Reviews for Believing in Heaven
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 4/29
Oh, man, what a brilliant, beautiful, bittersweet story, and it so perfectly fits how Ariel's life came very close to playing out. I guess I should be grateful to Flotsam and Jetsam, since this AU version feels sadder and more poignant to me than canon, since Eric was never able to learn anything of Ariel's past or who she really was, Ariel wasn't able to maintain relationships with her family and could never speak or sing as a human. That moment when Flounder washed up onshore really got to me.

P.S. Congrats! You have one of the most reviewed fics in this fandom, and I'll be sharing it at my forum.
EmeraldTyphoon47 chapter 1 . 1/10
Beautifully written. I never really considered how the contract didn't specify that Ariel would get her voice back had she succeeded. And overall, I'm impressed that Eric was such a loving husband even to a mute wife. I wonder if he'll take the letter and make the existence of mermaids official knowledge.
KathyMesser chapter 1 . 11/19/2020
I love this story. It is so beautifully written.
maembe13 chapter 1 . 10/15/2020
well done. poignant, sweet and just enough. thanks for this!
NarutoPlotBunnies chapter 1 . 9/18/2020
Sajsdhfalkslgdfaks I LOVE IT.
StarlingChild4 chapter 1 . 10/14/2019
This is so beautiful! A bittersweet yet touching AU... I'm not one who believes in heaven, but I hope it truly exists in this universe because now I'm imagining their souls joining once more and her voice singing to him... *sniffles* I'm not crying... YOU'RE CRYING ;_;
Gotaru chapter 1 . 8/11/2019
This is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it. :')
The Nameless One chapter 1 . 1/25/2018
It's so amazing. I want to cry and laugh the same time. This story is gorgeous. And there happened Jeremy Soule's melody "Wind guide you" to be playing at my headphones, so it added something... unknown but magical.

I love your story so much.

*runs to weep somewhere*
Madi.Vee chapter 1 . 7/6/2017
I'm a part of the little mermaid fandom and this was absolutely beautiful it actually brought tears to my eyes and my friend asked me what was wrong...then she read it and cried with me...thank you for writing this, logic does come in when it talked about the spell...but please if you add more to this please do...
Victoria Camrince chapter 1 . 2/26/2017
That last line broke my heartD and healed it again. This is amazing! and I love the way you interpreted the curse escape clause of Ariel not getting her voice back despite winning the bargain. A deal's a deal, I guess. And I foolishly read that part when Flounder washed up dead on the beach as him trying to go to land to see/speak with Ariel one last time
Monica Jasmine chapter 1 . 5/27/2016
An interesting take on what might've alternatively transpired. And the idea that Ariel's voice might not have returned even had she fulfilled the terms of the contract was an intriguing thought. This story was an engaging, bittersweet, and well-written composition. Thank you for the read.
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
Aw exllcent fic
Guest chapter 1 . 5/1/2015
Oh, you HAD to kill Flounder*cries*
SAK00 chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Very emotionally written ... great job! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
I like this ending better than the movie's end. )
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »