Reviews for JxHQ: Back for More
Gladrial10 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
I despise song fics! So much so, I almost closed the window to this fic as soon as I opened it. But I remembered that you are a genius so sucked it up and gave it a go anyway and am I ever glad I did. Absolutely hilarious! Thank you so much. I had a rough day and needed a smile.
Auddy chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
"The room was silent for a moment and then a pulsing electronic beat began.

"We are young

Heartache to heartache –

We stand!"
Invisible-chan chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Oh, gyeah. I don't like song-fics either. This was awesome. I think my favorite part was, "It so perfectly described her relationship with Mistah J over the years. Well, except for the being married bit. And Mistah J wasn’t an alcoholic. And they didn’t have any kids." XD
BlessedMay chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
That was hilarious! I love how angsty and ridiculously peppy Harley is about the situation. It's really perfect how she's singing a cheesy song from the eighties that somehow reflects how she feels about Joker. Loved every moment... though I was almost convinced in the beginning that it was an honest angst fic. That changed when I recognized the lyrics of course... but good job!

And such a shame you not liking Adam Sandler movies... Happy Gilmore is one of my faves!
OnlyANorthernSong chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
This is hilarious! Poor Harley... (and poor Ivy, too!)
Twinings chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
"To him she was nothing more than – than – a cream pie – all delicious and tempting when it was fresh and brand new, but worthless once it had been thrown in someone’s face and the joke was over!"

That's a fantastic description of the negative aspects of their relationship. As was the used tissue analogy.

This was really cute. I felt sorry for Harley while rolling my eyes at her at the same time. Poor silly girl.

-3.0
Dadaismo chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
omg. i miss you.
Literary Eden chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Bahaha,

Classic, classic Adam Sandler remark.

I think the Joker's Dialogue in this fic was just absolutely wonderful. I love the ways you depict him, and your talent of bring out his character is so effortless that at times it's nearly frightening.

As for song fics, I hear ya...

Most often they're ridiculously overplayed and depressing, and you nearly want to hunt down the author and cut their fingers off...

BUT!

You managed to pull it off, due to the fact that:

1- the song was actually playing in the fic

2- it was relevant to the relationship

And 3 - it was realistic grief, and not angst-y

And no worried, you're not the only one who throws on sappy music when they're sad and cries for hours, possibly even standing in front of a mirror and talking to themselves while the do so (or is that just me? ...anyway).

Loved this fictional work, like almost every one of your others (I’m reading them all, bear with me. I just finished Arkham Asylum: Taint Love today (brilliant, as well!) )

So, on that note, I'm off to wait for the next update of Snuff, and will maybe move on to The Way We Were. Best wishes,

Danielle
alocin chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
This is *so* good! Angsty singing Harley was hilarious, topped only by Mistah J being suspicious that she's drunk. A drunk Harley would either be very entertaining or very tragic... I loved crazy!Ivy as well!
PinkCandyGirl chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Hands down, you are one of the best fanfic writers I have come across. It's so refreshing to find a story where the reader is able to burst out of the literary gate without tripping over horrid grammar, hackneyed use of clichés or excessive adverb ornamentation. You not only craft your phrasing with skill, but you are a true story teller - humor and drama alike. Please continue to update all your stories!
fan chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
that was so cute and hilarious...even her kidneys yearned for Joker...hahahahahaha!
Hillside Dancing On chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
As both a fanfiction veteran who's read many a bad songfic (and written a few, way back in the day) and a hopeless sap who's slow danced with a stuffed animal to Ray Charles' "You Don't Know Me" in the wake of an unrequited love. . .this so very much needed to be written. And The Babies made an appearance to boot!
DCoD chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
*snicker*

Oh yes, seeing Harley moan about, singing those kinda songs, is entirely cute and funny and definitely her. Wonderful! hehe