Reviews for Their happy ending
Lullamasen chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
It's the first pirate of caraibean's fic I read and it's great even if I don't understand Calypso's word.
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
This was terribly and tragically cute! I want to sigh and read it again. I love the way guys look with their hand on a pregnant woman's belly, feeling the baby. I think you captured this moment intimately.

Seeing Will's sacrificial love for Elizabeth really came out strong made me happy-I'm a die hard Wil and Elizabeth only sort of person. His confusion and hurt upon returning to Port Royale and finding his wife pregnant are both justifiable and believable.

Calypso's dialogue was well done. I enjoyed hearing her distinctive voice...and seeing that she did have a touch of compassion for Will and his love. "Love without suspicions in not true love." Will's interactions with her, described as tired and resigned, are so well put. And talking about a magic even stronger than what she can do when referring to the unborn baby is so powerful-I don't know if you're a Harry Potter fan, but this is so reminiscent of Dumbledore's talks about the triumph of love over all other forms of magic.

The only thing I can suggest is to re-evaluate the change of POV from Will to Elizabeth. We do need to see what has been happening with her, but it happened so abruptly, and with the 6 months of time change, that I was confused all the way until the end of the piece where Calypso explains it all (but I've been studying for exams, and this might explain my confusion). Ask yourself if there is a way to make this transition any easier. But I wouldn't sacrifice the suspense and doubt the reader feels, not knowing if Elizabeth has moved on or not. This anguished tension is the driving force of your work!

I loved the abrupt pulling out at the ending, as we pan away from Will and Elizabeth to hear the guests murmuring amongst themselves. This gave the piece a neat, cinematographic exit.

Lasgalendil
GlamPiano chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
:) great job!
buffycorvin chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
i love it i wish it wasnt a one shot