Reviews for Notes on a High School Scandal
saturned chapter 1 . 10/11/2017
Okay. I try to not hold my breath as I write this. I am all sorts of excitement, joy, and sadness at the same time. Good freakin' gift, Miss Jaina. (I assume you're female, but pardon me if I may be wrong.) GOOD. FREAKIN'. GIFT. What were you thinking when you were writing this? What was happening with IchiRuki when you published this on 2008? I could go back to check the milestones of the pairing and the manga by that time - but I wouldn't really care - because it's already something in the past. This story, however, would last a great number of years, and I wouldn't mind reading it again and again if I'm over 50! I do not write length-y reviews (oh gosh, "Notes on a High School Scandal" deserves more reviews TBH), and I couldn't give as much as constructive criticism is concerned. But I am well-aware of my feelings for this fic, so readers, prepare for a downpour of emotions. Ready...

jksjdkjkf I can't stop smiling, giggling, and burying my face on a nearby pillow. I'm so happy with the dialogue, the set-up, the NOT-SO-NORMAL ICHIRUKI STUFF. Like what the. This person can write humor and STILL BE A LITTLE SWEET ALONG THE WAY? How on earth? (I'm jealous with this kind of writing, but I admire it too. Just because. Right in the damn kokoro. Also, why are italicizations not allowed on writing reviews?!)

Ichigo's temperament is the best. You know why I love this guy so much? He's such an idiot he doesn't realize how the audience could easily see through him. I know that the ending turned out to be Rukia's show, but I like the twist wherein it still addressed Ichigo's personal thoughts. Particularly, "He couldn't but grin as he chased after her. This wasn't what he'd call normal, not by a long shot, but for now, it was good enough for him." - Right there is pure romance, and I just go '!' and then a bit 'T_T' and also the 'winged heart emoticon.' (Way to go with Internet talk, but those things don't really have a verbal equivalent, in my opinion. Anyway, continue to fan girl.)

Tatsuki. Tatsuki. TATSUKI. (I wanna be your friend too.) She's just so awesome in that she understands Ichigo AND Ichigo's concern for Rukia. Their team up here is probably my favorite scene. She's a minor character deserving of more appearances in fics, and I'm so happy she's the one to have a real interaction with Rukia in place of Orihime. BTW I love how she mentions, "You and Orihime are more alike than I thought." It was funny and clever.

You also wonderfully shifted Ichigo and Rukia's snarky banters into softer moments. It wasn't abrupt, and it felt more special when you painted a particular scene where they had a conflict and it rained. It's bittersweet. And lovely. And painful to read. Ugh. So much talent.

Did I mention your Rukia? Ahh... she's so nice. But she's given me the most anguish. She's making me turn to the manga, flip the pages, re-read the entire volume of "The Broken Coda," watch her cry, watch how she neglects her feelings, watch how she shoos Ichigo... She's making me look at her canon self yet again. I can't take it. She's too good. I have to give you and her a big hug, if I can.

This fic is one hell of a ride.

Everything you've written here is what I was glad for. I'm personally happy with how you ended it. It's entirely a complete different outlook of Ichigo and Rukia's days as normal people, normal students, but also carrying the same youthful appearance of Bleach, as it was fifteen years ago. I love this story so much.

If I re-read it again, I hope FFN would allow readers to write another review. Just because.
yitiantulong chapter 1 . 4/15/2017
Thank you for this wonderful piece- it's lovely, squeal-worthy sweet, it's cute, it's realistic, it's bitter, it's sad... it's everything I associate with Ichiruki specially with the ending the Kubo gave us. In my head I'm making this canon, I'm using this to justify all the beautiful little moments (chapter 342!) and all the little hints, the little twists that made us the ichiruki fans we are, only to have them dashed. I particularly like how grown-up and yet mistaken Rukia is here, her thoughts on the fact that Ichigo is meant to be a human boy and make human mistakes and grow in human ways, while she was not meant to be there at all made me tearful. Alas, this is the story of the love story that might-have-been. Again, thanks for sharing!
Dentro del Infinito chapter 1 . 4/23/2016
Good stuff.
SilveredFoxeh chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
This was such a wonderful bittersweet story. The best and worst part i that I can actually see this having happened in cannon (and of course forgotten about thanks to the memory modification) Thank you for writing it! I am enjoying your writing style :)
Dudly chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
How... very very delightful and very very frustrating. I feel very tortured that it ends this way!
Disappointed chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
That was a very boring ending. I've read a lot of your work now, and this had so much potential and then you must have decided to be done and yanked the carpet out from the reader with that pathetic end. To be honest, it insults the reader. Rukia could have (and has in the past) modified the entire schools memory to begin with, now making the story pointless for using that card. Another thing, ichigo, though human, is still a Shinigami ... they can't have memories replaced! if you think about it, you'll realize that if that were possible, then Soul Society wouldn't be as it is ... hell, they'd just flash Aizen's memories and be done. So, I'm disappointed in you cowardly and abrupt ending to what had promise to be a good story. jsm
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2014
I want more!
tuckrwk chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
I haven't read this yet, I got the second line and saw "let us kiss with tongues!" - Eddie Izzard and was immediately hooked. It can only get better from here.
hopelessromantic chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
Gaahhdd! thank you for this wonderful fanfic. satisfied all my ichiruki cravings!
HibiscusAngel15 chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Okay, I'll be honest: I first read this one-shot in a series of Ichiruki doujins called "The Beat Back Seasons" that I bought from a vendor (who was your friend, I assume) at an anime convention. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the doujins not only were doujins, but had this fanfic split between the four volumes. Your pen name sounded familiar to me, and I realized you also wrote "Hair of the Dog", one of your fanfics I read previously. It's weird how all this is connected (and totally unrelated...).

Anyway, on to the review:

XDDD "...these...these FALSE AND SLANDEROUS ACCUSATIONS." XDDD I love that. XDDD He's so upset! And that conversation he had with Keigo and Mizuiro was priceless too! XDDD And Rukia not getting the different slang for...the deed and her lecturing Ichigo. XDD Oh, this is just too funny!

OH THE DENIAL. I love it so much. XDD And the KISS! And the confusion afterwards! Just...YES. No words can describe my feelings about this cuteness. X3 That previous emoticon might though. XD

AUGH! NO! She made him forget that they ever kissed! NO! X( *sighs*

Overall, I thought this was very well-written; all characters, for however brief an appearance, were all in-character, and everything seemed totally believable. This was a great read! I loved reading it! :D
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
That. Was. Amazing! Characterization is 10/10, especially Rukia. I didn't realize before I read this, probably because Tatsuki isn't often in fanfiction to begin with, but this is by far the best characterization of Tatsuki than I've ever seen, or at least the most vivid. Tatsuki might actually be my favorite character in this story. Rukia wanting Urahara to fix the gigai was adorable! There were several adorable moments of her foreignness to human culture, actually. You also got the "highbrow noble" part of her down.

Definite favorite. Now I'm off to see what other literary gifts you have for me.
seiliewichts chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
Noooo... he didn't remember the kiss. ToT

I really like the flow in this story, and the characters are so in character too I could picture this played out in the anime. The mixes of humor and romance is refreshing. But the part about Rukia erasing his memory just makes me sad. ToT
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
Wow I was actually shocked at that plot twist near the end, nicely done...

Kinda sad that he doesn't remember, but it gives the story more character! It's just like them. Preserving the status quo, but taking it slow with any changes that they DO acknowledge in their relationship...
Quickslice chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Oh geez, I want another chapter or two! You should make this longer or make a sequel, or something please?!
LaReveuse17 chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
Words cannot express on how much I love this. This was recommended on TV Tropes, and it really deserves to be.