aquaman and that was a cool introduction to his costume.

Hmmm, more mystery and adventure under the hills of Beverly Hills. I like it.

the intrigue in the underwater kingdom of Tritonis was captivating and I gotta say those magical tridents were certainly tougher than the magical butter knives I was using on my toast yesterday.

Hope that Big Blue survives and is able to show those baddies what's up!

I only have one complaint. However it is sort of a major one. You gave the Nazi's the SS Beaver!

Okay. I realize that just cuz they're bad guys doesn't mean the can't get any but you could at least have the good guys the SS Spread Eagle or the SS Porker or even something like the Nazi's had. Maybe the SS Beaver Fever you know just to boost the morale of the troops and um, what? What do you mean it's just the name of a ship? the SS Beaver was a ship?

Aaahhh! Gotcha! Alrighty then! just ignore the above complaint then ;-)

looking forward to the next chapter. As always, beautifully written, plotted and love that you are including so many characters both familiar and more obscure.

talk to you soon my friend.
Wonderbee31 chapter 64 . 12/20/2010
Oh boy, will hope that Supes can get him and his companions out of this mess, while Lois is hard on a story's heels.
Kyer chapter 62 . 12/20/2010
Not to be nitpicky, but you've got Jay Garrick's name wrong when he confronts Kal-El in this chapter. So nice to see Jay get some love...he gets overshadowed a lot by Allen and West which is a damned shame. I love to see him teamed with Alan just as much as I love Barry and Jay and Wally and Jay...Jay's a keeper. ;)

Just read the trade Superman: Earth One and if nothing else the artwork is extremely good. Check it out if you haven't already. It is a retcon of Kal-El, though, placing his debut as Superman in modern day Metropolis, so if you're a purist that might not appeal.
unoaranya30 chapter 63 . 12/10/2010
Kuella? As in Kuella de Ville? Oh, wait! That can't be right. She was from that Dalmation story! My bad.

Great update. Enjoyed the intro of mr Terrific and GA and speedy. The sub is very cool and I'm intrigued with what you do with Lizard Luthor and The mysterious king who would align himself with the Nazi's.

Hope you update soon :-)
scifidude chapter 63 . 12/8/2010
So Atlantis could join the war as well. If that doesn't constitute a world war, I don't know what does. You really have done a great job at taking the various aspects of the DC Universe, and placing them in one story that revolves around an actual historical event - World War II. Even the Old Gods and the God-Wave of Jack Kirby's mythos are included. Perhaps my favorite part, however, is how Superman fits into it all. In your version, Superman literally comes from another universe, and it feels like it when read the story. None of the various evils threatening humanity ever saw him coming. They had never seen anything like him. His appearence changed everything, just like Action Comics changed comic books. That was amazing. Good luck!
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »