Reviews for The Eagles are Coming
Aldalena chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
:D Wow, another story from you already!

And such a tragic and frightening story it is...

The first time the eagles arrived was joyful, but the second time marked the end of...oh, it's too horrible a thought...! T_T

Thranduil and Elrond dead, and I'm assuming the Lorien Elves including Celeborn and Galadriel as well... Legolas and Gimli would never meet and become close friends and sail across the sea together, Estel would never become a king...Middle-Earth would be overrun with Orcs and all sorts of nasty creatures... *Sobs* I'm so grateful this isn't canon...

And now I must go to bed... *Sniff* After I read another more cheerful fanfic perhaps, or I'll have nightmares over this one... T_T it was excellent, however! Your stories are always so wonderfully well-written!

I apologize if I wasn't making sense, it's quite late here...or should I say very, very early? _
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
*whispers reverently* She wrote Erestor... O.o.

Wow, this is incredible. Dark, gloomy, downright depressing, but brilliant. I LOVE the parts from Erestor's POV. I think you captured exactly what would have happened had Bilbo indeed lost the ring in that moment. Excellent what if scenario.

And did I mention how awed I am that you wrote Erestor? ERESTOR! Eru, I love that elf, and now I have a mental image of him with a spear... *fans face* :) I'm going to go read it again now.

Thank you for sharing!
lady angst chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Well, that was very dark, very AU, and very wonderful.

I'm rather sad it was a one-shot though.
bethellie chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Oh, what a dark way to go. Still so interesting and as always beautiful to read.
elvensecret chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
it always fascinates me how one little thing can change history (whether it's real history or not!). excellent as usual! but very sad! poor elves! but it was very well-written and i liked the fact that you told it through Erestor's point of view. the last few lines were the perfect ending. great job!
CompleteSolitude chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow! I'm utterly speechless. This truly defines tragic in every sense of the word.
Arandil chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Well, that was... depressing. Well written, but depressing. Stupid Valar. Stupid, useless Valar.

I liked the line "choking the music of river and falls." I always like musical references about nature, especially in non-Silm fic, because it is a subtle shout-out to the Silm and gives the piece a "real M-E" feel to it. (Not that your stuff needs any help with that - you know I'm a huge fan).

My only nitpick (other than a fangurlish wail about the gratuitous death of my pretty-boy elfking and maiming of his son) is that I wanted it to go on longer. You know, you ended right at the part where ALL HELL could have broken loose. The possibilities are endless. I mean, you're AU here - all kinds of people could have broken out of Mandos (or the Void) if it truly is the end of all things, which is how I read it. Oh well. Not really a nitpick so much as a wish to read more. But I guess all things must end.
CAH chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
How sad. I do like that we get to see it through Erestor's eyes though. A different take for sure.

And poor Legolas, Elladan and Elrohir. There was truly no hope left, not even with Estel.
38 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3