Reviews for All I Have
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/23
(I'm so sad for their canon future. because Sam did end up the one who bury his brother first.)

I liked Upset and Mad Dean !

When he was like Wild Animal who suddenly growled and 'attacked' Sam ! xD
Worried Dean with Angry look was Interesting !

But I liked the part when he suddenly realised how bad Sam was and immediately taking care of him.
caffrey girl chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Huh. I didn't think there was a story of spn that you'd published I hadn't read. So it was a pleasant surprise to stumble across this one:-)
Deans grief was so.. raw I could kinda feel it. I loved the writing! Dean hauling down a sleeping bad for what may or may not be Sam's body is just too sad. I liked how Sam addressed it too.
If only the Winchesters could stay out of trouble...
Thanks :)
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Dean's grief is so palpable in this story, his loss and fear of more loss so vivid. Made my heart ache...
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
My word. Poor Sam! Drowning would be the worst way to go, in my book, so I was glad when he finally got out of that river and made it back to Dean. In time to see him crack open. :/
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Great story.
Whilom chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Dean's emotional explosion in this was as shocking to me as it probably was to Sam-raw, unedited, and passionate. And it was made even stronger by the fact that Dean just lit into Sam the moment he saw him, not even checking to see if Sam was okay after nearly drowning (which is so uncharacteristic of him). There wasn't very much of the lighthearted banter or tender h/c that I love in this one, but it was good nonetheless. Sam and Dean worked through some issues and reaffirmed how much they mean to each other, which is always a win in my book. ;)
Broken Sexed Up Bloody Kitten chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Totally loved. xD
Lovetoread89 chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Wow, as usual you blow me away. This story was just amazing for so many reasons.

I loved how it wrestled with the ongoing issue of selfishness vs sacrifice that is always present in the show. How Sam is willing to sacrifice himself for the cause, without taking time to properly think about the consequences. I think this line sums that up perfectly:

'And he was really tired of things that killed.'

Because Sam was tired of it all, he wasn't thinking about Dean or how he would feel. A lot like the scene in 'Salvation' when they both argue outside the burning house.

I absolutely loved Dean's reaction when Sam stumbled back into the clearing after being missing for two days. I totally wasn't expecting it; I was expecting Dean to be so relieved to see him that he wouldn't be angry over Sam's recklessness. But the way you wrote his reaction made so much more sense, and I liked it so much better! Raw loss, hurt and desperation had obviously been building up inside Dean, so I guess this was just one step too far. I'm so glad that he let Sam know of his selfishness, and that Sam finally really saw what Dean was going through. This part was just perfect, it really made clear how the penny dropped for Sam:

'Sam could fill in the blanks. Would have done so sooner, if he hadn’t been so caught up with his own pain and need for justice. He could feel Dean’s despair as viscerally as his own—it was his own. And at the moment, nothing seemed more important than easing it a little, promising Dean he wasn’t alone and wouldn’t be and that Sam would be more careful if Dean would just never look or sound like that again.'

It was also great that Dean snapped back into 'big brother mode' to take care of Sam when he realises just how sick he is. I adored the line commenting on how his words were hard but his touch was soft: spectacular!

One of my (many) favorurite aspects was how you left it open as to why Dean was caressing his handgun when Sam found him. Whether it was because he was comtemplating the unthinkable idea of ending his own life, or trying to seek comfort for something that is essentially a material symbol of his and his family's life.

Right I had better wrap this up as it's getting very long! One thing I always enjoy is your ability to infuse sentences with such heavy emotional meaning and make seemingly simple connections that are in fact so true and so important to the characters. Thank you very much for sharing; you have an outstanding talent!
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
The brothers both reacted perfectly. They even had an 'emotional, heartfelt' scene (which it really was, with the way Winchesters work). And I really enjoyed this hunt-that it turned out not to be a demon, but a water elemental. That was pretty cool. :)

Good job!
Jenn1984 chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
I'm ashamed to admit I've not reviewed a story of yours in a long while. Mostly because I get annoyed with myself for not being able to express to you what your fics do to me, what they really do to me.

This story is another fine example of your writing talent. The plot was wonderful, as always, and the brotherly banter was 100 percent perfection. That is something I always look forward to when I click on a K Hanna story, because it's always there and it's always just enough, just the right amount.

You do Supernatural so much justice. The way you describe Dean taking care of Sam, Dean's exterior being so rough yet he's so gentle in his touch. All the emotions running through Sam's head, here, the confusion, how he aches for he always aches for Dean. It breaks my heart, every time. It's so incredible to read because that's exactly how it should be. It's always exactly how it should be...

If Sam and Dean were real people, this is who they would be. I'm amazed every time I click on one of your stories because I think you do the characters more justice than the show's actual writers sometimes. No offense to the wonderful writers of Supernatural, but you just get right there, right inside their heads. You truly know the characters.

There are always certain lines of yours that stick with me. And these sentences were the lines from this particular story:

"He hadn’t meant to turn Dean’s attention on him, not when Dean was finally talking, but maybe this was for the best. It had backed Dean off the ledge for the time being, turned his focus to something he could fix instead of his own helpless pain."

Dean. That right there, that is Dean. Always trying to divert attention away from himself, to focus on something he can fix, as you've written. Anything else besides his own suffering, his own thoughts. There is so much truth in those words, those simple words. You make my heart ache for these two brothers. I love these characters, and I've never loved a writer as much as you for just being so true to them, for just understanding them so well.

I can only hope to do them such justice as you have one day. You are a huge inspiration to me in my own Winchester writing, and I can truly only hope to scratch the surface of your talent one day.

Thank you again for another wonderful read.
kirallie chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
Good work! Glad Sam didn't drown.
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Stupid, reckless Sammy... *shakes head* On the one hand he always overthinks everything and on the other it's still so like him to run off into his death without thinking. Couldn't have blamed Dean if he'd clocked him one ;)

i'm not complaining about the h/c though!
EmmelleN chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Another perfect little gem, beautifully written en very touching.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Fabulous fic. Dean's raw emotions in this really are fantastic, and the picture of him sitting against the tree almost caressing the gun in his hand is chilling. Great pre-cursor to AHBL, because Dean really can't live with Sam dead.

Loved the title - a throw-back to Dean's words to Sam in "Salvation". Dean already lost his father - something that I believe he never, truly dealt with, and to contemplate losing Sam is more than he can bear. I think you did a tremendous job of showing Dean's irrational anger at Sam when he stumbles into their camp. The anger is very "human" - we often get extremely angry with someone who was lost, because anger is easier to deal with than fear. Great job!

Thanks for sharing this with us. I really enjoyed it.
shelby02 chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
This was another great story. Sam was so determined to get back to Dean. I understood Dean's anger and need to vent, but also wanted him to realize Sam was hurt and needed help. Dean taking care of a sick Sam and Sam's apology at the end was perfect.