Reviews for The Eagles are Coming
Guest chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Why did you have to make me cry? WHY?

Heart-wrenchingly sad, yet strangely beautiful.
Bushwah chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Ten-year-old Aragorn was so sad. The rest of it was dark, passionate, fleeting? Even though I'm a native speaker, I can't seem to find the words. Tolkienesque comes to mind.
Petrichora chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Now I'll need to read one of your lighter stories: I feel completely and utterly depressed after reading this one. Poor Elrond, not to mention Thranduil! And I'm not sure who broke my heart more: Legolas, Elladan and Elrohir, or Aragorn/Estel. :(

You write darkness very well. It's true: such a series of seemingly small, insignificant events had to come together for Bilbo to find the Ring; when you think about it, it's not entirely unfeasible that similar events would cause him to lose it. I loved the contrast from beginning to end in this story: how a shout of hope that causes the heart to race can be reduced to a cry of despair that causes it to break in less than 1,500 words speaks to your skill as an author. Brilliant work, as usual.
Imperial Dragon chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
A bittersweet story of what could have been.
Reading Ella chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Amazing! I am constantly searching for new takes on things and unique stories. You have made one. The ring fell off. That is just like it's personality. Fall of at the worst possible moment. I love dark depressing stories.
CC.V.RG chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
*sniffle* this is just WAY too depressing...but my sick, twisted mind completely loved it! Oh god, im such a masochist! O_o poor erestor...poor glorfindel, and elrond, thranduil, the twins, legolas, lindir...gandalf, cirdan, radagast, bilbo...the list goes on and on! _ you have done the impossible, Thundera...you killed off almost every single character in this story within 1500 words! And for that, no matter how depressing, i commend you! -_-

On a slightly lighter note (though not by much), the beginning of this story did make me think...during the battle of the five armies...Middle Earth was EXTREMELY lucky that Bilbo managed to keep the Ring with him. 'Cause if he hadnt, and it fell off or was stolen from his unconscious body...that would've been it. Everyone. Dead. Sauron and Morgoth would have won. And so, i believe this story provided a good, "what if?" scenario. and i think you just made me appreciate my favorite Elves a little bit more!

...ps. And another note:

WAHHHHHH! YOU KILLED OFF THRANDUIL AND ELROND...*sobs*

Ok, im done now. :/
Vanwa Lullaby chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Brilliant!
Shipwright's Trick chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
You have depressed me...once again. Grr. I'd threaten not to ever read you again, because I invariably stumble upon your depressing stories, but I will, never fear. I'd also add a smiley face, but I'm definitely not in the mood for it.

But I did like Erestor. With a spear.

And I DO NOT want a sequel. This was sad enough, thank you.
daisymall13 chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Wow...this was...wow

I would love to see this made into a longer story, it would be amazing!
Star in Ruin chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
That was brilliant! I wish I could manage a decent review for you, but that story leaves me breathless and incoherent every time.

You have a way with words; you expressed so many thoughts, emotions, events in such a little space. Funny how the smallest thing could change the course of the world so drastically.

It seems only right (in the wrong sense, of course) that all the great leaders of the Elves would be gone at this point, all the kingdoms turned to ash, symbolizing the oncoming end. If the mightiest have fallen, after all, how do the rest even have a chance?

It kills me to see that Aragorn is only ten years of age, he doesn't even have a chance :( And you have twisted something as hopeful as the Eagles, once the symbol for almost certain victory, into the devastating end, leaving us absolutely hopeless.

Sauron regaining the Ring is perhaps one of the most common AUs out there, but this is the most masterfully written that I have come across. Kudos and happy writing :)
Larner chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
A terrible might-have-been, now that the Ring has gone back to Its Master! Ah-the horror of it!
Earendilion chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Bitterly beautiful - and beautifully written. The addition of Estel at only 10 was particularly potent, and particularly cutting. It took my breath away. Elrond's part, too - the concept of leaving Imladris to hide Vilya was intriguing. Wonderful and creative twist to an original idea. I applaud you.

- Earendilion
ilysia chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
This story- it is beautiful and heart-wrenching. And it is so very compelling. You've written it so very well: I can feel the darkness and the mist closing in about me. As a 'what-if' tale it's very powerful, because things could have so easily been this way, had but one thing been changed. There's so much darkness here, the end of all things, really, and the fall of the last darkness and yet, despite all of that (or perhaps because of it) it's so tragically beautiful. Bravo.
Littlefish chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Whew! This story certainly is dark, but masterfully written all the same. I loved the glimpse of our beloved characters in another time and place, faced with what could have been. Well done yet again.
smiles chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
clever contrast. hope and despair both signified by the same sentence.