Reviews for Sins of the Father
TheExplodingPriest chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
O.O MELLO GOT RAPED BY A PRIEST. A CREEPY PEDO PRIEST. O.O XD I feel awful for laughing at that thought.

I'm not offended~ -is a coop Catholic who can read this shit all day long- XD There are priests like that...

I'm scared to go to church now. XDDDD
Dlvvanzor chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I'm Catholic, and, since you asked, I didn't find myself going "what was she talking about." :) I'm sorry about the reputation our priests have. It's not normally like that, you know? I'm not offended because I know that did happen, but... please understand, it's not the norm.

And, no worries, you got the prayers right. _
Free of Mundane Thoughts chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Yay story! Poor Mel... and crepy priest! REALLY creepy priest! The change in attitude thing scared me! And this story is left at such a cliffhanger moment! You never get to see Matt's reaction! Jeez... :[ *pouts* '
youkai chick supreme chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
great last, bitter, line from mello. really, that was a very good line. the poor thing... he's just too tempting. ack. (and even poor matt, to a lesser degree.)

i'm not really ofended, but then again, i'm not catholic, so there you go.
IMMAFIRINMAHLAZER chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
0.0
Nickolasius-the-Conquerer chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
You got it right! Also there really are prest who do that kindda crap so no not to offensive!
OvenBased chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Hmm...A bit simple at points. Throw in some more detail, extent it a tad (Maybe another 500 words or so) I would probably up to an M, and throw in a few swears for good measure xD

Hell, I have read much more innocent stories with M ratings. I have never read this theme before, really. I have read alot with Catholic undertones but none of what your story covered.

Decently written :)
Alchemic-Soi chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
That was a very good, very well written oneshot. I'm Episcopalian, not Catholic, so I'm not sure of all their views on religion etc. I didn't find it offensive, though some people may. It was just such a strong, emotionally strong story.

Keep up the great writting ]

Wendy xx
phollie chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Wow...a very dark yet very powerful fic. One of the most effective that I've read so far...

This was a brilliant piece of work. Not only are you writing skills very impressive, but the way that you included a real life problem in your story was inspiring. The last line gave me chills!
The Munch chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
You got the prayers spot-on, and I would hope I'd know them... Yeah, I'm Catholic, my dad's actually a permanent deacon (first level of ordination in our church, before priest). Yeah.. so I'd hope I know them . Anywho... some people might be offended by the whole priest thing, but the sad thing is it happens and it happens often. We've had a whole mess of it in our diocese...

Very good story! It was very sad and touching but it was very good and very well written.
draco-is-the-punk chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Don't worry, you got it right. The Hail Mary was how I say it anyway. (I'm not a Catholic, I just own a rosary. I have a Buddhist and Muslim one as well.)
merichuel chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
I'm catholic, although spanish, but my holy mary (in spanish) fits yours (in english) so i think it's correct...? xD

good chapter, don't think it was offensive, so mello was raped? poor child...

please uodate soon
flamablechoklit chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
I loved that. You got the prayers right. You have no idea how sad this made me, but it was very good. I knew the preist would be trouble. -sigh- I want to give Mello a hug now. Or Matt could give him a hug. I AM SO SAD! Dx But I love you for writing this! And as much as he doesnt deserve it, Mello just seems like he's been raped, ya know? Maybe its just me... Anyway, awesome job.
AlmightySponge chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
lol, naw, you got the prayers right.

And what a nice fic... very sad...