Reviews for The Eagles are Coming
lady angst chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Well, that was very dark, very AU, and very wonderful.

I'm rather sad it was a one-shot though.
bethellie chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Oh, what a dark way to go. Still so interesting and as always beautiful to read.
elvensecret chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
it always fascinates me how one little thing can change history (whether it's real history or not!). excellent as usual! but very sad! poor elves! but it was very well-written and i liked the fact that you told it through Erestor's point of view. the last few lines were the perfect ending. great job!
CompleteSolitude chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow! I'm utterly speechless. This truly defines tragic in every sense of the word.
Arandil chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Well, that was... depressing. Well written, but depressing. Stupid Valar. Stupid, useless Valar.

I liked the line "choking the music of river and falls." I always like musical references about nature, especially in non-Silm fic, because it is a subtle shout-out to the Silm and gives the piece a "real M-E" feel to it. (Not that your stuff needs any help with that - you know I'm a huge fan).

My only nitpick (other than a fangurlish wail about the gratuitous death of my pretty-boy elfking and maiming of his son) is that I wanted it to go on longer. You know, you ended right at the part where ALL HELL could have broken loose. The possibilities are endless. I mean, you're AU here - all kinds of people could have broken out of Mandos (or the Void) if it truly is the end of all things, which is how I read it. Oh well. Not really a nitpick so much as a wish to read more. But I guess all things must end.
CAH chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
How sad. I do like that we get to see it through Erestor's eyes though. A different take for sure.

And poor Legolas, Elladan and Elrohir. There was truly no hope left, not even with Estel.
36 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3