Reviews for Grass Stains
CCGFTW chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
This is really brilliant. I absolutely love Kate Nash, and listening to that song, I could definetly envision the scene you described. Sad Ianto makes me sad too :(
busybee6563 chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
That's so heartbreaking. I was almost crying reading it. I listened to the song while I read it too. Really added something. I too love Kate Nash. This song really suited this subject, infact, when I first heard it, this is exactly what I thought about. Great minds think alike, eh! Haha. But I did love reading this. It's really something special.
101spacemonkey chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
he may say it was only a few times, that it isnt a big deal, but its more than that, these things don't go away over night.

P.S i love the song choice!
dragondreamingsprout chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
i love this - i hadnt considered the idea of ianto cutting but given his personality it sort of suits him, and you wrote it brilliantly - the imagery was great too, easy to imagine the setting (and im really interested in that song now too so thanks ) - really nice fic -
mysterypoet66 chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
I'll be honest: I'm not a fan of songfics, or first person, as both can seem contrived. However, this is an interesting angle. It's got decent composition and mood. I'd quibble with, "buzz," as a description of motive, for cutting, or any form of self-harming behavior. I'd say, "release," would be more accurate. The instinct is what happens when the pain is so big the body can't hold it.