Reviews for The Price of Fame
JenEvan chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
The downward spiral brought by fame and fortune i something very real, and seeing Shuichi nearly falling into that abyss is a bit frightening - not even the most simple person can be totally unaffected. But that's where the beauty is - to see him eventually pull himself out, with help from the ones who cared about him.
That, and Ryuichi's wake-up call to Shu, despite the Kumagoro cuteness, actually has a rather deep impact.
"but what it changes you to - that you can choose."
May Eve chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
This is quite lovely. :) Well done.
eirenical chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Gravitation was one of my favorite manga/anime about 10 years ago and Sakuma Ryuichi my favorite part of it. I remember reading this story then and loving every piece of it, especially the more serious bits of Ryuichi sneaking through to try to help Shuuichi. I could picture a younger Ryuichi facing that same decision of what to allow the fame to change him into and gradually becoming more child-like to deal with it.

This?

"Shuichi," he said, and it wasn't his light tenor or Kumagoro's squeak but lower, richer. His singing voice. "It'll change you, you can't do anything about that." He placed one hand on Shuichi's chest, not for balance, but lightly, fingers splayed over his heart. "But what it changes you to-that you can choose."

Possibly one of my favorite lines I've read in any story and what enabled me to find this story again 10 years later when I had a hankering to rewatch Gravitation and thus reread my favorite stories. I'm so glad I found this and so glad it lived up to my memory. _

Thank you so much for writing it!
saranya1555 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
salut, bonne fic
dogangelsrule chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Oooo, I really enjoyed this~ You never see fics about Shuichi like this, so I'm glad I found this.

Amazing writing~ 3
IOTR chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Superb characterization. :)

I really love the ending.
NextNothingNew chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
And hey, this one too. The ending really did it for me, especially Shuichi's apology and Ryuichi swallowing an entire bottle of alcohol just keep Shuichi from screwing up? Was great. Total heart-warmer for me. And I was glad that Yuki came to visit out of concern, as I half-suspected he would.
Anyjen chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Great story, really. You captured Shuichi perfectly here, particularly how vital Yuki is to his well-being, and how a prolonged seperation from his very own "Kumagoro" (*giggle*) could be dangerous for him, considering his line of work. I mean, I love Yuki, but the guy is not exactly a very supportive person... though he tries. Sometimes. When he isn't too busy cursing his deadlines.

Anyway, loved it, even if at times it seemed as if you had grabbed my insides and were squeezing them with all you had... the story was *that* good. Angst with a happy ending... my favourite kind! :D
asdefbt chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
really amazing, i love the fic :) thank-you for writing it! beautiful, in character and inpiring, even! also, your writing skills seem proffessional, which makes me suspicious :p

awesome work here :)
Silent Nacht chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I loved reading this! I haven't picked up Gravitation in years, but a friend recced this to me and I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did. Thank you for this lovely story.
PaladinDragon chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
I loved this! It was very real and sounded so in character! It was wonderful. It -is- wonderful.
ChristabelRose chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
that was great! very well portrayed. thanks for a great read!
Solandra chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
*stares speechless for a moment* This fic had EVERYTHING that makes a great Gravi fic; humor, angst, IC, etc. Shuichi might seem OOC to some, but he's got his serious moments too in canon, so his behavior is plausible here, especially since you showed how he *could* be driven there. Oh, Shuichi, if Ryuichi hadn't been there to stop you...

But what *really* makes this story exceptional is the perfect balance between the music and romance aspects of Gravi. SO MANY fics just focus on Yuki/Shuichi and push Bad Luck to the background, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's refreshing to see something that focuses on both equally, and also on how these two seemingly unrelated things intertwine with each other.

Sorry for the rambling, but I just wanted to capture in words the awesomeness that was your fic. Great characterization, great plot (I loved Ryuichi's hidden wisdom!), and an ending that left me grinning like an idiot. You own.
SakuraRi chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Aw. That was sweet. I really liked the ending.
aphroditeachan chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
Aww, now that just made my day.