Reviews for Because I could not stop for Death
Hidden Relevance chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
OK definitely lighthearted but bittersweet and poignant all at once.. Death's personality was fantastic..and best of all, for some reason I kept hearing Alan Rickman in my head lol.
Aislinn chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I really despise deathfics. They make me sad... that said. This one was indeed a bit lighthearted and funny. Well done. I can really see Ezra doing that. LOL

Erin chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
I loved this story. Most deathfics make me cry but this one even made me smile. It seems like it was written to be a one-shot type story, but I'd love to see more chapters as Death has to come back for the rest of the Seven.
almathea chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
I do believe that is the best death I have ever read. I like Ezra's dignity and resolve at being dead. He was always my favorite.

Very nicely done. I enjoyed the unorthodox point of veiw. :)
Lilly42 chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
well done. Nice blend of fantasy and good use of alternative point of view. Srory moved forward well and Ezra was right in character. Thanks for writing.
macberly chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
I am crying and laughing at the same time! Only Ezra could get on Death's nerves so much! Gosh I love Ezra and I hate you for killing him but I love you for sending him out in such an Ezra-ish way! Now write me some happy Ezra! lol!

Thank you!
Winged Monkey chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
OMG! LMAO! You know, I'm sure that deathfics are not something most people laugh at, but I loved this one. It really had me cracking up for a large part of it. I love the POV you used. I don't think I've ever read a fanfiction like this before. Great job!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Interesting concept. Well thought out and well written.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Such a terrific fic and a lovely look at Ezra. He will do anything for the others and then deny that was his intention. Death isn't having a very good day but I think he will wind up with an assisstant for a very reasonable fee . Thank you for sharing this and I hope to see more of your work soon.
Judith chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
I really enjoyed this - very clever.
BM originally chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Okay, I usually run for the hills whenever I come across the words "death fic", but for some reason, I decided to skim this one-maybe it was because you called it lighthearted. Whatever the case, I have to say I found this hilarious! I was curious who you were going to have die, and the way you handled it was great! I about died laughing about the paperwork and how bureaucratic Olympus has gotten...

thanks so much for sharing this! You did a wonderful job and gave me a good chuckle or two!
Tharin chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
What a wonderful story. I enjoyed the unusual point of view, and the dry lines about annoying paperwork send me into laughing fits. I liked your use of greek mythology (which brought back memories about reading them a long time ago).

This story is going to my fav list.

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed your story!
J Schroeder chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
One typo:

“Perhaps you should hire a personal assistant,” Standish commented smoothly, his voice loosing all former emotion

Should be - "his voice LOSING all former emotion"

Still a good story. One I will come back to again.
J Schroeder chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
This is great - funny, yet serious. You caught Ezra's tone, and I love the paperwork problems - Death may wind up with Ez' assistance after all. Tiny caveat - the first 2/3, with Death griping, might be a tiny bit long. But funny.

Thanks for writing and please keep up the good work.