Reviews for Five Years
CadyD chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Amazingly horrid. I swear; That's all I can say to describe this brilliant piece of work. In the best way, it's somehow able to be both horrific and noble at the same time. I love it.

The second to the last line gave me chills: "Now there's only Todd's face in the mirror. And Todd can get to the water before it's run out, and Todd can stand beneath the lash and not scream, and Todd can be alone. Because he just doesn't care. A new beginning that's easier and harder." It's so scarily true, and a little sad at the same time.

"Unshakable apathy. To the sound of the drums." ~ I love that just as much. Unshakable apathy is a good way to pinpoint Sweeney Todd's demeanor. There's no doubt about it. He's "unwaveringly apathetic", as something I once wrote goes, which was quite close to that in my own story. It's a great way to look at things when in the point of view of the barber. It really is.

Wonderful job on this. As I said: It's scary and sad, both serving at the same time. Stories like that make you think. I'm definitely favoriting this.
yesiac chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I read this with something of an O_O face. because that is how heartrendingly intense this is. I love it to pieces but I am slightly afraid of it. it's stunning, it really is-your diction and language use in general. all the repetition and the parallelism...sigh. it's gorgeous, while the pain and suffering of it just breaks my heart. the transition of Benjamin to Todd is very smoothly done. expect more reviews from me in the future!
Snezhinka chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Awesome! I know this was done a while ago but I just had to review it :-)

I love the way you show the transition in his thoughts, and the transition in character. Also how you show Benjamin is still there - sort of. Great work!
nomorehere chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
I've always tried to write down what I imagined might have happened in those hell years, but I was never satisfied with what I came up with. Now, this, I love this! The comparison between Benjamin and Sweeney is excellent. One can, the other can't. Basic survival. *delicious shudder*
Patchworkcrows chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Beautiful. So poetic and just how I'd imagine Benjy and Sweeney's cross. Loved it.
forgetcanon chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Ooh! Shiny! :D

It's... AMAZING! *giggles* Alright, I admit, I didn't read this when I decided to stalk all the stories on your profiles that I know the category of, because... There's just so many like it, but... Yours puts a new twist on it! It's... Amazing! :D

-Sansatsu-chan (ThreeBooks-chan)
xblackxtearsxofxlovexandxkatex chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
Wow! I like this! I think this is really seriously good. It really is realistic, how I imagined that it was like while he was imprisoned and going mad!

Ah-m-a-frikin-zing!
Falling Stardust chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
Yeah...That's a really creepy story. I like it. this is a good style for some people, but if you don't like it, write things a different way.
DarkIllusions chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Wow. That was...powerful. Excellent job. I liked how you basically made Todd a blockage for Benji against all the punishment given to him/them when he/they were in prison. Sorry if that got confusing.