Reviews for Shadows of the Night
ahsie chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Ne Kage.
I have this really huge stupid looking grin on my face right now.

Who'd have known that you could wax such an edged 'thriller romance' eh? XD Hehehehehehehe The manner in which you would recite the Shakespearean lines echoes in my head when I'm reading this. It's so deep and melancholic around the beginning - such contemplative-ness. And all the 'shadows' talk.

Phew, I feel a bit rest assured (A BIT) now that I've read this. At least I know that I'm not the only one who went a bit 'intense?' during their first fanfiction :D
Ah, and that's why I've read this one first (instead of Itachiiiiiiis! Saving it for later), coz actually, I like reading works from authors in chronological order going from bottom up.

Anyway, I'm impressed with this one. More so that then Hana-Itachi staring incident one. I don't know if it was your intention. But. During that part where Temari started crying, and the whole "Subtly inching his hand out from its pocket, he maneuvered it behind her back, leaning towards her."-part. I really really thought Shika was gonna KILL HER ! GAAAAH! Was on the edge of my seat! I kept thinking, why why why oi Shika you stupid?! I mean, the poor girl - the poor NINJA girl - went all out and showed emotion infront of you! The least you could do was act like a decent human being!

and he did. :) Gentleman he is. Like a Sir! XD Was pleasantly surprised that no one had to die in the end

Kage kage, you are sooo misleading huh Good job at that! I like twists :) and being pleasantly surprised. and now...

I have to rush off to work! Hahahhahahah catch ya later
smonkey chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Awwww. That was sooo good. I can't believe this is your first story. I knew Shikamaru wouldn't stab Temari. I just knew it, but you did a really good job because I kept questioning whether he would actually go through with it or not just like Shikamaru was debating with himself whether he should do it or not.

Very well done.

I hope to read more of your stories. I'll try to read whenever I have some free time but please don't expect too much because currently I have 2 weeks to finish AP English homeword before school starts up and, yea I'm kind of behind. I'll always leave a review if I do read stories though so don't fret about that.

Keep writing! :D

3 Smonkey
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
This is the epitome perfection of ShikaTema. I love their characterization, the way you led us on, her reaction- gah, there's a lot to like here!

I lived the inner arguments, with the analytical killing machine fighting against that spark of humanity that all shinobi have. The way you tricked us into thinking he would kill her wa amazing- I was like, "Shika you idiot!"

This is the epitome of sappy romance- and usually, I avoid it and can only tolerate boisterous people involved like in NaruHina or Iruka Anko, but this is now added to the list. WOnderful, wonderful job!
Sincynati chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Somehow, beautifully, you transformed a story that seemed to be made of confusion into something beautiful. You have completely mastered the art of agonizing your readers, having them waiting at the edge of their seat for what your characters decide to do. When Temari felt his contact, I literally (no lie) gasped.

Both were weirdly in-character for a story like this- I don't think I've read any other like this that has had Temari in tears and in character. Very, very hard to master, and I think you did.

Shikamaru's thoughts arguing against each other were tormenting. They where done so well, with the analytical shinobi side of him fighting against the human part of him. It completely captivated me, like any good fiction should do.

Temari's was easily as good.

I like how they both have a lot of thought to themselves and KEEP to their own character. Lot's of authors you'll find have the same way of speech and thought throughout their work, no matter what character is speaking. Yours was not so.

Only one suggestion:

{'I'm a mess'; she finished in the slightest of whispers.}

A) Shouldn't it be "'...mess;'", with the punctuation mark inside the quotation? With /maybe/ an ',' instead of ';' (though ';' seems to work fine, just curiosity killed the cat ;)

Just whatever works for you, it just captured my attention xD It would only be required if I hacked into your account and threatened to ... do something. haha.

{'Damn it, Nara! You made it too easy.'}

LOL! I seriously laughed out loud. xD

Very good, I loved it. :)

Keep writing!

-Sincynati
StarHMH chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
I love this story!

Grtz
chubbyass chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
hey, yo, pretty good! i would just like (as a suggestion for your subsequent fan fics) for you to show us the personality of each character a little more. it might help us dive into the full personality of each character, understand on what basis this relationship lies. But i liked shika's battle with himself a lot. haha, very deep ending!
Rix94 chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Aw sweet shikatema 4ever!

ant w8 to read the rest!

btw: i luv ur description at the beginning
hydroknight01 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
A well-rounded story here. Close to cliche in some places, but hell, that just adds to its charm.

I really liked the way Shikamaru got so paranoid about what Temari was going to do; refreshing to see that even Konoha's tactical genius can get a little rattled.

The vagueness of what they were doing was genius; will they kill or kiss? Choices, choices... A very cool effect, right there.

And of course, a beautiful closing. In retrospect, I leads perfectly into the Shika/Tema pieces that you followed with.

Best of luck future fics!

hydroknight01
maravelous chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Oh wow, amazing! :O

You have such a...how can I say this...DIFFERENT form of writing. It's good different, though! Amazing! It's a very, warm, cozy, proffessional way that you can somehow turn very suspensful. It's great!

Keep up the good work, I'm definitely going to read more of your stories!

(PS: ShikaTema FTW! ;D)
Erendhyl chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
I think you did a very good job of capturing the way that Shikamaru and Temari would respond to the situation of being in love for the first time. Teehee, Shikamaru turning into a "troublesome woman." (Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.)

I am wondering though, why were all spoken lines in only single quotes? ('Blah' instead of "Blah".) Was there a particular reason for that, or was it just random?

You did a good job coming up with this scenario. To me, writing ShikaTema is HARD. Because, while the manga has plenty of basis for them to develop a relationship, I just can't think of a believable scenario for them to admit it. Yours was very believable though, and well written.

Happy holidays!
Amano chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
love the plot andthe setting was perfect keep it up
etim chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
good story but I need to reread it keep on doin what u doin
laurelsblue chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Just returning the favour. Your characterizations of them are very good. I like the way you portray their uncertainties about love.
Laladadedo chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Hello Love, I absolutely adored this piece. Your writing style is freshly unique and without a doubt beautifully crafted. Forgive me for visiting you so late, work and school has definately had a toll on me. Moreover, I am glad I got to read this story, the ending brought a smile to my face. "And even if I can’t believe in love yet, I believe in you, Nara." Brilliant! I loved that line. Thank you for a wonderful one-shot. :)
Lynn Acissej chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Amazing what feelings words can create from within. It just felt right in a way. Temari is one of those people that would usually need convincing with love because she's been deprived of it by so many including the ones she did love. Shikamaru on the other hand, was also excellent at portraying his doubts, fears, and emotions of her and only her to muddle all other thoughts. What an overwhelming feeling he must have felt to realize he had been harsh to her. This has really absorbed me and inspired me. Sorry for rambling!