Reviews for The Fight of Her Life
spectre666 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Just rereading this and it struck me...why would KP be intimidated by a single female? Seems sort of OOC. Other than that, good story.

Spectre
LTAOZFAN chapter 2 . 10/28/2008
Yes, Ron would try to find Kim at all costs, and leave it to Rufus and Wade to provide support. Even though Ron is still unaware of what is going on, at this point Bengal is toast! He just doesn't know it yet.

Bengal doesn't seem to realize that his little plan to wear Kim out so he can defeat her is rather obvious, and will cost him the respect of anybody with a brain to think with. This guy is so hung up on his goal of victory that he can't see that it will mean nothing to anybody if he wins. And he won't! Kim is a worthy opponent, but Bengal is just pathetic.

So, Valkyrie is the niece of Monkey Fist's butler? And Mr. Bates had the sense to give his notice of resignation from Fist's service. Good man! Valkyrie is also a pretty good person, for she can see what sort of dishonor Bengal is heading into, and she knows that it is time to call a halt.

I think Ron is too gentle with Bengal in this, because the fool will just convince himself that he lost by a fluke and can take Ron in a rematch. Sadly, Bengal is going to try, and keep trying, until he is one, great, aching bruise. Perhaps if Ron had broken some of Bengal's bones he would have got the idea that Bengal vs. Stoppable is a real overmatch.

Still, it is nice to see how easily Ron handles Bengal, one solid punch and Bengal is OH! YOU! TEE! OUT! And Rick O'Shea is planning more dirty work, with Bengal to assist him. Some people never understand that they should Leave Well Enough Alone!

A good wind-up to this story, and a nice use of Rufus as well. You have a good sense of story, for you cut back and forth from Ron to Kim and then Ron, so we didn't have to read through a detailed description of all the characters Kim fought. I must get on to your next story soon, but I have to take some time to post Chapter Four of my own tale first.

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Well, this Bengal character is a type I've seen in fiction (and real life) before. He has to be Somebody Important, and doesn't mind getting there any old way at all. Tattooed like a tiger? That's stong evidence of a self-inflated ego. And he wants to fight and defeat Kim Possible, just because she's good at fighting, and it would make him look good.

There was a western film years ago starring Gregory Peck as a retired gunfighter who is challenged by a young fellow out to make a name for himself. Peck's character tries to talk the kid out of going down that road, but the kid just believes the old guy is afraid of him. In the end there's a shoot-out, and the kid wins, but before Peck's character dies he tells the kid that now it's the kid who will be facing all the young punks who want to outshoot him. Last line: "Welcome to Hell." Well, I'd say Bengal is half-way down that road himself, and if he's lucky he's going to get his tail kicked hard enough to make him wake up.

And yet, Bengal wouldn't fight Shego (Sheila Lipski) just because she's had a baby. Maybe Bengal isn't a total jerk after all.

Nice business between Kim, Joey and Sheila. It looks to me as if Kim and Sheila both consider the other a friend, but neither wants to come out and say so because it might give some people the wrong idea. (Friendship does NOT equal sexual attraction!)

The way Ron reacts to the news that Wade has Kim and himself fitted with tracking chips is good. And I like the way this story fills in Kim & Ron's private lives. Yes, James would be keeping an eye on things. Hopefully when Kim & Ron get married he'll accept the fact that a wife & husband are entitled to their privacy!

Good story, sir. I will get on with Part Two shortly.

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
Zaratan chapter 2 . 10/2/2008
Bengal is a coward. Cheating to capture Kim and then wearing her down with fight after fight. The guy is pathetic.

Bengal is so going to hurt now that Ron is there.

Looks like Rick is making his moves. New lair, new henchmen... looks like he will be trouble.
Zaratan chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Gotta love that, Kim babysitting for Shego. It's an interesting image all right.

Bengal sure didn't play very fair there.

He is so toast when Ron gets his hands on him. That is, if Kim leaves anything for him when he gets there.

Eagerly awaiting more!
Donteatacowman chapter 2 . 9/9/2008
"Bengal charged at Ron, who didn't move. At the last minute Ron stepped out of the way, extended his foot and tripped Bengal, sending him face first to the ground. Enraged, Bengal scramled to his feet and charged at Ron, only to wind up with Ron's fist in his nose. Bengal staggered back, his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he hit the ground like a puppet with cut strings."

That is one of the shortest yet best fight scenes I have ever read! XD

Ron's made an enemy, who's being employed by an old enemy... Don't leave us hanging for too long!
Kwebs chapter 2 . 9/8/2008
Great ending to this story waveform!

Kim lasted long enough for Ron to get there. Now Bengal is going to be working for O'Shea. I look forward to what you have up your sleeve next. Keep it up!
screaming phoenix chapter 2 . 9/8/2008
This Bengal has forgotten that to defeat a foe for honor and glory they must be at the top of their game, not exhausted, bruised, and injured. Victory without honor is meaningless.

Valkyrie knows full well the meaning of honor and why this is a pathetic attempt to gardener a shallow victory over a worthy foe

I like how you managed to include a little used minor character ‘Bates' in this story and Valkyrie's relationship to him. The frantic Ron, searching for his love, was done with style and right in character. The fully charged Ron coming to his lady’s defense and taking no prisoners with Bengal; right on how you have portrayed him through out both of your tales. The visit to the hospital where he comforts his lady and afterward when she is soothed by his presence at home; well done, well done indeed.

Rickey boy is gathering some friends to help him go against Team Possible huh? He needs to do better than what he has now to do anything serious to Kim and Ron.
Sentinel103 chapter 2 . 9/8/2008
Well Ron has his Kim back, that's good to here. So, our man Bengal is going to work with little O'Shea huh? I'll bet he's going to have another kidnapping attempt with Kim to draw Ron out. He still doesn't understand and neither does junior, ego is overrated.

Thanks,

Villian?

Opertunity?

We shall see.

Snort. One Punch. Boyahahaha

Wonder if any other old villians will be joining the fry.

The Seniors, Including Bon-Bon's debut as a villian?

I can see O'shea going to find Monty (Along with DNAmy)

Gill a must.

Maybe even the D-Hall boys.

The Possibilites are endless. Well, OK, not endless, but a subtancial amount.

Still haven't done the confrontation with Kim-Wade/Ron on the Chip.

Can see Kim using the Christmas fear as her excuse, but she really doesn't have a good one for not telling him, fear or not.

And Wade in deep DU DU. (And I don't mean Willy boy)

Look forward to The one that got away, coming to an Internet near you.

Ja ne

Jim
CajunBear73 chapter 2 . 9/7/2008
Bengal got schooled alright, and he's getting teamed up with another overblown ego with a bone to pick with Ron. Hope Ron and Kim don't get too badly ambushed when they strike at them.

But otherwise, Kim and Ron are now getting so much closer as time passes with them. Glad James isn't pestering them anymore.

CB73
Shrike176 chapter 2 . 9/7/2008
Interesting story, shorter than I was expecting. You're definitely bringing in some interesting villains, curious to see what Rick's plan is.
Michael Howard chapter 2 . 9/7/2008
Nice conclusion to this story. And it's quite a rogue's gallery you are putting together here. Looking forward to what comes next.
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Quite the sitch Kim was drawn into by this ego-driven maniac. Hope Ron can get a line on where she is to interrupt this little battle of Bengal and Kim.

Kim needs to keep her wits and life intact with this one.

CB73
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Didn't take you long to jump headlong back into the writing groove, eh?

Good job so far.