Reviews for In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night
jekodama chapter 9 . 4/25/2014
"In brightest day, in darkest night" sounds like the Green Lanterns' oath :)

Anyway, I read this a couple (few?) years ago (I don't remember when, but it's been quite a while) and I remember I really, really liked it. I'm going to read it again :)
Syntia13 chapter 9 . 10/8/2012
Phew! What an amazing and engaging story! I love how you integrated small bits of GK3 in this. :D An interesting story, great narration, solid characterization and all over gabriel-knightness. Excellent job, thank you for the read. :)
Stetchnik chapter 9 . 2/2/2006
Oh so very good!

I'm not sure if I should bother writing as this story was written so long ago that you may not even check your reviews, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to say how much I enjoyed your story. Great characters and interesting plot. You did a great job of sticking to character, too. :) It's so wonderful to see the world of Gabriel Knight alive once more-and pretty cool to see you use the world of the Templars just as was to be done in GK3. ;-)

I hope to see some more of your work one day.

Stetchnik

P.S. I'm curious...why did the Ritter line not pass on the knowledge of the sword, and their compatriots in France? I wish that had been covered somewhere in the story...
Jessica chapter 9 . 1/6/2006
! ! ! I've played the three games, and this fic definitely has the essence of it. You really got the whole attitude of the characters, and that Lucien is a great villain!
The Evil Queen of Nowhere chapter 2 . 2/8/2003
I read the first chapter. I have a bad habit of reviewing before I read a chapter. You will have to escuse me. I feel that you have a very fluid writing style and a very keen sense on character personalities. Now I will read the second chapter. Sorry, but I am hopeless. Until then.
The Evil Queen of Nowhere chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
I am going to have to read this I loved playing Gabriel Knight and though that the plots were fascinating. I haven't even started to read this yet but I will start right now. You can even yell at me if I do not follow through and then I will.
Alisa chapter 1 . 9/7/2002
Wow! Ive only read the prologue until now but I love it! Youve captured the characters very well and... Im from Germany and have to say that your German is good (are you from Germany, too? Did somenbody help you? Did you learn it?). I think I have to go and read the next chapters. Thanks for sharing that great story with us!
Scarophine chapter 1 . 4/22/2002
Hi Maya! I finished reading your story last night and I love it so much. My mum has all three games and I love them so much I just have to play them over and over and I love reading fanfics about other Gabriel Knight cases that should have new GK games adapted from them.

Keep writing these wonderful fics!
Pezzy Mystic chapter 9 . 1/6/2002
I loved this story! i read the previous chapters ages ago but never the epilogue. that was so cool.
Gabi-hime chapter 1 . 4/30/2001
This story is wonderful. It absolutely captures the feel of the games without being "Gabriel picks up the lump of incense. **tinkletinkle** four points." You also captured the Grace?Gabriel dynamic very well. This has a very interesting and well researched plot. You should consider writing more Gabriel Knight fanfiction .
Kevin Neville chapter 1 . 12/13/2000
Maya, I've been browsing through for a few days now, and I haven't found much that has caught my eye.

It's obvious you've done a lot of research on this project, and you are doing an excellent job. Hell, if the Templars weren't a part of GK3, I'd say we might have a new game script on our hands.

I'm gonna keep reading now... I hope this story continues being as well-written as the first couple parts have been.
Silver chapter 1 . 9/9/2000
Why isn't anyone else reccing this story? :0 Lots of interesting stuff about ancient history here, and everyone seems very real.
Silver chapter 1 . 9/8/2000
This is one of the best fics I've seen ever! I'm impressed with all the historical research, the mystery, and the sheer adventure. I never played any of the GK games, but I felt right at home. I couldn't read fast enough.
Arsinuae chapter 1 . 9/7/2000
Oohie! I always love it when you get to that stage in a story/game that you discover exactly how everything fits in . . . like in "Sins of the Fathers" when you went to Bayou St. John and realised about Tetelo, or in "The Beast Within" when you saw the face in Ludwig's locket . . . wow. You should definitely write mystery novels and get them published! How much research did you put into this story, anyway? I couldn't do that much work for a fanfic! GREAT chapter! -Arsinuae
Arsinuae chapter 1 . 9/7/2000
Hee! I love Grace, 'cause she's always so funny, but I'm wondering if this story is going to get into the romance side of Gabriel and Grace's relationship . . . I've only played the first two games, and that whole bridge bit at the end of GK2 really annoyed me! and I'm sure I'm not the only one! Anyhoo, good chapter and I'm off to read the next one -Arsinuae