Reviews for Choices
Lainy chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Wow, that was great! :-)
AllieMcD chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
i loved this fic it was heartbreaking, i love how sam realizes just how un-selfish dean has been all his life in caring for him and putting him first, man this was just an awesome fic!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Auugh, that song! Poor Sammy's dream does come true... a lot later though, huh? Great fic as always.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
That was a wonderful short story, I really enjoyed reading this one
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
"He had carried so much over the years so to imagine him as tired as Atlas having held the world up on his shoulders wasn’t hard to do."

I know I've said it before, but I love this analogy! It's so true, and so fitting for Dean.

"He found himself remembering his childhood and though a lot of the time, all he could muster were the complaints he’d make about what they hadn’t had; a full time father, a simpler, normal family life, a mother, he had found himself now remembering all the times Dean had given him so much of himself, his time, his own personal touch of normal."

I love this description as well. I don't blame Sam for wanting those things, but it is nice to see him recognizing that while he might not have had everything, Dean did his best, did everything he could to give Sam a good life.

"“It was awful, Dean. I couldn’t find you. I thought I had lost you,” Sam said, unable to control his hitch of tears, hiccupping as he said every word."

Such wonderful foreshadowing. :D

"Dean had chosen family in everything he had done."

This sums up Dean PERFECTLY.

"It hurt Sam to think that Dean would still think after all these years that his life was worth nothing more than being a vehicle to give Sam a chance at life, that it was worth less than Sam’s when Sam knew that it was Dean’s life that had kept him going."

Again, this is a perfect description. It really is ironic that Dean can't see his own worth, when he has done so much for his family, and particularly for Sam.

“Don’t let go, Dean! Don’t let go!” Sam cried, scared to death, pedaling his little bike down the street.

“I won’t until you’re ready, bud.”

“I’m not ready! I’m not ready! I’ll never be ready!”

I just realized that this is such a perfect analogy for how Sam feels. He never wants Dean to let go, always wants Dean with him, but Dean believes that Sam doesn't really need him, that he's fine on his own.

"“Yeh, simple for you. All you have to do is smile and girls fall at your feet.”"

And who could blame us? ;)

"“Mindy’s nice! Don’t talk about her like that!”"

I know I've said this before too, but that's so Sam, lol.

"He often wondered why Dean always took the hurt and never fought back. He had every right to."

*winces for Dean*

"“I just seem to get into trouble…to get you into trouble.”"

And we wouldn't have it any other way, lol. ;)

This is such a perfect lead in for Mystery Spot. *grin*

Incredible work as always! :)

alwaysateen chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Cool story.

I love every single one of the flashbacks! What an awesome bind these brothers have, very cool.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Huh. That caught me completely off-guard. I loved reading the flashbacks...all the things that Sam remembered.

Great little fic!