Reviews for Josephine Rising
jananesane chapter 4 . 8/4/2009
Thats funny, I thought of it like the fight club one to. I wonder where she is, write more
jokergirl4ever chapter 2 . 4/10/2009
this is a wonderful story . bravo
Masochism chapter 4 . 12/21/2008
You are simply amazing with words. You do what I cannot achieve on this website, which is write a story combining both detail and speech. When it comes to action I'm a good writer, but speaking is a little hard for me.

This story is amazing. It's reminding me of Diderot's essays. I know this is a story, but it seems more like a philosophical essay towards a fictional character who Jolene relates to.

I agree with your philosophy on humans and animals. This world is shit. Our intelligence was a good skill to develop, but it weakens our minds in a sense that we cannot fully do what we desire.

Our intelligence tells us that killing is wrong, and that other people have gone to jail for murdere, so we avoid the bad and absorb the good.

I believe there is a book about such "atrocities" where this man hunts people on his island and mounts them for sport.

When a person dies those people who adore that person cannot speak because of the tears flowing from their eyes. Emotions an Emotions and intelligence separate us from animals. Animals feel pain and sadness, but not on the same level as humans. If an female tiger loses a baby she may feel angry, sad, and horrible; but, she wouldn't care as much as humans do when they lose a child. A mother's attachment to that child is far greater than a tiger's attatchment to her baby. Just imagine this sight: a mother having her child then eating the baby (like a hampster after it gives birth). We simply deem those people as criminally insane. It's ridiculous.

Emotions are good to have. I like emotions. I deal with emotions. Because I like feeling good and getting what I fucking want. If I don't get what I want, I'm pissed, but I fucking deal with it - sometimes. Sometimes I bitch like a two-year-old child and physically tell everyone around me to fuck off. Am I not the greatest person ever!

I started writing this damn story "I Exist" hoping to capture the Joker and open his mind a little. I did the opposite. Then, my story quickly turned in to a self-serving piece of shit that made me want to puke my brains out. Self-serving because I only wanted to write it to fufill my fantasy. So cliche...so childish...so like a thirteen-year-old girl - and I'm twenty! God. I went to spencer's yesterday at the damn mall and they asked me how old I was. I fucking hate spencer's now. Gave her this "fuck you" look and walked out of that damn store. Who care's anyway. It's filled with bullshit anyway - just a nice rack of sex toys that don't matter!

Well...I've been babbling. But, I like babbling. How else are you gonna speak your mind? To fully speak your mind you've got to talk freely about EVERYTHING! Babble, babble...babble! Oh. fucking. yeah.
Arugula Pacioli chapter 4 . 12/13/2008
great chapter! will be waiting for more
Arugula Pacioli chapter 3 . 12/13/2008
This is really good:D
Hordepally chapter 4 . 10/31/2008
I adore this story. The conversations between the Joker and Jolene are both genuine and intriguing. A true to character Joker and a strong, intelligent female character, you gotta love that!

I really enjoy your writing style and this story has me wanting more. Please keep it up!

Jennifer
Kylria chapter 4 . 10/25/2008
please update soon
deleted9 chapter 4 . 10/25/2008
Ooh, great chapter! He really does get obsessed with people, huh? And your character is someone I can clearly seem him interested in. Great choice of what the house looks likes too, I enjoy the movie 'Fight Club' lol. Anyway, can't wait to see where the next chapter is going to go! Wonderful job!
ryuzaki25 chapter 4 . 10/19/2008
update! i need to know what happens so... update soon!

also later in the story the joker is'nt going to hurt her...right?
ryuzaki25 chapter 3 . 10/14/2008
i really like your story so far, i really wish you would update soon!
deleted9 chapter 3 . 10/6/2008
Wonderful chapter! Their minds are a lot alike, it's no wonder that he is so interested in here. Her basis for why she was living in the designated bad part of town made a lot of sense to me as did the right way to take out human society. Or well, to cause chaos in said society. Crazy and psychotic and wrong, but it does make sense. It's amazing how many crazy people are like that.
555LordBacon666 chapter 3 . 9/30/2008
Oh I like you, you're good... :D

Jolene is like a less psychotic, less paranoid and smarter Johnny the Homicidal Maniac- with a dash of Joker thrown in!

Do continue, I need stories like this to entertain my chaotic mind constantly.
LA Knight chapter 3 . 9/28/2008
oh, come on! update! jeez!

i love how you portray the Joker. And this Jolene. I love that name, Jolene.
xcitric chapter 3 . 9/28/2008
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.
LA Knight chapter 2 . 9/27/2008
wow...

MORE!

I don't even know this lady's NAME!