Reviews for Five Times Derek Lied
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Nice! I really liked all these lies that Derek has told. It's nice to see a more self-reflecting and emotional side to him that we don't see as often in the show. John and Derek's relationship is one of my favourite things to see. It's interesting that Derek lied about the 30th birthday thing and that he wasn't really friends with Connor, but he likes *this* John. It just made me go "aww" when I read that part.
Nyah chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
I liked this quite a lot. I liked seeing the thoroughly self-deprecating side of Derek since we all know he must be pretty cracked up inside. My favorite was the last lie and the one that I thought most likely to be true.
famous99 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Oh just full of awesome.

But she’s Derek’s type as well. Of all the lies, that’s the one he most hopes no one ever finds out.

I see this one happening and I'm sort of hoping something does happen...
darknessfolds22 chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
This is amazing! I am in love with it and added it to my .us!
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Oh! Me likey! Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
Alex Foster chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Very well done. Thank you for sharing.
medusaasaphoenix chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
me gusta.
connell chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Dude, I'm trying again, because ridonculous that it wouldn't take my earlier quotes, even though they read fine when I left them. *sigh*

"Derek just wanted to say something – anything – that might make someone remember him."

I love that, since the moment did seem kind of random and just a bit desperate.

"Every time Derek sees Cameron, he remembers – he already has brought metal down on John Connor. Just luck that Connor happened not to be in the bunker the day Derek did it."

Yep, *nods* Derek totally gave away the bunker. I find it hard to believe, considering he most likely thought Kyle was there, but there really isn't another explanation, is there?

Aw, Derek! Aw, Sayles!

"But the young John Connor – the one Derek was living with now – the young John Connor didn’t have Kyle, and so Derek lied and said they were friends."

I totally think that Kyle was a bone of contention between future John and Derek. All the time Derek lost with his brother after the machines got Kyle-just losing him in the first place, and having to hear all those "when I was in Century" stories.

Ha, and I love the comparison of Sarah to MamaReese.

Well done, dude, glad you jumped on the Terminator train!
Alana84 chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
I really liked this one-shot, you did good!

All of the lines were great and very well described and so was the entire one-shot, well written, that is!
Connell chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Yays, you're writing for Terminator!

I love that, since the moment did seem kind of random and just a bit desperate.

Aw, Derek! Aw, Sayles!

Ha, and I love the comparison of Sarah to MamaReese.

Well done, dude, glad you jumped on the Terminator train!
brandywine421 chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Still can't remember my login.

I really enjoyed this.

"In jail, hands shackled, knowing the T-8 would have him in a matter of days if not hours, knowing he had failed his mission once more, knowing that with Kyle gone, no one would remember the oldest Reese boy had ever lived, Derek just wanted to say something – anything – that might make someone remember him." Love this line, Derek's hard-edged but I think this is true, he wants someone to make a connection with considering the circumstances.

"Derek just hadn’t failed spectacularly enough yet. Every time he looks at Sarah Connor, he sees his own failure looking back at him." Great lines.

And I love the lie about Derek getting drunk with John but really he was just at the party. Great detail. Makes you really wonder how much John and Derek interacted in the future.

And love the last line.