Reviews for When I'm God, Everyone Dies
heredia chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Its cool and beautifull, its how things should be. Sephiroth finally reached his dream and freedom its good story
The Genesis Awards chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
I am extraordinarily pleased to inform you that your story, "When I'm God, Everyone Dies", has been nominated for The Genesis Awards Best Alternate Universe Category 2012 Season. The Genesis Awards exists to reward the authors of FFVII fanfiction that show a certain standard of grammar and formatting, relevance to canon and characterization. Your story was nominated by the user An Honest Mistake at The Genesis Awards forums. The nominations will be open until December 31 and the nominated stories will be assessed from January 1-February 15th, 2013 by preliminary readers. Further details will be present on The Genesis Awards website at a later date.

If you have any questions or comments, please visit our Fan Fiction Net Profile or The Genesis Awards forum.

Keveh Kins,

Recruitment Officer,

The Genesis Awards
Spartan Altego chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
A well written alternate ending, but the premise of your story is flawed and there are a few inconsistencies with canon.

Cloud wields First Tsurugi, not the Buster Sword. Sephiroth loses to Cloud not because Cloud was stronger, but due to the self proclaimed God's arrogance. Kadaji's body didn't limit his power; he was actually stronger than before due to his extended spiritual presence in the Lifestream.

So in short, the ending wasn't simple good triumphing over evil, it was, "The villain was an arrogant fool who should've shut up and and killed Cloud, but instead allowed himself to be Omnislashed to death once again."

NoLongerActive11111 chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Why hate? I am very much rejoicing. XD I loved every moment of it. *want more*!

Sephiroth should kick Cloud's ass. Every time. Plain and simple.

Yeap. That's the reality. As well as the *sigh* annoying good vs evil thing, whereat good wins no matter how weak and stupid that good is. I always wondered why it never occurred to anyone that the idea of teenagers saving the world is quite preposterous. None of them ever stood a chance against Seph, moreover, producers themselves pointed out countless of times that Sephiroth never used his full power (meh, now there is LOGIC). :D

They either should have created a different character instead of Sephiroth, or instead of Cloud. XD

Also, loved the part where you mentioned that Sephiroth wasn't a part of the Planet. Indeed, he never truly was. Just as Jenova wasn't. and couldn't be.

Loved this part as well - *Yes, and begin anew.* He certainly would have begun anew. :D

Thank you very much. I enjoyed it a lot. My opinion is the same on the matter. Sephiroth should have won, all this good/evil thing notwithstanding. He simply is such a character. XD

SherrySummer chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Sephiroth should kick Cloud's ass. Every time. Plain and simple.

Exactly! I was so disappointed with the ending of Advent Children. Thank you for writing this. You did full justice to the awesomeness that is Sephiroth. XD
MasterYodaOfYaoi chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
I absolutely loved it. I really never liked Cloud and I love how Sephiroth just sliced off his head. So cool! Two thumbs up!
Hollyhock-san chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
I liked this better than the Advent Children ending. To me, Sephiroth was just toying with Cloud. The moment he had him pin to the ground with Masamune through Cloud's shoulder, the fight should have ended.
spopococ chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
Well well, it seems you are INSANELY TALENTED. :D

I like the stories where Sephiroth wtfpwns Cloud. :D

Maybe it's the darker side of me, but I think that this was deliciously... evil. :)

I can just imagine a world where Cloud didn't win.

Epic. xD
Sarah chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Well written. Not quite well enough to incite emotions from me but i dont know if that was your aim anyway (making people shocked/sad over all the deaths) However it is a good strong portrayal of a dark evil Sephiroth. Your sentence structures and variety are solide and i enjoyed your use of layout to give emphasis and breaks where needed. I think if you wanted you could probably develop this style to create those heartbreakingly tragic stories that are so sad but so beutifully written. Lots of potential for evil characters there as well :)

But if you're wanting to stay with just this kind of short character portrayal/exploration scenes than you do these really well as well. One thing I noticed, last part:

"He walked over the body of Tifa Lockheart, and toward the edge of the roof of the building he was standing on"

hm at first i thought it would sound better with two different verbs for his movement over tifa and towards the edge of the roof. Now im thinking that its just the edge of the roof of the building bit. too many ofs makes its too long and you lose some of the drama and feeling behind the sentence and his lack of caring over all their deaths.

But putting her corpse in like that is really good, expresses the destruction and his lack of caring in a really sharp yert understated way.

Well done
CornCob chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Ah, wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!

"Sephiroth should kick Cloud's ass. Every time. Plain and simple"

My friend, I have never seen a truer statement. It miffs me to no end that Cloud was able to defeat Sephiroth so easily. I understand that it had to be done for the sake of the plot and whatever, but come ON! Cloud...not to be mean, but...Cloud kind of sucks. At everything. hahahaha

I loved this story, and the theme of "When I'm God, everyone dies" Very chilling, very Seph. Loved this, and I was trying too hard not to laugh when Cloud's head fell off.

It's about dang time, hahaha.
Spiritslayer chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Haha, NICE! Yeah, I've always thought that Sephiroth loses too easily, especially given his skill. This story was awesome, but I will say at this point that I was expecting Sephiroth to torture the hell out of Cloud before killing him.
Brianna Reald chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
THANK YOU! Finally, someone points out what I have been wondering for ages, how someone who didnt even make SOLDIER kill the greatest first class? Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this, I think it's well-written and the battle scene was well laid out. Not to mention the title is a neat attention-grabber. :D
Bite Me chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
A story where Cloud dies doesn't deserve any of anyones time... This was (i'm sorry) gay... Sephiroth is not amazing, he reminds me of a stupid cat. The fighting scene was good but when Cloud was beheaded it just went downhill very fast...