Reviews for Gone With the World
charlie-becks chapter 16 . 3/2
I can't make my mind up whether this is genius or sadistic lol I loved reading it though, the writing is phenomenal! I've been browsing through your stories all day whilst i'm off ill so I really appreciated the distraction :D Your a fantastic writer!
StarryEyedReader chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
I love the descriptions! But couldn't you find some more plausible situation? I couldn't suspend my disbelief and ended up laughing... But I love your writing.
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 16 . 2/18/2011
Hokay. So, at first (you can probably guess) I was more than a little 'Meh' about the story line. I would read your disclaimer about suspending beliefs at the beginning of every chapter, and tell myself to at least read the whole thing before judging it.

After finishing the last chapter, I felt many different things. I'm an inherent H/W shipper, who thinks Chase is adorably cute, but had to get used to Foreman in this. I had trouble reconciling his anal, irritating character into your new world, but I could. The whole MPREG stigma abounds. Some authors hate it, some love it. I'm on the fence.

Medically, the only thing that bothered me was the timeline. It seemed a little premature for humanity to evolve in the span of only a few years. Despite that, you included enough medical explaination to make it feasable.

In the end, I'm left with questions (I was so sure House would be the one to birth the world's first post-apocalyptic female), and an urge to know more. I'm still not quite sure it I really like it, but I'm looking forward to a sequel, so you're doing something right.

Thanks for sharing this, and the copious amounts of thought and planning that went into it.
Mrpointyhorns chapter 16 . 10/9/2010
Okay, I just wanted to leave you another review since I really love this story! It's so unique. I think you keep the character in character for the most part. I also like how you explain the sack pregnancy but I am glad it didn't stay like that. Nature never assumes that a creature has the means to raise embroyic sacs. I kept thinking if House was still in the Rough area he'd birth a sacs and it would die surely, so that wasn't very good on making sure people survived into the next generation. So I was glad that the evolution continued. It is way believable that evolution wouldn't continue in this case. I wouldn't be surprised it if continues to length and the babies stay in the males longer maybe not all 9 months. After all pregnancy used to be longer for early man too, but then human's skulls became too big to pass through the birth canal so now every human is born premature already. I imagine that means we are supposed to be born with the capabilities that are similar to one of the great apes babies are born with. I couldn't imagine a nine month old baby being born out of the birth canal that you described that would probably kill the birth father too. One thing I didn't accept right away but I shook it off since was the no more girls being born. It wasn't that I couldn't accept that, but it was just the line about there being no more X chromosone. That confused me because males have an X chromosone so obviously there is but I could see the idea of a BE only being able to pass on the X chromosone and the browns only the Y. Which made me pout a little I really wanted some YY babies running around. I always wanted to write a original sci fi about a race of humanoids that either evolved to have YY people or always had them as far as they remember. I'd probably go with the former because the male in any species is actually and interesting genetic mutantion. There is not really a reason WHY males should have evolved when females could reproduce by cloning. It's a good thing that they did evolve because of genetic diversity but is pretty amazing that it happened at all. Which is why I was hoping that the babies would be a hybrid of all four males. The way you described the cloning process made it seem like it was possible for whatever to take stalk of all the DNA in the BE at one time and mix and match the DNA to create a stronger human. That still might happen if they are still evolving and I hope it does. Which reminds me I am glad that House and the other left the prison. Since evolution seems to be in control and they don't need wells to take care of the sacs anymore there really isn't reason to create that kind of a system. Human's were nearly killed off before, to about two thousand people before the migtation out of Africa, cheetahs and some other african animals also show signs of mass extinction. Cheetahs are pracitically all clones of each other. They're so bad off that the sperm from the cheetah swim in circles. Human's still had a big enough population that the genetic differences was enough. Since it sounds like there is more than two thousand men still alive (just in the americas) I was thinking it about probably around 5,000-10,000 there is enough genetic diversity that rebuilding the human population would just be a slow progression. It doesn't have to go from 10k to 7 billion in one generation. So I was happy to see that House didn't buy into that scare tactic. he's too smart for that. I'm going to read sequels now!
mr pointyhorns chapter 3 . 10/7/2010
I really like this storyline. It's very engaging and I love stories that are more than fluff. I noticed that you're not using possessives right. You keep making the owner plural and then using an apostrophe after the s. That incorrect. It should be pretty's or house's or chocolate's unless there is more than one person named pretty who both own the object if this is the case pretties' is okay. The apostrophe males the is sound so making the word plural is not needed
Skye Summers chapter 16 . 10/5/2010
That was... different. XD

Don't get me wrong: it was very good. You created a new world full of realistic horror and desperation. The unique plot was great. I've never seen anyone do an AU to this extreme with House, but you made it work.

None of the characters seemed much like how they used to be, but then again, the world is so radically different that it would be kind of weird if they were totally in character. The thing that struck me the most, though, was how they agreed to kill the babies. That seemed completely cruel and unnecessary.

One error really stuck out, though. "A man is all Lover can ever be so a man is all he can ever give birth to. No more X chromosomes exist in the human race." That's not true. A woman is XX, and a man is XY. So there are still X chromosomes. And there would be females born: ~25% of the offspring would be XX (female), ~25% would be YY (inviable), and ~50% would be XY (male).

The sex was a bit awkward. Maybe I'm just a prude, but it seemed to be rather excessive. And all the "f*** yeah, baby, f*** f*** f***, I'm going to get you so f***ing pregnant, f*** f*** f*** f*** f***" got kind of annoying.

Overall, though, the story was good. I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into it. Sorry if I focused on the negative aspects in this review; it's just that your story had me hooked, so I stayed up until 12:41 reading it, and I'm a bit drowsy and incoherent right now. XD

I hope you write the sequel, because this was a good read. )
Max Gat chapter 16 . 8/25/2010
Just read the entire thing, and just noticed that it's 01:38 in the morning over here. Last I checked it was almost midnight!

Anyway, I totally love the bloody arse off this story :) Excuse me while I go and read all of your other H/W stories.
Jeklnskinsgrl chapter 16 . 1/2/2010
I found this story after reading a HIMYM fic based on this one. To be honest, I didn't like this story when I started to read it. It just sounded too weird and out there and other words that escape me right now. But after two hours I found myself here at chapter 16, completly hooked. I cannot wait to read more. And the Star Trek ref, awesome.
EnsnaredSenses chapter 4 . 12/13/2009
OMG. I love your writing. Lol, chocolate is the perfect moniker for Foreman.
sundayrain26 chapter 12 . 8/24/2009
I think my brain just may have exploded at the mental image of Wilson and Chase kissing. o-o In a good way.

And, I feel necessary to point out that I'll probably be using these monikers in my head from now on. XD Hoping I can keep them in my head. I get the feeling I would get some weird looks if I called House 'Lover.' XD

So far, I'm in love with this story. Really well written. I was hooked from the first chapter. )
Hallow Eve chapter 15 . 8/21/2009
I forgot to put this in my other review so I'll put it here. I probably wouldn't have minded all the sex if they hadn't been all "f**k yeah baby" to each other. It was just a thought that I forgot to put into my other review because while I did enjoy the story I didn't much like this factor but I want you to know that while I didn't enjoy that aspect it didn't take away from the story or decrease my overall like for the tale. I hope somehow this makes sense to you.
Hallow Eve chapter 16 . 8/21/2009
Your story was so interesting it pulled me right in from the first chapter. However, because I'm not going to lie, I was pretty, reluctant? disgusted?, by all the threesomes and what not. I don't think House would ever do it with Foreman. Maybe Chase. Probably Wilson. I wish there had been more of a warning in the early chapters for that. But your story was so engrossing I was caught up in it anyway. I very much like how you allowed House's personality to shine in such a dark place.

I remember my favorite part was:

Chase: Yeah, you've certainly changed.

House: Bite me.

Chase: And you're the mature one.

I spent five minutes giggling over this, I swear.

And also:

House: we pretty much got naked and fucked like homo-bunnies.

I could definitely see House saying Homo-bunnies XD
xopollyxo307 chapter 16 . 7/15/2009
This story was the best story i have ever read. loved it XD
not breaking a pinkie promise chapter 16 . 4/20/2009
This an amazing story! You've created this so I wish so badly for them to make out okay. You've made me feel for them in a big way. Thanks so much for sharing!
Horcrexhexer chapter 9 . 1/27/2009
I like the stiry, it's unconventional and that keeps it ininteresting. But AB is not a rare blood type, he's a universal reciever. That means that any blood type, A, B, AB, or O, can be safely transfused into him. I think you were thinking of blood type O, which will only accept blood of the same kind. I know, suspend your disbelief. But this one thing just really kind of irked me. A disease that kills woman an blue eyes males? No problem. Men getting pregent? Okay! Mess up a blood type? My worl comes crashind dowm. Sorry. Great story so far!