Reviews for At the Brink of the Dawn and the Darkness
iWishIwasInvisible chapter 14 . 4/20
okay i just can't stand this anymore. mara is an absolutely selfish hoe. i just caaaannnooooot deal with her anymore. i quit. it was a nice story, aside from her.
iWishIwasInvisible chapter 12 . 4/20
wow. mara calling reece a hypocrite. that's rich. so far, the greatest dislike i have about this entire series is mara. she was okay at first in the first story of the trilogy, but she's just gotten steadily more annoying. she saw how bad the torture was, but she's STILL trying to defend palpatine? tyring to force luke into a role he doesn't want? calling it 'destiny' yet deriding luke when he talked about fate? how blind is she?
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 48 . 3/26
That is a beautiful ending, especially (in a grim way) the last scene. Luke finally getting his revenge - with words, no more, no less - for the way Madine tried to break him. And it's such an open ending in many ways, because even if we know now the Empire is headed towards the democracy Luke wants it to be, in accordance with the wishes of so much of the Rebel Alliance, we don't know what happens until we get there, and how we get there. We don't know what will happen with Kiria D'Arca and her plans and her conflict with Mara, although they have settled into co-existence. We don't know whether after Luke's death, little Anakin Skywalker-2 will ever get to reign over the Empire... but if he does, we can be sure of one thing: it will not be Palpatine's Empire. Not anymore.

Also, the prophecy at the end is amazing. The prophecy of the Chosen One. 'The One who will falter will balance the way' indeed.
Koda Aya chapter 49 . 3/22
The worst thing about this type of story is that it raises the bar so high for other fanfics.
Seriously tho, the whole series was excellently written, the world-building was great, made all the more believable with just small details added here and there in the general descriptions of things. It just pulled me in.
Amazing story. If I had to rate it, it'd be a 9,5/10.
Chelsea chapter 49 . 3/22
This AU saved my life, watered my crops, and made me love Mara and Luke for the first time after ten years of reading star wars. I always had this dislike of Mara, but this fic made me believe. I wish I could find the pictures but every link is severely out of date.
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 33 . 3/20
Technically, Luke doesn't even know where he's born, does he? Unless Polis Massa came up at any point during the story... which it could have, but Palpatine nor Vader would know and Obi-Wan and Bail are long dead. Oh well. Plot details I can't remember are hardly what I wanted to write this review about.

I've been really enjoying this story so far, and now that I'm two-thirds of the way in I figured I would write a comment on it as well. It's still as gripping as ever. Luke's often indecipherable schemes, the plotting for control of the galaxy, resulting in an epic battle in which both sides have leaders (Reece and Leia) who want to see the other side succeed. I was continuously uncertain of how it was going to end - at first I thought Leia's betrayal would result in Reece achieving his aim of having a head of state who will not compromise with the Rebellion by means he would not have seen coming, then I figured that maybe given Leia's compromised position in which her helping Luke might come to light it would be better for her to join Luke and Mara, but that only occurred to me after they'd already been separated from each other. And then that throwaway line which revealed that Mara was pregnant and Luke's capture (which I had not seen coming - well, having unmasked Reece as a traitor and carrying the Emperor's child, even if it is illegitimate, should strengthen Mara's position) before you finally have Madine discovering the twin connection Luke and Leia don't know but which he doesn't know that they don't know (those are the best kind of don't knows).

Oh, and then there's Kiria D'Arca. Whom I actually kind of like. Of course Mara is the one who's one-upped her, apparently, because she's the one who's carrying Luke's child (and Kiria made it quite clear that her interactions with the Emperor had thus far been strictly platonic). It's going to be an interesting dynamic at the Imperial Court, especially with Luke captured - which, again, I did not see coming. It really is too bad that Luke is so set against establishing a Skywalker dynasty (ruling with an elected Senate at its side, of course) just because Palpatine would have wanted it. Just like Mara couldn't live her whole life doing what Palpatine would (have) want(ed), Luke can't live his doing the exact opposite.

Anyway, it's still a very compelling tale (I could never write a story of this scale and consistently high quality), and I will continue to read the next sixteen chapters with growing anticipation. Well done!
awesomeness-rocks chapter 49 . 3/18
This story is amazing.
It is a slow slow burn, which is why it is not as popular as it should be.
However, it is worth it.
Your ability to bring out the shades of Grey and create, twisted, broken, but relistic is incredible

This is by far the best star wars series iIhave ever read in is in my top 5 favorite stories/series of all time

Good work
treacherously chapter 44 . 1/7
oh yeah totally forgot about the hint of future drug addiction thing, did that ever get resolved or are these little breadcrumbs you leave to pick up in another story... esp since luke still doesn't know that it was mara's fault AGAIN that he got drugged. also she STILL hasn't destroyed the last remaining vial in her cabinet.

and also i think luke doesn't know that his father 'killed' his mom while she was pregnant so i could easily see him having visions of mara dying in childbirth and following a similar darth path but i think i just crave poetic symmetry and doomed histories.
Please please can we get just a short one shot sequel to this? Please...?
treacherously chapter 48 . 12/27/2016
I finish this story for the second time and carrie fisher dies. such a deep sadness.
treacherously chapter 45 . 12/26/2016
did the Kalter storyline every really get explained... or resolved? was he meant to be a parallel of Nathan? like if Luke was never taken in the first place he would have had this guy for a best friend and idk fallen in love with callista or something?
treacherously chapter 35 . 12/25/2016
i was sooooo not getting that wez/nathan were a thing until this read through. but now it's super obvious.
treacherously chapter 26 . 12/24/2016
oh dude. i would've loved to know how luke and mara would've reacted if Kiria knocked herself up with luke's baby. that is one messed up storyline.
treacherously chapter 24 . 12/24/2016
re reading this masterpiece again. always wondered what powerplay happened when mara and luke came back at the end of this fic. i doubt kira would have divorced luke. also how did things end with luke and leia that storyline didn't really get enough closure.

basically you should write another epilogue /hint hint/ /wink wink/

i know you're other fic is keeping you busy, but damn. i just can't let this story go
Guest chapter 34 . 11/5/2016
Going to the council and telling them about their relationship might've been wiser...