Reviews for Dappled Shadows
Moofy-Fan chapter 5 . 11/26/2012
I loved all of these, but this last chapter was definitely my favorite out of all of them. It was just so good, seeing this completely foreign side of Simon that almost no one would ever dare to write.

"You're raising me on a pedestal that I cannot get off from." is probably my new favorite line from any fanfiction ever. It's just so... gah, it's awesome, that's what it is. This has been the only story I've seen thus far to actually make Simon/Jack work in the contexts of the book, which is an amazing feet.
ksbg chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Beautiful. I love Simon/Jack. your writing is beautiful and the last line is perfect.
*Reading chapter 2 now*
sarrias chapter 5 . 8/27/2010
o my gosh this chapter really is fantastic!

I mean, it really hit me the way basically no other LOTF fics did. I love your style of writing, because it's very artistic unlike some fictions which only contains slash for the sake of...slash.

I love how you mention the devils a couple of times. And the way your plot progresses is just beautiful-having Simon kill a pig? That's something no one had tried or even dared to try, because Simon is supposed to be the "holy" character in the book. Yet when you tried it, it worked so well with your plot and theme. It's basically artistically artistic!

Now I'll have to read it a couple more times to get a better undersdanding of it. It is a little deep to be understood the first time I read it.

And nice chapter again, waiting for the next update.
PicnicAtHangingRockGirl chapter 5 . 6/25/2010
You did a great job with description and keeping true to the characters. Usually, people write about Jack and Ralph, but your story was refreshingly original and it made me think more about Jack's friendship with the other boys and not just Ralph.
atickingnoise chapter 5 . 6/7/2010
Oh My God!

You had Simon kill a pig, and then coat himself in its blood; Jack get all hot/steamy at the sight, and then PUNCH Simon for thinking of the rest of the boys as savages. And then Simon practically threatened Jack, but that was only AFTER he legitimately placed a butterfly!kiss on Jack and-

Fwee~ *hearts* Very cute characterizations; I cannot believe that I CAN believe it. Damn you and your overly believable writing! xD
atickingnoise chapter 4 . 6/7/2010
WOAH!

Writing for two!fandoms outside of APH? I'm so surprised that I'm a little bit scared what other fandom you'll invade (and make me inevitably follow, bytheway~). But nonetheless, loved the characterizations here, protective!possessive!Jack is much love.
Canadino chapter 5 . 6/6/2010
GAH badass Simon is sooooooooo moe! It looks like he can slay silly Jack Merridew in more ways than one.

If I knew writing island fics made you write this I'll skip off and write more!
TuesdayNovember chapter 5 . 6/6/2010
You're a very good writer.

I've liked all the stories in this collection so far, and I hope you plan on writing more. )
xotsukiyume chapter 5 . 6/5/2010
OMG NO WAY-two u[pdates in only one day?

(And I am just such an awesome rhymer; I feel like a poetry-two-timer~). All horrible jokes aside, I like the unique scenario you managed to play out here. All the while, I was expecting Jack to like, hug Simon or something (like what he did for the other, what, three incidents?), but no-he PUNCHES him. And Simon is TOTALLY UNFAZED which creeps Jack out. I love how you write them-update soon~ 3
moonmagicks chapter 5 . 6/5/2010
Very nicely written chapter; I think you've made Jack/Simon into one of my more guilty pleasures as well, damnyou! Like everyone else, I really liked how you made Simon the blood-bathed one this time. I mean, consistency is nice and all, but one of the things that I love about your writing is the whole experimental style which you manage to take! Can't wait to read more~
foxxy chapter 5 . 6/5/2010
Woah! Two updates in one day? You, my dear, are back in the fanfiction writing business! xD

This chapter was really nice, and a definitely unique deviation on my various preconceptions for Lord of the Flies; namely: that Simon is always angelic and weak and all that. I guess this one just reminds me that boys will be boys, and that Jack doesn't necessarily have to take the initiative all the time.

Update soon! I'm really glad Hetalia has yet to take up all of your life.
Mikoto chapter 5 . 6/5/2010
Yay! Another update. Please write more, I love reading what you put out because it is so unique. Thank you for sharing this.
1panic chapter 5 . 6/5/2010
Much love for the faster-than-normal updations today! I loved the concept that came around this chapter; particularly because I do tend to place Simon on a pedestal of sorts. Much love for your portrayals of the two of them, coated-in-blood!Simon is way too intoxicating~
Smart Angel chapter 4 . 5/25/2010
Hi! I love these oneshots! Do you still write LOTF? IF so, I really hope you right a new JackXSimon soon! It would be fun to read something like, when Jack realized SImon didn't chose his tribe, or when he realized Simon was dead... Or when they first met. XD I just really want to read a new JackXSimon.
Canadino chapter 4 . 2/14/2010
Gah I love you so much right now. jack/simons and hetalia? You're def going on my fav author list now
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »