Reviews for Brick By Brick
ValiaWolfie chapter 23 . 11/2/2010
This whole story was absolutely awesome you did very good on the characters personality's and filled in the gaps that the game should have showed very well I enjoyed every chapter of this and it had a good ending as well I will definitely be reading and reviewing foundations too and hopefully I will be reviewing more then just one chapter xD the reason I didn't is cause I have been reading most of this from my psp so it's kinda hard to review on there..
Aslickain Kiant chapter 23 . 10/17/2010
I loved, loved, LOVED this! XD
animegamergirl chapter 23 . 9/24/2010
Wow this whole fanfic made my day xD *read it all* I love FF9 fics that deal with things that SHOULD HAVE been in the game (the date with Dagger if he won Festival of Hunt anyone?)

It was so fun to read this! I love it! x3
Chibylove chapter 17 . 9/6/2010
Freya i love you right now! Revenge is so sweet!

Thats for eying the stupid blond from before he shore deserves that but unlike him Dagger only has eyes for him wish is so unfair since even though Zidane loves Dagger he is still a womanizing Jerk!

With a capital J...
Chibylove chapter 4 . 9/5/2010
Lucky Garnet! If only i had a Zidane (including fluffy tail) i wooed probably pounce on him and never let go!

And by the way nice threat "If you come up here,youll wake up with out a tale" it was so funny it made me lol and its two in the morning right now YIKES!
Ou-Rex chapter 23 . 7/20/2010
Made it to the end again... lol but it was good. Haha do love me some FF9 fics hehe. Good job!

-Ou Rex
Shade the Bat chapter 23 . 7/4/2010
I am always happy to read a good FFIX fic like this one!
ashbazell chapter 23 . 6/17/2010
i need you to know, first of all, that i've spent the past 2-3 days reading your stories. lol needless to say, i'm a huge fan.

this story was absolutely wonderful. there are so many things i loved about it. but i'll make it short. i really love the way you began these chapters, with a little anecdote, memory, or sidebar of some sort (i'm probably not using the right words, but i hope you understand me). it really sort of draws you in to the rest of it. very good method. really, though, i think your writing is amazing, as are your vocabulary (LOVE your word choice), and descriptions, and obviously, your imagination is near limitless. ff9, like most video games, does leave a lot of gaps open (at least for those of us who play for the story line. lol), but you filled them so well ! this story was just...perfect. loved every chapter, every moment of it. i must have ! i spent 3 straight days reading through all 23 chapters. lol anyway.

i love this story. and i can't wait to spend the next few days reading "foundations". lol that was my initial intention, but when i read that it was a sequel, i (because i really hate not knowing the whole story-i can't even watch a movie from the middle. it irks me) had to read the original. and i'm pleased. i'm actually pleased with everything of yours that i've read. you've really inspired me to pick up my writing once again...i hope when i start churning things out, you'll take a look and offer a critique or two. that would be lovely. :)

i've written you a novel ! sorry, but i'm a bit excited. i hope you're encouraged by anything i've said...you really are very talented. anyway ! i've said my bit. loved it loved it loved it. don't you ever stop writing !

ashbazell3
Jaslazul chapter 23 . 4/10/2010
(Sorry for the s00per-hy00g review [I think]; I usually do reviews on individual chapters, but for various [hi, iPod touch!] reasons, didn't do so on this one, so I'm trying to both review the fic as a whole and remember individual chapter stuff from way-back-when. oboi)

Enjoyed this-it answered so many questions that I had about the game and answered them well enough that it's believable. Nothing in this fic is so important that it would change the way of the game, but rather everything is subtle, and I like it that way because it makes everything in this fic seem plausible.

You also have strong diction and syntax, and aside from the occasional typo, there's little that I can find wrong or suggest improval upon. So, uh. Yay. If it means anything, I rarely see something of this quality, and the careful construction I often see here gives me the feeling that you did not come to the blank page lightly, which gives me the feeling of "ay, this chick knows what she's doing; sit back and enjoy the ride."

For some reason, the scenes that stuck with me the most were the hiccup chapter (I hardly ever laugh while reading fanfiction, and it definitely incited teh lulz), the scene from the last chapter ('cause I read it last, maybe; or because I'd built up curiosity about it), and the scene with Amarant. Even before I read your note about trying to keep him in-character, I was impressed with the strong characterization (and was actually bragging about it to someone in a chat, despite that person having not played FFIX).

(Also, one particular paragraph that stuck with me:

"Garnet knew he was right, but found herself reluctant to leave. This abandoned beach offered her dark soul rest. Time seemed deficient here and the waves shunned problems from mind. She wanted to stay here forever, and strangely, she wanted Zidane to stay too. And Choco. They could dig for jewels forever, and swim whenever they got too hot and count the fish beneath the waves and make things from the shells"

Because it's a perfect example of how2showdonttell.)

Anyway, one thing I didn't like was that Zidane seemed a bit too flirty in some places, and he used a bit more profanity than I'd expected. I'd take that with a grain of salt, though, because it seems that we just have different mental pictures of Zidane-I envision him as more idealistic (not that much, though), while you portray him more realistic. Not realistic in the sense of realistic vs. unrealistic, but of realism vs. romanticism, kinda. Although you didn't exactly portray the Zidane I had pictured, I can tell that you portrayed your Zidane fairly well. (Though in response to the whorey-Zidane thing, I would argue from personal experience that virgins can be the biggest whores.)

Also, in the chapter on the ship where Garnet had lost her voice and Zidane was in her room, one thing that nagged at me was the usage of, "Unfortunately, Zidane misinterpreted/misunderstood the gesture." It seemed to be a bit too much narrative intervention, and I would've preferred to find that out on my own.

Part of me would like to see a mutual confession of what they'd heard from each other while unconscious/asleep-and I say would because, though I was half-expecting it to happen in this fic, now I don't see any place for it (especially without it creating unrealistic influence on the game ending), and I know that there's a sequelish story. So, uh. I'm going to read that now. Who knows-maybe I'll favoritate this one day.
recchinon chapter 6 . 3/21/2010
a very good story you have here! agree with you, zidane should be shirtless whole the time -smirk-

and btw, no zidane was not the oldest amongst tantalus. they call him zidane-san because he is stronger than them, and because they respects him. (he is baku's favorite anyway)

oh btw how i love the concept of story you have here ... i plan to write an FFIX fic but now i gotta learn from you...

i wait for ur other work!

xo.

R.
Yvi-sama chapter 23 . 2/20/2010
Aw, thats so sweet *drool*

I like this night a lot better from Zidanes POV

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful piece of fluff!
Yvi-sama chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Hi there! That was freaking hilarious XD

Wow, I didnt have to use a dictionary this often in a long time, but you sure know some nice vocabs

And you are totally right about the unlikelyness of Dagger and Vivi riding such a beast.
Ashi Halfangel chapter 13 . 1/6/2010
Angry Steiner is angry!
ShadowBlade989 chapter 23 . 12/19/2009
Incredible. Absolutely Amazing. This story is...to good for words. Every scene fits so well within the story of FF9 it's uncanny. I'm at a loss how else to describe how much I enjoyed reading this (and Foundations) lol

Guess I'll just finish by saying Thank you for writing this story and I can't wait for the next chapter of Foundations!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year D
Devilry chapter 23 . 12/14/2009
Wow, this entire story is simply mind blowing!

And wow, I can't believe I spent the whole afternoon reading EVERYTHING at one go, but it was just too addictive and hell I definitely don't regret it D

I love the way you try to encapsulate their personalities from the game - and you do it amazingly at that - and how you still manage to balance the story with your own uniqueness, like with the rosewood box and Garnet/Zidane talking in their sleep.

Gosh, this is totally EPIC.
378 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »