Reviews for Naruto: Captured
CosmicEssence chapter 25 . 6/22
Personally I'm not sure this could be done better, granted there are parts I'm not keen on (ever story has them!) whereas there are bits which I think are great. I am finding myself a little bored with this fic though now, and a little peeved that in order to understand the greater characters' stories I have to read another story though given the focus of this one I can sorta understand your reasoning. In the beginning, and up until um about the end of the 'Not-invasion' I was thoroughly hooked but lately its not been grabbing my attention as much, perhaps the 'next stage' needs to occur...we've seen them be taught more (swords and more kills mostly) and several missions (oh one criticism for you, Naruto's Kage Bunshin was something he was told to use only when necessary and not to spam them all the time, a few people know he can but Rooster (or indeed anyone else) made no query as to how many he could make, just seemingly assumed it'd be enough to fake a load of corpses), we've met Gaara (possible the first real point of interest in a while) and well 'moveing on now'?.
Earlier chapters though I greatly enjoyed. Naruto's development, Root, Kakashi, Asuma etc
my 2 guys chapter 11 . 6/16
my 2 guys chapter 10 . 6/15
Ciel Moony chapter 25 . 6/4
Nice!
Vortexswirl chapter 2 . 5/22
One word : overpowered
my 2 guys chapter 10 . 5/22
Axcel chapter 10 . 5/11
I wonder why canon ninja didn't use far more ninpo (well, what the manga calls it those Ninja Art techniques. They do things like walking through walls and other truly ninja-like stuff), shurikenjutsu, and those mind techniques and shadow techniques. Those last two are canonically not clan jutsu (though they are stated in factbooks to not be copiable by the Sharingan) contrary to popular belief. It's just that the Yamanaka and Nara clans have such immense skill at understanding the human mind (Yamanaka) or sheer brilliance (Nara) to use those techniques with a frighting level of skill.

That isn't even getting into the anime introducing a filler which had Kakashi use an eye technique (not a bloodline) he stole from the village of keys (in the land of locks, lol) that lets you take knowledge from someone's mind at a distance by looking at them without them even noticing. There are no words for how overpowered that is for a shinobi.

Really, if the Academy were to teach all that it does in canon but in a no-nonsense military academy style (or perhaps it'd be more comparable to Officer Candidate School), focusing more on ANBU-like mentality, they'd pass far more teams. Hell, get the teamwork exercises and drills done in the academy so the jounin-sensei can focus on molding their students into killing machines.

Oh, and need I point out the power of that stealthy sheet Naruto used in the first chapter/episode to escape his pursuers? While on the topic of E-ranked jutsu (which that is), there is a paralysis technique (E-ranked like the basic three jutsu) that is taught to all students (in addition to the cloak thing) that enables the user to paralyse the target so long as eye contact is maintained when the user has more chakra than the target. Given Naruto's reserves...yeeeeaaaah, and shadow clone to maintain it his place...
Axcel chapter 9 . 5/11
Silly Hirzuen, publicizing the fact that you had two academy students successfully complete an ANBU op while under the cover of failing the elite program would improve Konoha's reputation a little. Daimyo would be pleased to see it, not turned off.
my 2 guys chapter 7 . 5/11