Reviews for Leaving
paderewski chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
enjoyed reading it, went thru a number of tissues. I have always had the same impression about scott, he is like the prodigal son's brother or the 99 in the desert the ones left behind by the Good shepherd when he went looking for the lost sheep.
vlnelson55 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I really love this story. I didn't realize that Scott's relationship with his father didn't grow like Johnny's did. Of course, I haven't seen the show in years and I would have chalked it up to Scott's being reserved. Anyway, this story made me cry! Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I have the series of Lancer and this was like having episode #52. I loved it! I wish it was 1971 again and Andrew Dugan, James Stacy, and Wayne Maunder (the love of my life) could come back and film this episode. Thank You very much!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Excellent! I love this story!
shallowz chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
Enjoyed your characterizations: Uncommunicative Murdoch, who means well; decisive, smart Scott who still needs his father; and determined, caring Johnny who quickly returns train tickets. :)
hibouperche chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
What a wonderful story. I'm a Johnny girl but I also like Scott a lot. I think you've captured them all very well in this story. I like your Murdoch... he's a tough man but knows when he's wrong, even if it takes a bit of help from the outside. Tears started falling from my eyes towards the end... hell, about the same time it did from Murdoch, Scott and Johnny's eyes. Come to think of it, we're lucky Teresa wasn't there with them... the floor would have been flooded. LOL Well done.

Liette
siroccomo-ctss chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your stories. I have been catching them both here at at Karen's site - and just enjoy so much. They are very well written - the plot holds together well. You seem to have captured the original characters extremely well. I particularly like the relationship you have developed in your stories not only between the brothers, but also with their father. I like your Murdoch - a strong individual, learning the ends and outs of being a father again, but a father to grown men, not little boys - and that is so very different.

The very good thing about fan fiction is - that even though WM may have been thinking about leaving Lancer, here he will alwasy remain. Ctss
tlady chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
I always enjoy your stories and this was no exception. Quite a different take on the father/son dynamics. It's nice to read a story where Johnny is actually closer to his father than Scott. Actually, that's the way it was in the series too. After the first episode or two, we often saw Johnny and Murdoch walking with their arms thrown over their shoulders. Many scenes of Murdoch and Johnny talking and laughing together. Not so many, if any, with Scott. Part of the reason was the Wayne Maunder always seemed such a reserved man, as opposed to James Stacy who was full of life. I think their true natures carried over into how they portrayed their characters. Same with Andy Duggan. I read that, in real life, he was a wonderful man. So, except for the sterness displayed in the pilot and in CAWH, he was mostly depicted as a good, caring man on the show.
SerenaDeb chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Great story. Glad that Murdoch was able to overcome his dislike of sharing his emotions and get through to Scott.
wlk68 chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
I'm a die hard Scott Girl and I've always thought he was overlooked and underappreciated on the show. Even now, in the world of fanfic, most stories tend to revolve around Johnny. I like Johnny just fine but for me, it's all about Scott and this is a wonderful way to show that he is just as loved and just as appreciated as his more flamboyant younger brother. Marvelous. But you should have some kind of warning on it about not reading it at work. I'm sitting here in my cubicle blubbering like an idiot and all my co-workers want to know whats
geturkicks66 chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
I have read everything you have written, here and in Yahoo. This story tops them all! Good Job!
Stroma chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
An excellent fic. Never knew Wayne Mauder was going to leave series. It wouldn't have been the same without him.