Reviews for Everyone Breaks
super-hot-saiyan chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Read this just before I went to bed it was like a little bedtime story lol
peteylove chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Wow you are just an epic writer.
elfenwindakachrno chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
the "go and be scary" is so awesome xD interesting different origin of the joker...nicely done
Lorien Urbani chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Oh my! I was so sure this was going to be one of those typical Joker scar stories, but it's not, and I'm glad I'm always so curious and don't just put aside stories for no reason.

This is amazing. The whole thing is written from the Joker's POV entirely, which is amazing on its own, but what I find really original is that the story is just the Joker talking, no description or anything.

Your characterization of the Joker is absolutely flawless. I love the humorous tone of his monologue, and the subtle undertone of horror. I mean, he sounded fun, but I also kept thinking, "I'd hate to be the person he's talking to!"

And this is another amazing thing - he's talking to Crane! Wow! It's been my dream for so long to have Crane and the Joker together in the same story WITHOUT the popular slash. The Joker chose Crane for his accomplice, and hehe, nice idea for the try-out, I say. The pencil trick! Crane and the Joker's pencil trick - beautifully horrible, and horribly beautiful.;)

I also like the idea that Harley is gone from J's life before TDK begins, which suits the Nolan Joker completely. And the way he was so heartless about her in the end - very him. He just doesn't care.

"have you ever had getaway sex? After the thrill of the escape, it's almost anticlimactic." This line is stuck in my head. It shows J's priorities. I think that any other guy would enjoy having getaway sex, but to him, it's actually ANTIclimactic. This says a lot. Great line.

"I swear, your mob was so… geriatric that it was like taking candy from a baby. Not even a really on-the-ball baby. One of those premature ones that you could fit in a jar of mayonnaise."

Holy smokes! For real? Haha! One of the best Joker lines EVER. Kudos to you for this one.

Needless to say, I absolutely adore this one-shot.
griZzlyAngel chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Oh, very cool!

I liked this a lot! :)

~grizzlyangel
campblood chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
WOW. I mean it, seriously. I will give you a standing ovation for this, but I think you deserve much more credit than that. You keep the Joker in character, and you do so perfectly. It wasn't over-the-top and it wasn't comepletely stupid either! Wonderful job! I also enjoy how you have him starting off casually talking about Harley, but then it begins to get morbid towards the ending. Once again, outstanding work!
Freedom of Thought chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
Clever! Very clever. I liked it a lot- it made me smile. Sorry if that's illegal or something, but I'm just saying. :)
Alpha Bravo Charlie chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Oh goodness, this was so brilliant. I can so easily picture the Joker telling this story. "Batman arrives right in the nick of too late." That is extremely clever and I love it. :)
jokergirl4ever chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
the end seems sorta funny in a weird way . i like the story over all very good.
A Cunning Plan chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Wow. Just... wow. This is simply amazing.

When I first clicked on this, I wasn't sure what it was going to be like - the summary doesn't give much away and I was wondering if it would be just another one of those mediocre scar stories you see around. Luckily, I clicked on it, and I totally regret thinking this would be just another story. Because this... it is absolutely amazing.

I love the way the whole story is just the Joker's speech - no other narration or description - but I can still imagine everything really clearly. It also sounds exactly like the Joker's speech, without being silly or over the top. The whole thing is just so in character, from the casual, conversation manner in which Joker recounts the whole story to the dark and morbid humour in it. 'I swear, your mob was so… geriatric that it was like taking candy from a baby. Not even a really on-the-ball baby. One of those premature ones that you could fit in a jar of mayonnaise.' was just perfect. It's one of the funniest things I've read in a long while and it's so very Joker.

I also really like the idea that Harley has already been and gone by the time of TDK. It's a very interesting idea, but (perhaps more importantly), it fits very well with this version of the Joker.

There is so much I love about this fic, I think I'd be here all day if I were to write it all down. It really is amazing, and I'm so surprised you haven't got more reviews for this. It's one of the best TDK Joker fics - and definitely the best scar story fic! - I have ever read!

Yours,

A Cunning Plan
Harley Quinn of Hate chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
THIS. WAS. PERFECTION.

I loved every word! I could picture the scene perfectly and I caught myself laughing with him. I LOVE his humor, so dark and twisted. I also love that Harley was involved before and was out of the picture before the Dark Knight,you are a genius. Thank you so much!
miseria chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
The whole thing was ace... but I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley ;)
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
This is fantastic! You . . . YOU are fantastic! I am simply flabbergasted that you don’t have more reviews.

Man, this was just awesome. I loved every aspect of this fic. Everything was just so incredibly Joker-esque and brilliant. Did you hear what I said? B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T. Yeah, that’s a lot of letters, but seriously BRILLIANT! Gah, what more is there to say?

Can I just say that this is one of the most fantastic lines I have ever read? ‘I swear, your mob was so… geriatric that it was like taking candy from a baby. Not even a really on-the-ball baby. One of those premature ones that you could fit in a jar of mayonnaise.’ Oh my goodness, I do believe that is just about the funniest thing I have ever read in quite a long time.

Oh, and you know another line that I loved? This one: ‘Never saw her again. Even the funeral was closed casket. Electric chairs don’t make for very pretty corpses.’ What a sick, comical, and morbid sense of humor. It’s absolutely perfect for the Joker, though.

The Joker’s whole voice throughout this fic was just astonishing. I just love how he seems so relaxed and nonchalant about everything he is talking about. And I also love how this fic is just straight on dialogue with no narrator or descriptions. The Joker never leaves his voice, it’s awesome.

And you know what else? The Joker’s scar story—wow. That has GOT to be the most frightening one I’ve ever heard. While the Joker didn’t go into much detail about it and he overall seemed rather lighthearted about it, I can just picture how awful that must have been for the Joker to go through.

What I find so amazing about this fic is that, even without a narrator of sorts going into detail and describing the scene, I still can picture everything so well in my mind. I believe, because you have established the Joker’s voice so well, it really just helps this fic literally come to life. I felt like the Joker was speaking right at me.

Which really brings me to my last point: it was such a kicker to hear this line of: ‘Settle down, Dr. Crane!’ That was an absolutely perfect way to introduce what was really happening in the scene. The reader comes to find the Joker isn’t talking directly to them, but rather to Crane, and that just makes it all the more amusing, in my opinion.

I feel like a broken record here, repeating mostly everything I’ve already said, but I just love how easy it was for me to picture everything in my mind. I have such a fantastic visual picture painted in my mind’s eye—and you created that through your writing!

Oh, and one last thing: ‘Here’s a pencil, freshly sharpened. Go and be scary.’ What a perfect way to end the perfect story. I really, really liked that.

Excellent, excellent job, I can’t say it enough.

Sincerely,