Reviews for Chance Encounter
EspirituDelMar chapter 1 . 7/4
O.O HE MET SHERLOCK HOLMES! God, it's so fitting... Layton and Sherlock would've been great friends, I'm sure
Annomynous chapter 1 . 5/29
This story is pretty much the only reason why I love FanFiction: it gives us awesome scenarios (Layton meeting Sherlock), and hilarious lines that we wish characters would actually say in canon ("Here, Luke. Have a cookie and please be distracted.").

Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Sh-sh-sh- Sherlock Holmes!
The professor and Holmes in the same room!
I love you so much... QvQ
RiddleMeThis15 chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
This is just perfection :D
Rose Blood Cat chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
"Here, Luke. Have a cookie and please be distracted."
XD Hilarious.
falconer54 chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
...he met Sherlock Holmes!
Endless Strategy Games chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
I'm glad to have found this piece again. I last read it a few years ago, and it happens to be the first fanfiction I've ever read. As an extremely nostalgic person, I simply had to hunt this down and thank you. This piece is a quaint idea, nothing more or less, but it seems to capture the Layton charm in the short time from start to end. If I had one complaint, it's that the discourse between Holmes and Layton seems rather abrupt at the start, switching from haberdashery to puzzles as if a few lines of transition were lost. And while it is in-character for Holmes to boast of his detective skills, Layton is normally rather bashful about admitting such a thing. That said, were every fanfiction as good as this one this website would be a far better place. I thank you for the pleasant introduction to fanfiction, though you tricked me into thinking the rest of the fanfiction would be better than it actually is.
E person chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
haha When Luke yelled "You met Sherlock Holmes?" I started laughing X) I love, love, love your stories and especially the way your write. It's unique... in a good way of course. And I love how you make Layton sound so... gentleman-ty.

~E
FullmetalFan870 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Favorite lines:

"...the Professor wished that the boy came with a volume control knob."

"Here, Luke. Have a cookie and please be distracted."

This was great! You, my friend, are an amazing writer.
wiz-witch in training chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Here's how great this is: my sister hates it when I read fanfiction to her. Yet one day, I was making kool-aid and she was driving me nuts. So, I said "take this kool-aid powder cup and be distracted" and laughed hysterically. I then told her that it was from a fic where Layton met Sherlock Holmes (then I said the "be distracted" thing again when she said that she never heard of him). I then read this to her, she enjoyed it, and the "Take a [insert thing here] and be distracted" has become one of our catchphrases.
WriterCat chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Professor Layton and Sherlock Holmes would be BEST FRIENDS! Crossover time! Except I'm too lazy...:P Well, there's a story idea for whoever wants it. "Here, Luke. Have a cookie and please be distracted." :D :D
Mari chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
That was EXCELLENT! It made my day. Right now I'm trying to draw a mini comic of the scenario. There's just one thing wrong with your story, though...shouldn't it be "Have a BISCUIT and be distracted?...

Hmm. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

xD
1Thunderfire chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
OMG! THE PROFESSOR MET SHERLOCK HOMES! But Layton is a far cooler character so there.
Dark Northern Lights chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
"Have a cookie and please be distracted."

XD You have truly made my night!
Reyold chapter 1 . 9/27/2010