Reviews for Stormfront
charmony chapter 34 . 8/9/2012
Okay, I admit that the first time reading this story, I just sat and read the very first chapter through a couple of times, cause I was certain I must have been reading it wrong...there was no way Marcus would have killed Mal. This time around, reading it just for the sake of enjoying the story, it was just amazing to me again how tricksy your mind is.

Then there was that bit with leaving the children on Harvest and knowing Bluesun was coming for them and I was thinking, 'just breathe; you know everything will be shiny'. But I admit it was difficult for me cause I couldn't quite remember how it came to be shiny again. But then it was and I breathed a sigh of relief, even as I laughed at Adam ordering Anya to help him get Daniel and Hannah packed up.

But once the rescue had occurred, I admit that I had forgotten what had happened for the rest of the story and I just sat there on the edge of my seat hoping that everyone would be alright. But as you always do so beautifully, you brought it all around to a happy ending. I loved Marcus proposing to Elizabeth, and the bits at the end where the adults reunite with their children were just precious. Another wonderful epic indeed!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 34 . 3/30/2012
Regarding the last story, the twist with the ‘Hit or Miss’ crew accidentally committing a crime against the ‘Serenity’ crew was simple, but there was something slightly amusing about the way they resolved it while also getting one over on Patience, and the addition of the developing relationship between Marcus and Elizabeth was also rather effective.

However, it’s definitely in this story that everything really shines, beginning with a dramatic ‘flash-forward’ and progressing in a highly engaging manner from there, as the Alliance’s political and social situation becomes increasingly obvious to the crew as Jim is forced to ‘report for duty’ and the strange unconsciousness happens; even without Mal suddenly being doubled, ‘Serenity-Mal’s unusual behaviour (The Mal left for the rest of the crew) is enough to make it clear that something’s going on even if it’s so well-hidden River can’t sense it at first.

The Alliance’s decision to use Jim’s ‘recall’ as the catalyst for Serenity-Mal’s actions certainly worked, even if their ‘programming’ was clearly flawed given how impulsively Serenity-Mal was acting; even if he’s not always a tactical genius, Mal would always take on suggestions from his crew (And that’s before I factor in how he dealt with some of the other problems; as with other cases, even if they can duplicate memory, the lack of FEELING will always distinguish the two).

Subsequent events as the ‘Hit or Miss’ and ‘Serenity’ each managed to determine what was wrong with their friend and captain respectively were very well-handled- the brief scene with Anya’s crush on Pierre was a nice moment of innocence amid the chaos and difficulty of the rest of the events taking place-, and Mal and Murdocke’s part in the subsequent escape was an excellent example of the Alliance’s inability to see the trees for the forest, focusing on the broader picture that they neglected the minor details (Although it might have been better if you’d specified what their opponent was wearing when Mal and Murdocke found him).

The subsequent war was also well-described, each more making tactical sense while also exploiting the crew’s need to hit the Alliance hard and fast, and the subsequent war, while briefly described, still managed to create a very dramatic picture of the new conflict, with the Independents possessing the advantage thanks to their first attacks being more coordinated than in the previous war, to say nothing of the Alliance’s still-lacking resources.

A part of me’s a bit surprised that Mal isn’t even peripherally attached to the new government as an ‘advisor’ or something- remind them what they came together to accomplish by serving as an outside influence, you know-, but in general the conclusion seems to cover all the loose ends, clearly explaining how the new government differs from the Alliance that preceded it while taking a pleasant look at how the family of ‘Serenity’ comes together again at last.

All in all, an excellent bit of work; keep it up!
trevorami chapter 34 . 6/13/2010
Hello, muly name is Trevor, and I am a fan of the firefly series. That being said, I must say that your storyline is one of my favorites. I have read all of the previous works leading up so far in your 'verse, but I do feel guilty for not reviewing them. So here is my feeble attempt to right my wrongs. This particular story i found to be simply amazing. It kept me on my seat through the whole story. I feel as if it remains true to the mood and tendencies of the origional show.

As for you, the writer, I am captivated by your work. I find that once I start a new story, I have trouble setting it down. Your stories have brought me joy and entertainment, and for that I thank you. You are certainly blessed with a way of written words. Thank you for your stories.
Whyt Wulf chapter 34 . 7/26/2009
Wait, you mean it's over? I know I've been gone for a while, but I noticed another author alert for you in my inbox. I hope it's the beginning of another long, drawn out, wonderful story arc!

Bravo, once more, for the amazing follow-on to Joss's jewel. All the characters were well-written and reacted to the situations you put them in as I imagine Joss would have chosen them to.
jvan 5 chapter 34 . 11/16/2008
just writting to convey my deep appreciation for your work. i stumbled onto your stuff six days ago and have spent every evening since then navigating my way though your universe. and i have to say- it was worth the wait.

the chracteizations were spot on, the development of the mal/river pairing was done without the angst and teeny drama that i have accounted previously, the side stories are all engaging and true to form, and the introduction of side characters is done seemlessly.

kudos to you (and midight obsidian) for a brilliant job! and good luck in future prospects- hopefully you will put a note on your author page when you finish your independant work, so that your fans can follow up?
Fififelicity chapter 34 . 10/21/2008
Oh I love your stories so much, this arc has been wonderful from start to finish. You got plans for any more stories? You are a brilliant writer so I'll cry if not!
CanadianAbby chapter 34 . 10/15/2008
Wow, I can't believe the story arc is finished. That was a terrific note to end it on. I can still feel the hope you instilled in the last paragraphs. I felt a connection with your characters from start to finish. It's been one amazing ride reading your story and while I'm sad it's over and you're taking a break, I'm very glad I clicked on that link months ago. If you do decide to write again, I will happily be reading :)
librarywitch chapter 34 . 10/13/2008
WAH! That was so good. Thanks for such a good story and I am so looking forward to the next intstallment of our favorite crews (you started it, now there are two!) stories. Great Work!
Stardust0808 chapter 34 . 10/12/2008
I applaud you for your dedication and hard work in producing a story that is amazingly well-written and just plain awsome. I read your message in your profile, and though I am a bit saddened to see you leave writing for Firefly, I am glad that you have still considered writing. I wish you well on your endeavor and never give up. It was honor to read your story-line and happy writing.

-DragonPhoenix87
Serenity Hope chapter 34 . 10/11/2008
Shiny, just plain shiny!
MAndrews chapter 34 . 10/11/2008
You're amazing.

MidnightObsidian is amazing.

The story is amazing.

Enjoyed every minute of it even as I went completely insane. The mark of true writing talent.
bladefax chapter 34 . 10/11/2008
Nice ending to a great story...can't wait to see what you come up with next!
azarathangel chapter 34 . 10/11/2008
aah, what a perfect ending. every bit of this story was AMAZING and i have thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. you write so very very well and all these ideas of yours are top notch. have i ever mentioned that i sometimes think to myself "i want to go watch (insert story arc here)" before remembering it was a written story and not an episode of firefly? and i can see how being a mal personality gives you the mal perspective haha. i always end up river, so you can see how i always want more of her since she's my favorite haha. hope to see more from you in the near future! as always, ash
Aussie73 chapter 34 . 10/11/2008
What a marvellous way to end this fab series. Some authors (whether fanfic or not) don't seem to know when to quit, but I think you got this just right. I loved how you left things up in the air about whether there were any further clones and how the new governments would operate.

Your writing of the characters seemed to fit with how they were portrayed in the series and the BDM - just regular people (in that 'verse, anyway!), living their lives, marriage, babies, even Simon's addiction seemed to fit. He's such a perfectionist; he'd do anything to keep going!

I also liked that you didn't demonise all the Alliance folks - I liked the lawyer who helped Mal when he was in Alliance custody many stories back, and even the Operative grew on me.

I also enjoyed the characters you created yourself ... along with the mad crew of the Hit and Miss. And Anya's crush on Pierre was just precious!

I'm sorry to see this series come to an end, but it's good that you've ended it where you did. Some stories/shows can wear out their welcome, but yours didn't for me. I wouldn't mind some more one-shots though! [Hint, hint, hint]

Anyway ... thus endeth this long review.

Thanks for this series and enjoy your well-deserved break from writing.
Boombaye1 chapter 34 . 10/11/2008
*sigh*

You ended your continuing Mal/River storyline.

Some part of me was hoping you'd carry on with this.

As long as you don't stop writing, I'll be happy.

Are you gonna continue this storyline or kick another one off ?

You forgot to thank your loyal readers and reviewers *hint hint*

Carry on.