Reviews for The Constancy of Memory
Jynx101 chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
This was beautiful. thank you.
Lady Greensleeves chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
This was simply wonderful. You make me too wish that I could change the past for them..

(and now I've found a ship i like even better than Caspian/Edmund)
Francienyc chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
So I should probably take you through my reactions to this story. I was on my computer and I got an alert that there was a new story from you. From the title, I guessed it fit with The Blurring of Memory and The Sharpness of Memory, and I was very excited. Then I read the description and I was like "Drinian! Where's my Caspian/ Edmund fix?" But I of course read the story because I trusted in the fabulousness of your other stuff. And of course, by the end of the story I was rooting for Caspian and Drinian and very nearly in tears. And mad that Caspian was mooning over Edmund. (Yet while I read the Sharpness of Memory I *loved* the notion of Caspian and Edmund, despite the fact that I've been a Lucian shipper for ages). All of this is a testimony to how well you can sweep people up into your story.

I absolutely love the characterization. You take the facts we get from the book and really make Drinian come alive. I love that he's sort of the anti- Caspian, a foil for him if you will, awkward where Caspian is charming, plain where Caspian is glamorous, but all very endearingly so. Drinian emerges as a constant, true friend.

What I also love is that each of the three stories shows Caspian from a different angle. He's clearly the same character, with the same idealism and the same temper, but the way Drinian sees him as something precious, an almost otherworldly creature. It actually reminded me very strongly of The Little Prince. Every time I read your characterization of Caspian it makes me want to readjust mine in All the Dreams that Might Have Been.

All in all, this was a very moving story. If I said love too many times, that's only because it can't get emphasized enough.
Cryssai chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Wow. Breathtaking, the way romance should be written. Bravo. :)