Reviews for Living Through The Living
Yusuke Urameshi - Mazoku chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Wildcard999 chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
First off, I don't know why they never did this in canon. Bruce was always training the hell out of his kids, why not McGinnis? And stupidity was never acceptable, a thing Terry is pretty much famous for. His signature thing seems to be to take a beating in spite of every advantage-how could Bruce ever have allowed that?

Now, onto the issues.

Terry has never called Bruce 'old man' to his face. That's just the name he uses around Max.

Also, it's a little od to see double quotes around specified words, but single quotes around dialog; normally it's the other way around. I realize this is technically acceptable and sometimes even traditional in certain parts of the world, but the opposite is the norm for the rest of us.

/ Squeezed his eyes shut and wondered what sort of physical representation this was of any one of Bruce's multiple psychoses./

This is a sentence fragment, not a style. It's not creative, but annoying.

Also, you have an unfinished sentence. All sentences MUST end in /some/ form of punctuation, no matter what.

NEVER use parentheses in a fic, they don't belong. Parentheses are for posts and PMs. Please learn how to use the double dash too; it'll improve the impact of your words. Hint: Everywhere I see what should be a double dash, there is a comma instead. I can also appreciate how in character you managed to keep both of them, a feat seemingly impossible to most ficcers on FFN. Good work!

A powerful fic, I have to say. A very good read, despite the minor problems I found.
Chibi's Sister chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
This was awesome. I love how the story is told through Terry's eyes, but, once again, Bruce makes it about him. Great characterization for both of them.
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
Somehow it lacked that final "punch" inherent with these types of one-shots...however, the graphic descriptions of the mental/physical challenge that Terry faces were well done. I definitely enjoyed the read.
Fiendfyres chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
That was just...beautiful. I can't even come up with the right words to express just how much I liked this story. Everything was perfect, from character traits to sentence structure. The sort of story I'd like my own to measure up to one day, hopefully. Great job! I'm off to check out some more of your stories; if this was anything to go by, the others should be just as great. :)
Deathmvp chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
This was a intresting story. It defently have a dark but loving feel to it. Very good job.
penName111 chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Love it
me-obviously chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
That was gorgeous. I love the way you write Terry. Very nice; I'm favoriting it.