Reviews for The Child of Their Hearts
Guest chapter 3 . 8/11/2017
Spanking an abused child isn't "love." You need serious help.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/24/2017
I just want everyone reading this to know that what Arthur Weasley is doing in this story is 100% child abuse. This is not me trying to bash on parenting techniques but is a fact. The type of spanking he is doing would most definitely leave marks and bruising and is definitely not something that shows fatherly love. More over there is tons of evidence based and peer reviewed research that shows that spanking is not an effective form of dissapline and often times leads to an increase in problem behaviors at home, in school, and within peer relationships. As someone mentioned as well, it is definitely not an ok form of disapline for a foster or adoptive parent to use on a child who has a history of childhood trauma.
Believe it or not, children don't have to be hurt in order to have good behavior. You can change a child's behavior through real life natural consequences given from a loving caregiver who has appropriate boundaries with their child, these consequences do not and should not invole fear or pain (which is very much what spanking is). As I am sure the real Molly and Arthur Weasley would agree.
To put it palinly this depiction of fatherly love is very twisted and harmful, and I am not sure how anyone is reading this thinking that it is good story or a good depiction of Arthur Weasleys love for Harry which was apparent to me throughout the series of HP.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/9/2017
More stories please as soon as you can
Dark phoenix chapter 3 . 3/1/2017
Can't say that I can agree with any of this. Personally I don't agree with spanking of any teenager, I think by that point they are too old for that kind of punishment but I can respect your views, however, how is alright to do this with someone else's child? Harry is not their responsibility and while I find it perfectly acceptable to provide him with advice and guidance, corporal punishment crosses a line. It shows nothing other than the fact that any adult can seemingly exercise control over him simply because his parents are dead. How would have Arthur reacted if another parent were spank one of his children
I would hope not well because most parents would have a problem with that. Also... while this might be an acceptable punishment for some kids, definitely not abuse victims. Harry has been beaten by his uncle too many times for him to ever trust anyone that would resort to violence no matter how "comforting" they were when it was over. Harry left the Durlseys that night because he HAD to leave. After that accidental magic, Vernon would have beat him bloody and to teach Harry to stay in that situation is wrong. Also, even if Arthur wants to adopt Harry, how about a conversation first? Ask the kid how he feels. Not liking Arthur Weasley in this story one bit.
Ravendor chapter 2 . 1/18/2017
Please update as soon as possible, this is the really great! I wonder what will hapen when harry becomes a weasley :D
Ambrace chapter 1 . 1/13/2017
I enjoy this story. I can't wait to see what it will be like with Harry as a Weasley. I've read a lot of them and this is very good. Keep up the good work.
Drumboy100 chapter 1 . 9/4/2015
Nice story, I like your writing style, and we all know Harry deserved some spankings.
Twilightsowl chapter 3 . 6/6/2014
Mr Weasley, Thank you for finally taking care of Harry,he needs someone he can count on.
Dumbles better not stand in their way, because he will have the Weasley's to contend with.
I Love your writing. Please, Please, Please update soon...
kittyranma chapter 3 . 5/26/2014
Beautiful loved this series, greedy want more more more. Keep them chapters coming.
lilyflower101 chapter 3 . 12/2/2013
great story. update please. :)
Buffyxenaman chapter 3 . 10/10/2013
vry good job
rubyblue100 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
I always thought how lonely harry must have felt when he had ran away. Though he must have felt better when he went to bed all that anger, frustration and fear washed away and forgiven.

*Arthur, you rock*

Brilliant story, you have a good style that sets the scene.
SNHfvr chapter 3 . 11/17/2012
Great story! Does dumbledore let them adopt or stand in the way. Does Sirius approve. find out how harry was treated n be nicer to him. Will the abuse be known in the wizarding world or will albus cover it up. I'm curious what will happen at the cup. Please update. This story has great potential.
loretta537 chapter 3 . 10/30/2012
this is a good story, i cant wait to see what will happen at the world cup
ChittiRobo chapter 1 . 10/10/2012