Reviews for give up the ground
smartassmusicjunkie94 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Aww! That was actually one of the best I have ever read. Both were in character and it made sense. If you write another like this let me know!
purplebunnywabbit chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
That said so much, in so few words. It shows a deep, yet subtle aspect of Max and Alec’s relationship, which is definitely nice. Not as melodramatic, more realistic. Not too dreamlike, instead a little more pensive. I could see this actually happening in the series, which is very refreshing. I am so happy that you shared this with us... in fact it has inspired a couple thoughts for my somewhat comatose fiction that has come to a dead stop. Thanks for that.
klylu chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
perfect moment, placed as you said in the long way between an 'i hate you' and an 'i love you'.

loved how max chose to let alec see how vulnerable she is right now, and hw alec feared he is not up the task to offer comfort.

at the end though, he did the right thing.
CherryWolf713 chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
I liked this...the open ending and the softness between Max and Alec. I'd like to read more to find out what happened between Max and Logan, but even if we don't another chapter or a companion peice, this was awesome :)

Melissa
cheesewizpants24 chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
I like it! It was humorous yet a bit cynical. Wow, that probably doesn't make any sense but I'm going for it! ;)
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
Very nicely written. The melancholy nature and sadness of Max just makes Alec's little actions all the sweeter (actions, not words, since they weren't exactly comforting-but then, that's Alec right there). I did notice one typo that I thought I should point out, though. I'm thinking that when you said /and this that they probably aren’t/ you probably meant /and thiNKs that they probably aren’t
452max chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
aww i liked this i thought that it was sweet in a way and i cant wait to see if you are going to add anything on to this
NDE01 chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
I think you're completely right! This was a nice snippet of the two of them bridging the gap, loved it please continue.
quirkys chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
i loved this! lyrical and gentle, their awkwardness with words feels right.
tylee17 chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
yeah, same here with those little moments, and yours was very sweet; the ending fitted perfectly, too, in its simple truth

I always love the things that remain unsaid the most, and I found them in your story (:

well, thanks for posting
Kare38 chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Excellent! Very poetic thoughts and characterization. Leaves you hoping things work out for this crazy twosome. One can only hope. Thanks for writing.