Reviews for Marigold
starlightwraith chapter 1 . 3/23
that was so sad!
awesomehatyougotthere chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Wow! Seriously! Beautifully written, beautifully executed throughout! (eheheheh) what manga chapters were you reading when you wrote this? I'd really like to know!

Thankyou very much for writing this, really enjoyed it!
God and the Fox chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
This is utterly beautiful. I can honestly say I've never seen a story in this fandom written quite like this, and please, take that as a compliment. In this, you take something that is neither prose nor poetry, but instead far more than the combination of their parts. I love the sadness, the darkness of this. I love the sense of fatality. Every word of it is absolutely perfect.
Iczhihal chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
HOLY FLIPPING JESUS ON A POGO STICK. That was EPIC. I love Kira, it's just...Kira.

I loved the bit about murder screaming from the steel. That is an awesome mental image.
Nen1986 chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I love the way you have written the story. Its such an interesting look into Kira's Psyche and it seems to sum him up pretty well
Renn chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I must admit, I love your take on Kira. And I agree with you. He's different, and that makes him an even more interesting character in my opinion - and yours I suppose? Thanks for sharing!
The Bad Joke chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
This is a lovely morbid masterpiece. I adore the ending: "Where despondence buries dreams in little, neat graves." Izuru is my favorite character, and you made me love him even more. You kept him very much in character.

I really enjoyed this story, keep up the good work!
PokkinChoco chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
mwa

so depressing TT (sad ending! sad ending!...i don't want kira to die *wail*)

but whoa, really well-written and the characters are just right

i think you left out kira's kind of nervous cute side but i don't think it would have worked with the story anyway...and maybe he just became all dark at some point, yeah, after all the people he met and the stuff that happened..
miss-emotive chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
This was absolutely beautiful, as I've said numerous times about your stories; and it's very true how Kira's character has been shown in this strange, new light because of that last chapter. I wasn't too sure how to feel about it at first but eventually, and with the help of this fic, I began to think that it was depressing and grotesque but also very interesting and... well, cool. Your story has truly captured and defined this things about Kira.

One thing I kind of... noticed, though - you mention in the beginning about how he grew up in the Rukongai but I was sure that he was born in the Seireitei? Please, stop me if I'm wrong, but I vaguely recall, during a flashback episode, someone mentioning it.

Still and one more time, this was beautiful. You never fail to amaze. Thank you for sharing.
fantasmaalineal chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Gracias por pintar con tanta oscuridad, las sombras de alguien que de sí, ya perdió toda luz. Increíble, en verdad. Kira ha crecido enormemente, tanto en el manga como en el animé y este relato tuyo lo define de forma perfecta. I'll try to translate it; thanks for paint and draw, with all the darkness, shadows of someone waht have lost all of the inside light. Unbelievable, really. Kira has growned, in manga and animé and that tale of yours define him in a perfect way.

Namasté

FantasmaAlineal.
youshallnotpass chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
But he keeps his mouth shut for fear of letting the others know about his own temporary state of insanity, about the despair that grips his heart until the red turns to pitch-black.

Flawless, as typical of you. Floored, really- you have such power and raw purity in your writing it leaves me wondering just how it is your mind works.

You’ve made me into a monster, he wants to say, but he doesn’t.

Such torment! I find myself re-evaluating Izuru's character purely due to your re-evaluation of him.

Yet another bit of perfection- loved it :)

yousha
Kaara chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
i'd just like to thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. i too have been in awe of the latest chapters, as it proves who kira is, who kira have become. i agree wholeheartedly with your a/n at the end of the story, since i've said almost the same thing in a discussion on kira ealier. that he is the perfect soldier.

this is beautiful, in all its morbid glory. thanks again!
Xinarie chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
Thanks for this. It fits my mood right now. I never really liked Izuru much, but I agree he is becoming a much more interesting character as the manga progresses.
Godell chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
I've never seen Izuru portrayed this way before-he always has a good part of him. In this piece, he is dark and thoughtful in a morbid way. An interesting point of view.

Good luck on writing!