Reviews for If It Makes You Happy
To a Skylark chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Really gorgeous story, your House introspection is very in-character, most people can't get it right, but you've nailed it here.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
a good story, a very concise explanation of how Cameron changed thru the years. Still, personally, I liked her best and will always like her best the way she was in S1. Then she went downhill from someone truly unique and priceless and special to just another jaded doctor, who is, on top of it all, in a relationship with the wrong man. Her hair color is a synonym... from a beautiful brunette to a blond clone among millions of blond clones in Hollywood. And now... now she's a jaded doctor MARRIED (and that fact still makes me ill) to the wrong man and her real fans are all twittering in fear of when the idiotic TPTB will knock her up and destroy the chance for Hameron forever.
kristendotcom chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Oh my god, this is beautifull! Its so well written I was entranced and had to keep reading more the moment I started reading. Great job!
sapere aude chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
nice fic
The Documentor chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
That was amazing.

I do agree with you that a lot was missing from 97 Seconds, but you really filled that gap by explaining exactly what that 97 seconds was like and how he believed it would affect people, specifically Cameron. House and Cameron were both perfectly in character and I really enjoyed the flow of conversation as well as the gradual increase of...I suppose you'd call it physical intimacy, although that's not the right terminlogy.

Absolutely brilliant work.
TrapperII chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
I love when House and Cameron have meaningful, intelligent conversation rather than just banter. You did that very well. Thanks!
Timbereads chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
You know, I was randomly browsing the collection of HouseCam stories when I read the summary to this one. Before even looking at who wrote it, I thought immediately how much it reminded me of you. Obviously there was a reason.

What to say, what to say? First off, this gave me a wonderful sense of catharsis, especially after the less than stellar season four. I often wonder if House writers ever read any stories on this site, and clearly they don't. Because if they did, you would have been snatched up and asked to write for the show quicker than..well, something fast. This story explains House's motives for everything better than any analysis by Wilson or, god forbid, Thirteen. I love it.

Second, it was fascinating to see the subtle differences in how Cameron responds to House, differences that have developed over the course of the show and over the course of your writing.

Finally, your description of the place between life and death was trippy and intense and so very electric (no pun intended) that it made me stop questioning House's sanity for a moment. What drug addict wouldn't want to experience something like that?

PS: I love that people are (re)discovering Vast Indifference. Ah, memories. One day, you WILL finish that story. And I will be the first one to review it, obviously, 'cause that's just the way I roll /end Jonas Brothers geekoff
NoLongerActiveasof2008 chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
wow! that was good. i like it.
Jaby chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
I can't understand why you didn't get more reviews for this story. It's an amazing piece of work!
NDcountry10 chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
I love the poetic quality to this story. Beautiful yet again!
JohnGrey chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
My dear, can I say how much I love this fic? I know how unsatisfied you were with 97 Seconds, and you've done an excellent job of enriching a weak story in an equally weak season of television. I'm also amused by House's NDE. Sounds like tripping on acid. Not that I'd know what that's like. 8-o. You could update some of your stories...if you really wanted to. :-D
momsboys chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
This was good. I wish you would continue it.
No One Reads Bad Fanfics chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Wow, that was like the ultimate, kick ash Hameron convo.

And she was the Cameron I love.

not the one I like a lot, but the confident one I love.

The one who'll kick back whenever she feels like it, not just when it's necessary.

And, did you know that half of your references seemed to fall in season two? Or, at least, the little things I picked up fit season two. Like, the money waistband thing always makes me think of 215 ("Clueless").

I'm ranting but whatever because this was really good. Favorite!

XOXO, SoNotEmo
JosGotGlock chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
“I remember a time,” she said softly, “when you would have used this conversation to try and teach me a lesson. How to be less naïve, less pedantic. You might have rolled your eyes, but you would have secretly loved the power play. I miss those days.”

I think this was my favorite part of the story. Proves so much how she has grown and become a better person/doctor. She can handle him and his "issues" now. This was a fantastic story my dear. I loved it very much! Great writing and a great little "extra scene" from that episode.

*mucho hugs*