Reviews for The Ghost of a Chance
Mireille Bouquet Fan chapter 24 . 10/25/2014
A fascinating read. I like the fact that you've gone to a lot of trouble in writing descriptive language, making it relatively easy to imagine a scene. Adding in other explanatory details for the reader is another big plus in my opinion. The story is largely believable, with some of the enjoyable outlandishness of the 'big' Bond movies.

I don't know if you had a particular actor's portrayal in mind, but I find Timothy Dalton comes to mind when reading.

Excellent work!
MercuryPilgrim chapter 23 . 11/6/2012
Beautiful. This is wonderfully written. Everything is so well done, I don't think I can give it enough praise!
Bond fan chapter 24 . 5/28/2012
While that other guy criticized your "purple prose" and such, I think it was incredibly well done.

Your story flows like Fleming's classics, and it really humanizes Bond in a way that Fleming managed, but few of the films did.

Excellent job!

PS- I can't wait for Skyfall in November
W. Stock chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
The story's prose is so purple, and filled with nothing but endless walls of words, I could not get through 3 paragraphs.

And what's worse, you seem to have no idea at all what the words you're using mean or whether they fit or not. And you have no idea what you're attempting to say, and your switch to Bond is very awkward.

The fact that this pretentious tripe has gotten nothing but good reviews only confirms my theory that no one will give a story a negative review, no matter how much they dislike it.
Princess from Far chapter 24 . 9/18/2011
Well, that's a piece of a story! Really, I loved it - just as Bond should be. Be advised - some of Broccoli's scriptwriters may contact you soon for a deal ;) Dynamic, energy flowing, no time to get bored. Characters well built, plot interesting, no useless descriptions and, of course, well-placed cliffhangers.

If I have one remark, that'll be about the action in Poland. I love it you put Bond there - I feel like the films abandoned my country while, in my opinion, it really presents great opportunity to find interesting spots. However, it's still not Russia and temperatures here rarely drop under minus 10 (not even speakin of -20 - in the last decade it happened twice that termometers noted -15, but it was in some villages in mountains, in the south of Poland). Varsaw is in the part of Poland where climate is mild - so no freezing temps there ;).

Besides that - it was great and a pity that it's your only story. I hope you'll write more someday - isn't a sequel a tempting idea? ;)

Augustus Gomes chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
So far so good. I too am a fan of Mr Fleming and feel that very few authors have re-created Bond correctly(Faulks being the worst).

I am enjoying your interpretation so far!
Mercutio chapter 24 . 6/25/2011
It's regrettably rare to find well-written, well-plotted, well-paced fiction on , but yours is one of those gems and I am glad to have found it. Thank you for posting it- it is a good deal better than some of what passes for published fiction!
geordie grey chapter 24 . 3/1/2011
Wow. I NEVER expected to come across a full-length, completely engrossing novel here. But this one is really, really good. If I had purchased it in the bookstores, I would have ended it feeling like I'd gotten my money's worth. I really hope the author continues working.
Dachande663 chapter 23 . 10/30/2010
Just read this all the way through and have to say it's one of the best fics I've read. Heck, it was better than the last Bond book to be released by Faulks. I hope you release a new one one day, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
LarsG chapter 24 . 5/31/2010

Just finished reading your story for the second time, and it is still really really good.

The technical stuff is interesting and most seems legit, albeit I think that thing with the mobil-phone

would only work for one cell-tower, the plot is intriguing and the characterization is good.

Long time since I read any James Bond books but yours seems a bit like the Sean Connery from the movies,

and a lot like the new with Daniel Craig.

I like how rich your writing is but it might be a bit too much to understand at times and

lowering it, but not too much, in a future story might bring the readership up.

I only caught a few missing words and so in the text if you would like to have them corrected

I suggest that you leave a request for reviews with them at the beginning of the story.

Kind regards,

LarsG chapter 23 . 11/12/2009
Simply fantastic! :)

I can't really find any constructive criticism now, but it might be

because I haven't put this book since yesterday evening, and now it's in the afternoon, I'm tired.

Believable Bond, sad but not far-fetched break-up, one of the best James Bond plots yet.
Aurora Corona chapter 24 . 4/7/2009
This is one of the best stories i have read on fanfiction net.

Well done!
MG chapter 3 . 1/5/2009
hi Andrew,

Thank you for this novel. I have only read the first couple of chapters but it catches beautifully the character, mileu and also the excitement of the world of james bond. There is the pleasure of the prose with excitement of one of the finer films.

I have read a few good online Bond stories and abandoned many as produce something that is both faithful and new and is obviously a real challenge. To me it is one these early chapters meet triumphantly. I look forward to future chapters and hopefully future stories.
myzteriouz chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
p.s. dopamine is released by the sunstantia nigra or the ventral tegmental area of the brain
Asian-Orange chapter 5 . 12/17/2008
Obviously I am not done with this story yet but I liked it so much I couldn't wait until I was done to review. This is unbelievably good. Ridiculously good, to almost the same standard as Fleming good. Better than a lot of the other stories on this website. The writing style is exciting and visually expressive and the dialogue witty and engaging. I am thoroughly enjoying the story and can't wait to read the next chapter. I really have to say that reading an excellent fanfic really makes my day, and you have made my day. Thanks!