Reviews for Common Thread
Roseyxoxo chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
alliekiwi chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
That was very sweet.
bewarethemelodrama chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Aw, that was really nice. Nagging and banter sleeping buddies :)

Great flow to the writing, great characterisation, lovely dialogue. I really like the whole premise behind this, and how only with each other are they comfortable to get some sleep.

I'm a bit evil obviously, because I really liked the ending:

'Mole grinned evilly, waiting for the Ordinary to make it to the conference room, and watching for his reaction in anticipation, before surreptitiously deciding that if he even so much as made one noise, and woke up the sleeping beauties, he’d throw him out on his ass anyway.'

The only constructive criticism that I can offer, is that every so often you have a tendency to write over-long sentences. The one above is an example of that. The flow of your writing is mostly very good, and reads easily, but you could cut sentences like that into two. I'm totally guilty of the same thing, but it's just something you could look out for in future writing.
meko chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
Another thing: I'm not very comfortable with "the tell-tale signs of fatigue *littering* his face". It doesn't sound right to me. Of course, English is not my first language and YMMV...

I enjoyed the story just as much on this reread, though.
meko chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
This was just lovely; you've caught just the right balance. I do hope you'll write more DA fic even if you don't want to continue with this one. Which I'd adore to read more of, I hasten to add.

And yes, those eyes are insanely expressive. :-) Though, perhaps using the word "orbs" is a bit... much?
452max chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
haha i think that you should write a story to add onto this one where logan walks into the room and find them there and how they all react to it
CherryWolf713 chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Aw, too cute! Alec flopping onto the table in front of Max was great :)

Ozlex chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Great one shot, but I totally think you could continue with this story. I know it's been done to zonkers but you write well, and I believe you could bring a creative spin to this old as time DA classic. Lol Keep up the great stories :D :D
vintage.soul494 chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
I really liked this. :)
Icebox724 chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
I have to say I like this a lot and I also have to say that this review is most likely going to be all over the place because I have some stuff to of the best parts are-"You always concern me Maxie." And the lines that followed after that with Max catching her breath and opting for safer territory by slipping into the easy banter.I like that Alec can read Max a little better and that they can work the more emotional stuff in with the sarcastic part was really good- "Alec felt something sharp tug inside his chest as he took in her small form,the sight of her looking so overwhelmed and exhausted and...broken not one he was familiar with ,nor wanted to become accustomed to." "His Max was a fighter." "He felt a fierce rush of protectiveness,determined to help regain that spark,the one that fuelled her on with vengeance and made her a force to be reckoned with." This shows that Alec has a lot of respect for Max and likes to see her at her strongest. I loved this part "And that was all it name on his lips,his voice laced with emotion"- all leading up to Alec saying "Talk to me". This was a good line- "It didn't happen to often,but the point was it course Alec would get right up on the table like nightmares that Max keeps having sound interesting,look forward to seeing more about was a nice touch when Alec said "Then i'm good here too." I liked that they fell asleep next to each other. "It would take more than a few names for her to get really mad at him."-kind of sounds like foreshadowing. Anyway your a good writer,I hope you add as much sarcastic stuff as you can in the future, it's fun.
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
great fic! Loved it! Esp. the Mole POV!
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
You did a great job here. It was light and cute, but without crossing that line that would make it too cloying. Plus, it was well written over all. I really liked the image of Alec lying across the table instead of sitting down beside Max-and I especially like that by the time that Mole found them, Alec was back up on the table. That would have been a fun scene to watch (though having said that, I think I like it better that you left it to our imagination...) I really liked this!
Mahine chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
For your first DA story that was awesome!

I'd love to see more, It would be excellent if you could write about Logan's reaction to seeing them and how Max and Alec would deal with the situation when they woke up.

Hope to see more!