Reviews for The Out of Towners
Guest chapter 12 . 2/21/2010
This is my first review on this site, so I hope it's not too late to post or too useless.

I really wanted to say how much I enjoyed this story. It had great pacing, characterisation an omg a plot! I thought it went just like a normal episode (with a tiny bit more whump, which is not a bad thing, of course!), which is probably the best compliment I can give a piece like this.

The only part that threw me out of the story slightly (and again, just my opinion, of course) was the use of the term 'American dog'. I thought it was ok, it just seem to come a bit thick and fast towards the end. Maybe mix it up a little? Insults are such an awesome thing, you can pretty much make them up on the spot for bonus awesomeness!

Anyway, once again. I really loved this story, so thankyou for writing it, and I look forward to reading all your other stories!
Arianna18 chapter 12 . 2/20/2010
What a wonderful wild ride! Terrific story with a brilliant plot, lots of nonstop action, enough owies to more than go around, suspence, thrills and chills. Great characterizations, with every 'voice' bang on. I loved it and I'm so glad it was recc'd on LJ. Thanks so much for writing it.

Wandering to off to see what other goodies you've written...
tiffaroolou chapter 12 . 2/14/2010
Great story. I actually read this months ago before I had an FFN account, and just came across it today and decided to leave a review.

And I wanted to tell you that I completely agree with what you have on your profile about writing/posting, etc. That's how I do it. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Well, I'm off to explore your other stories in the NCIS fandom. :D
PADavis chapter 12 . 2/13/2010
What a great read - I couldn't get over how you threw most of WVa at the team, all but the top of a mountain. And in chapter 1, I laughed out loud when Gibbs phone rang while they were in a cornfield. Made me think you live somewhere near DC. There's an endless stretch of cornfields on 301 in MD that used to eat my cell signal every time.

I enjoyed reading your profile too - I couldn't agree more with you about writing first, then posting on a schedule. Its my personal mantra, too.

I liked your style here too, not just the cornfield. A good sense of humor, nice, straightforward prose, and I love how you drew OC characters in a few lines.

Phoebe
JellyKate1 chapter 12 . 12/4/2009
Great story! I know it's not new but I just discovered it. I love me some Timmy-whumping. Those dastardly terrorists!
eriphi chapter 12 . 11/9/2009
Oh, well done indeed - I am so pleased I found this story tonight. Thank you for posting it, and for your wonderful characterisations and action and teamworking and drama and... well you get the idea.

This whole story was marvellous from beginning to end. The action kept moving along, the dialogue was spot on and whole team were just superb. Your writing has that wonderful trick of feeling effortless to a reader, which can only mean a lot of work by an author, and this one, very contented (if up past my bedtime), reader thanks you for it.
JoyBean chapter 12 . 10/22/2009
I just finished your wonderful story! I really enjoy your writing and how you plot out the story as an ensemble piece so every character gets to shine. I was worried for a bit about the thumbdrive earlier in the story. I'm glad it wasn't a major plot thread that wouldn't get addressed until the end of the story (i.e. that's what they were after). You set it up and after an action scene, quickly returned to it. My favorite part of the story was the begining where you show the characters reactions to the sexual harassment seminar (and the instructor's reactions to the NCIS team). The comedy was gold.
Azamiko chapter 12 . 5/5/2009
Yay! Fun!
Haleykim chapter 12 . 5/3/2009
Wow, what a wild ride! This story had so many twists, turns and excitement that it's left me reeling! In a good kind of way, of course :o)

Okay, where do I start... Characterization! All the characters were absolutely spot on. I'm in total awe of your apparent ability to get into these characters' heads and draw them out. Very, very well done.

Quality. The quality of your writing is excellent, in my, admittedly, humble opinion. Your writing is tight and fast, and GOOD. I've spotted very few typos and the ones I did spot were summarily dismissed because the story and your writing-style were far too gripping and exhilirating to be bothered by them.

Humor. I'm in awe of your ability to inject humor into the most dire situations. It never becomes too much but there's just enough of it to keep the story from becoming too serious.

Last but not least: the whump! I'm a h/c junkie and I love hurt!Tony, for which you also seem to have a slight preference ;o) The whump is excellent and inventive and my only complaint might be that I'd like a teeny bit more comfort to go with the hurt. But just reading about Gibbs running around half-cocked (well, almost ;o)) because he's worried about his team is enough to send my little whumper's heart a-flutter. :o)

The only thing I can think of in the way of pconstrucvtive critique is (and it's really such a nit-picky thing) that Ziva referred to Tony quite a few times with "DiNozzo", even when she was speaking to Gibbs, but on the show she hardly ever does that. Mostly she refers to him with "Tony". I think that would make her slightly more personable and reflect her obvious care for her teammates a bit more. But like I said, it's such a tiny thing and may just be a matter of personal preference. :o)

To sum up: this story was made of awesomeness! I'm looking forward to reading your other stories!
Demonic22 chapter 12 . 3/12/2009
wow this was edge of your seat stuff, lots of action and hurting which is what i love. I especially liked the bit when dinozzo jumped the car over the bridge. To have it go over the edge anyway was harsh, but good!
NoLongerActiveUser chapter 12 . 3/2/2009
*a thunderous round of applause!* What a thrilling story, I absolutely loved it. I'm going to have to save it and print it for later reading :D I loved the action, the twists, the camaraderie with the team...and you got all of their voices dead-on. Fantastic!
NoLongerActiveUser chapter 10 . 3/2/2009
Horray for the cavalry! Gibbs Grizzly bear, indeed!
NoLongerActiveUser chapter 8 . 3/2/2009
OMG! Brutal! Poor McGee. That had to hurt. I loved the bit with the minnows...kinda creepy but also kinda funny. Ziva & Gibbs tracking down their prey was awesome! And go Tony, sticking it to the baddies.
NoLongerActiveUser chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
How could I have missed your amazing stories? This one is out-of-the-ballpark fantastic! I love love love it.
diana teo chapter 12 . 2/13/2009
I knew it!I knew he'd be in Tony's ,I didn't guess he'd be with NCIS!And isn't Dr. Caldwell a name from St. Elsewhere,starring a certain younger Mr. Harmon?( I might be mistaken).You're shameless...;P This must be the most DEVIOUS plot anyone has ever -Hamid was descending into Bond-esque villainy,with "laughing while his enemies died" and "female spawn of the Devil" and basically being very full of you for the roller-coaster ride of my life!
130 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »