Reviews for Walking Home A Crooked Mile
TraSan chapter 2 . 9/28/2008
Awesome! I had this fic recommended to me today and I was not disappointed. It's just the hurt!Sam/protective!Dean that my supernatural heart needed today.

It was heartbreaking watching Sammy there and yet not there. Dean struggling with how he would be able to take care of Sam if he couldn't fix him.

And it was nice to see both Bobby and Dean care about Sam simply because of who he is.

Great job.
PADavis chapter 2 . 9/24/2008
What I wouldn't give for a birthday present like this.

Strike that because actually I got a great birthday present from Merisha - but still I hope gidgetgal and Kokoda loved it as much as I loved mine.

This had me in tears by the time I finished. Could be the result of the emo rock I'm listening to (Tommy by the Who - I am pretty gosh darned old after all), or it could be because it's S3 and a deal story, but no matter - this was moving.

Very powerful, well crafted, very very jealous of your ability to say just what is needed. Beautiful!

Phoebe
amyblair chapter 2 . 9/19/2008
What I liked about this -

Harper, the psychic, because they go to a psychic in the Season 4 premier.

Loved, loved the reference to "once bitten twice shy". Loved. Loved it.

'witless retard' Oh, Demon Girl!

'tonight his plans involved wearing some young girl's intestines like a scarf but seeing as he's here he may as well play.' Ooh. that was so creepy and freaky and a great thing to add right there.

'A warm goodbye—warm by hunters' standards—is exchanged in the form on rough pats on the back and mumbled parting words, which veer dangerously close to expressions of fondness.' Possibly my most favorite line from you. Brilliant.

I so enjoyed how you brought the remembrance of Sam and Meg into this. It was sweet and such a great memory. How vulnerable for Sam to be to reveal that to his brother. And I loved Dean's reaction. Very smart of you.

'Dean could dance to this tune forever.' Liked how you ended this and brought the dance back into play, bringing it full circle.

Nice, nice job, Liz.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
He, blue-eyed girl -

Pretty cool first chapter. Thought I'd ring out a couple of bits and pieces that I liked from you -

'He’s danced to this tune a few times if the truth be told, but the steps never get any easier.' Great line.

loved the connection with the sulfur and demon mint. Too clever.

loved the reference to the devil on their trail

Have to ask you - are you sure Elvis is dead? I think he probably is, but you know, may bring up some questions with others.

'sucking in deep breaths of air which smells of sage brush and biscuity sweet earth' This is so beautiful. Really liked this description.

'he wants to untie Sam, pick up the chair and smash it into kindling' Love, love, love this. Shows the quiet frustration he has bounding inside of him.

Love your British-isms, don't change them -

'chucking out time'

'cursing a blue streak', maybe not British, but loved this line

Only thing I didn't like was Dean chain-smoking. I don't see him doing that, but that is why we all get to put our spin on things.

On to chapter two -
Twinchy chapter 2 . 9/16/2008
Sweet and tenderly written with lots of brotherly (and Bobbyly) love! They were both aching so very much form that experience.

I loved Jacob's kicking Bobby's behind when he "called". *grin*
rozzy07 chapter 2 . 9/16/2008
Powerfully written chapter, with Bobby trying to be the voice of reason (and doom!) whislt Dean in feisty big brother mode refuses to give up on his brother. In the end it is Sam himself, obscurely of course, who gives them the means to save him, but you have to think that damage has been done to the boy. A part of him has been shredded that not all the stitching up in the world will ever make wholly right again. Love the thought of you adding an epilogue to this wonderful story,so please get those fingers busy typing and grace us with an update a-sap!
Nana56 chapter 2 . 9/16/2008
If you get to it, an epilogue would be good. If not, it's great as it stands. Lots of very nice brother stuff. M

Well done.
vonnie836 chapter 2 . 9/15/2008
I do like this a lot. What a great story. Loved how Dean shot the demon, because he knew Bobby wouldn't be fast enough. And his realization, that now there was no way back for Sam. I was kinda scared there for a moment. At least until Dean saw the markings on Sam's arm and they found out what they mean. And now Sam is back and things are back to 'normal'. I sure hope you will get that epilogue written, I really think that would be awesome. Hugs, Vonnie
writeeofpassage chapter 2 . 9/15/2008
Amazing story! Beautifully written and everything was just so perfect! You got every character depicted perfectly and it was such a great story! This is the first of your stories I've read but I'm gonna go and read some of your other ones now!
Lovetoread89 chapter 2 . 9/15/2008
I loved that! I thought it was beautifully written; the descriptive language really helped me capture the atmosphere. I liked this line:

It's like they're not allowed to show affection lol, which fits the show perfectly. Thank you for sharing!
devon99 chapter 2 . 9/15/2008
Another wonderful wonderful chapter. I don't think you've ever written anything that I haven't enjoyed. Loved how Sam gave them the clues to save himself, Deans palpable worry, and the ending, lol - fab Mr T reference. You should post this over on LJ too.

Sairah
kokoda2007 chapter 2 . 9/15/2008
I'm feeling so much love for you right now :) This fic was a joy to read. Would everyone like an epilogue - silly question, of course we would. I'd take another dozen chapters, in fact, just keep on writing hon and I'll be happy.

Thank you so much!
Adara-chan67 chapter 2 . 9/14/2008
Oh, I really hope there's more! My mind is too tired to come up with anything witty, but let me just stress how much I'd really like there to be more!

Also, Meg sucks and is evil.

That is all.
Phx chapter 2 . 9/14/2008
I really enjoyed this, especially neat touch with Sam being the one with the key to saving himself. Loved protectiveDean and Bobby. Loved the touch with Sam finding comfort - even in his own warped being - with Dean's pendant. And Sam fighting Dean in the first chapter was heartbreaking but very well done. He was absolutely feral.

Personally I am glad that you wrote the story the way you did without drawing out Sam's missing two weeks. Honestly I would have skipped over that anyways and jumped to this part. The reunion and aftermath of Sam's abduction. My favorite part of any story.

Great job.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 2 . 9/14/2008
OOH

yay epilogue hun

WHO ho

omg huni, this was bloody sheering fantastic!

I LOVED THIS!

absoloutley incredable!

omghun...you know ya blow me away all the time, and i never stop loving ya! i swear it grows hehe xx

OHH

this bit hun- had me cringing- nicely written x

"Stop it." Dean yells at Asag as Sam's face crumbles in agony and his whimpering grows into a disturbing guttural scream, the kind of scream which means you're being ripped apart inside. Sam is curled into a ball, his fingers locked together in his hair. Dean can hear Bobby starting to recite fluent Latin, quietly at first but then his gruff voice begins to grow louder.

aww i just love dit babe,

AWESOME! xx