Reviews for The marriage contract
Rabunga chapter 12 . 4/8
While I love your work I am confused about 2 things and apologise in advance for asking!

1. Since they never went through the whole 7 Harry's scenario, how did hedwig get shot down and Harry have a flashback about it? There is a brief sentence at the end of the flashback about him going back to the dursleys but that does not make sense as he supposedly was collected on his 17th birthday but in this story he arrives at Hermione house on his bday...and
2. In the diagon alley battle, lucius had his arm and shoulder smashed and the battle ended with 'no one getting away' so how did he turn up at the st mungo battle to get hit with his own dagger?

I only ask because your stories normally fill in all of the jk plot holes and it was unusual...

Other than that love your stories!
Bluewolf80 chapter 8 . 2/21
Harry going back to the house wouldn't have amounted to a hill of beans. The wards fell as soon as he turned 17 OR no longer considered 4 Privet Drive his home. Since he was leaving never to return, that would encompass the latter therefore the wards were no more.
Bluewolf80 chapter 6 . 2/21
Rosemerta was still under the Imperious curse at that point. She was to notify them when Dumbledore arrived back so she floo called Borgen and Burke's. That was the pre-arranged signal for everyone to leave from there through the vanishing cabinet and arrive in the Room of Requirement where Draco was waiting for them.
It took several minutes to fly back to Hogwarts on the old brooms. Draco and the Death Eaters (sounds like a good name for a band) weren't there waiting for them when they arrived. Hope that helped!
Bluewolf80 chapter 4 . 2/21
Nice theory about why Harry could not be a horcrux.
Bluewolf80 chapter 2 . 2/21
So it's been a week and change since Harry just disappeared from Privet Dr. Where he was waiting for members of the Order to come pick him up. Half of Great Britain would be trying to find him by now for one reason or another. The Order would be going bonkers trying to figure out how he got out of the house and where he went. Then there's Volde who knows the protections have fallen on the Dursley home so he'd be trying to track him down too.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 11/18/2016
Yes, and we know a few Purebloods who would be quite surprised to be called bigoted, even though they are. Molly Weasley was incredibly rude to Fleur during her period of engagement to Bill, and Ginny wasn't much better, calling a Fleur "phlegm."

In canon, Ron married Hermione, but we really don't know how close a relationship they maintain with the Grangers. From second year on, no consideration is ever given to any desires the Grangers might have to spend time with their daughter; instead, she is increasingly isolated from them. I really can't see Ron having the kind of father/son relationship with Mr. G that Harry does. Perhaps that is due to Arthur still being alive and Ron not feeling the need of a father figure; but I think it really comes down to a failure to value nonmagicals. I don't think he hates them; he simply doesn't think about them.

Harry truly loves the Grangers in most Fanfic, and I'm willing to bet that even in canon, married to Ginny, he would still care for them because they're his best friend's parents and she loves them. That's the kind of friend he is. (Harry's negative feelings about the Dursleys had nothing to do with their being nonmagicals; it had everything to do with their attitudes toward and treatment of him.)

When we consider the Weasleys are a more open-minded family than most Purebloods, it is easy to imagine the scope of the problem Harry and Hermione face, even without Voldemort.

Thanks for a good story. Some facets confused me, but there was still plenty to enjoy.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 11/18/2016
I thought both Lucius and Bella were killed in the battle in Diagon Alley. Bella did for sure; that was not unclear in any way.

Okay, I reread the battle scene in Chapter 7: "... Harry sent a reducto spell at him, the spell tore through Lucius at the shoulder taking his arm off and shattering his shoulder bones to pieces, the spell carried on past what was left of Lucius ..." Well, I took that to mean that what was left was no longer alive. Even if he were alive, the DEs were apparently taken somewhere from which they couldn't be "sprung" by Voldemort. Hence the reason he was running out of forces. I'm SOOOOOO confused!

I don't blame Harry about the Ministry Aurors. Too many turned out to be DEs in canon. While Amelia is above reproach, she is still dealing with leftover corruption from Fudge's administration. He can't be too careful.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 11/18/2016
I'm VERY CONFUSED. Did I skip something? I freely admit to having been a bit sleepy earlier as I read - and I have read a few other stories today, so perhaps there is some mix-up - but I didn't realize the Battle of Little Whinging (in which Hedwig and Mad-eye died and George lost his ear) took place in this particular story ... in which case, Hedwig would most likely not have been dead. Do I need to reread?
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 11/18/2016
Oops, I guess I should have peeked ahead rather than reveal my ignorance about Rosmerta. **red face** I did think DD said something about opening up the wards on the Tower, so that they could get through. Of course, once Dumbledore died, wouldn't the wards have fallen? Well, maybe not, as that would leave the school completely at the mercy of the enemy any time a Head died or was incapacitate in battle (or anywhere, I suppose). The logical assumption is that they would transfer immediately and settle right into the next in command, in this case McGonagall. I wonder what would happen if the castle felt the Head had "gone Dark" or didn't approve of the next in command. Would "she" choose the next head?

As to the faucets and taps ... the logical (to me, anyway) assumption is that there is some sort of "update feature" on the structure. Hence the flush toilets. Possibly there were hand water pumps before there were modern sinks and taps. I figure young Riddle put the snake carving on the tap.

I really like stories that allow the Grangers a role in Harry and Hermione's lives - yet another reason why Ron is all wrong for Hermione. His inherent disdain for Muggles would probably result in a complete severing of the family bond with her parents. After all, he doesn't even appreciate his own family; I can't imagine he would value Muggle in-laws. Harry sees the importance of family and values the Grangers as the loving parents of his own beloved and as special people in their own right. He doesn't base the worth of a person on heritage, blood, or magic, which is why he is perfect to bring about equality among the magical races. (Can you even picture Ron NOT setting off an "incident" with either the Goblins, Elves, or Centaurs ... or Veela? Neither can I.)

Thanks for giving Lucius and Bella such well-deserved ... fates. I'm curious to know why Umbridge wanted Harry arrested. After all, didn't the Ministry want him to deal with the whole "Voldemort problem"? Doesn't she get that the DEs are a part of that? I realize killing Malfoy would probably put a serious crimp in her blackmail income, but Bella? I can't imagine she would be too tolerant of someone like the Toad, even if they did have hating Harry in common. Really, Umbridge shouldn't be out without a keeper. Actually, she shouldn't be out at all, although that has now been corrected. What an idiot ... an evil idiot.

Yeay for Remus! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 11/18/2016
Re the A/N: I think Rosmerta was still under Draco's Imperius Curse at that point ... perhaps a long-term version? Didn't she offer him brooms when he and Harry returned and saw the Dark Mark hovering over Hogwarts? (Laboring under severe Fanfic contamination with no books handy, so I'm sorry if I got it wrong.) If so, she could have sent off a message, perhaps, to let Draco know Dumbledore and Harry were on their way. Snape would know that the Tower was the easiest place for them to re-enter the castle in order to open the wards just enough for them to get inside. JM2K, of course.
bballmgr2011-2015 chapter 6 . 8/23/2016
GF chapter 4 . 8/14/2016
Oops,decided to quit this one too/
GF chapter 3 . 8/14/2016
(?!) Otterey St. Catchpole is a muggle village, and ONLY the Weasleys, Lovegoods, and Diggorys are within walking distance. Twenty house elves just popped a bunch of people away from a muggle pub?!
_
'Harry had nearly forgotten the task... they needed to do... '

Because he just wrote Ron that letter like, four days ago- expressly mentioning the HORCRUX HUNT, and how they would go on without him!? Must be the elf wine.
_
So... the Grangers aren't going to be dentists anymore, and NOT even call the office to say they're staying till christmas? Nice, responsible role models they are.
_
Call it my Yankee ignorance or something. If I listed FIFTY places I wish I could vacation, Egypt wouldn't make the list. Heck, the Middle East ANYWHERE wouldn't be on the list! (flaming atheists do not DO biblical)
GF chapter 2 . 8/14/2016
"... One week later...sitting in the castle... " What happened to "let's go check out the other houses?"

The Sword of Gryffindor isn't enough to run through Voldy-whats-its, even imbued with 1000 year old Basilisk venom?
ruth hammond chapter 2 . 8/7/2016
Loving this story as with all of them. This chapter is above most of the others...it fits into the category of all the other fairy [er elf] tales...
On to the next chapter...