Reviews for Chance Encounter
Monica Jasmine chapter 1 . 4/13
LOL. "Have a cookie and please be distracted." I suspected that's who the mysterious person was as soon as the pipe was mentioned, but Luke's reaction to the reveal was so funny. XD
Monica Jasmine chapter 1 . 4/13
LOL. "Have a cookie and please be distracted." I suspected that's who the mysterious person was as soon as the pipe was mentioned, but Luke's reaction to the reveal was so funny, as was his enthusiasm at the beginning of the story as well. XD
EspirituDelMar chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
O.O HE MET SHERLOCK HOLMES! God, it's so fitting... Layton and Sherlock would've been great friends, I'm sure
Annomynous chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
This story is pretty much the only reason why I love FanFiction: it gives us awesome scenarios (Layton meeting Sherlock), and hilarious lines that we wish characters would actually say in canon ("Here, Luke. Have a cookie and please be distracted.").

Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Sh-sh-sh- Sherlock Holmes!
The professor and Holmes in the same room!
I love you so much... QvQ
RiddleMeThis15 chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
This is just perfection :D
Rose Blood Cat chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
"Here, Luke. Have a cookie and please be distracted."
XD Hilarious.
falconer54 chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
...he met Sherlock Holmes!
Endless Strategy Games chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
I'm glad to have found this piece again. I last read it a few years ago, and it happens to be the first fanfiction I've ever read. As an extremely nostalgic person, I simply had to hunt this down and thank you. This piece is a quaint idea, nothing more or less, but it seems to capture the Layton charm in the short time from start to end. If I had one complaint, it's that the discourse between Holmes and Layton seems rather abrupt at the start, switching from haberdashery to puzzles as if a few lines of transition were lost. And while it is in-character for Holmes to boast of his detective skills, Layton is normally rather bashful about admitting such a thing. That said, were every fanfiction as good as this one this website would be a far better place. I thank you for the pleasant introduction to fanfiction, though you tricked me into thinking the rest of the fanfiction would be better than it actually is.
E person chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
haha When Luke yelled "You met Sherlock Holmes?" I started laughing X) I love, love, love your stories and especially the way your write. It's unique... in a good way of course. And I love how you make Layton sound so... gentleman-ty.

~E
FullmetalFan870 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Favorite lines:

"...the Professor wished that the boy came with a volume control knob."

"Here, Luke. Have a cookie and please be distracted."

This was great! You, my friend, are an amazing writer.
wiz-witch in training chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Here's how great this is: my sister hates it when I read fanfiction to her. Yet one day, I was making kool-aid and she was driving me nuts. So, I said "take this kool-aid powder cup and be distracted" and laughed hysterically. I then told her that it was from a fic where Layton met Sherlock Holmes (then I said the "be distracted" thing again when she said that she never heard of him). I then read this to her, she enjoyed it, and the "Take a [insert thing here] and be distracted" has become one of our catchphrases.
WriterCat chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Professor Layton and Sherlock Holmes would be BEST FRIENDS! Crossover time! Except I'm too lazy...:P Well, there's a story idea for whoever wants it. "Here, Luke. Have a cookie and please be distracted." :D :D
Mari chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
That was EXCELLENT! It made my day. Right now I'm trying to draw a mini comic of the scenario. There's just one thing wrong with your story, though...shouldn't it be "Have a BISCUIT and be distracted?...

Hmm. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

xD
1Thunderfire chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
OMG! THE PROFESSOR MET SHERLOCK HOMES! But Layton is a far cooler character so there.