Reviews for Thicker than Water
erica.phoenix16 chapter 5 . 3/2/2014
What a great fanfic!
Nolidoli chapter 5 . 7/18/2013
This was an interesting story. I liked how you created Saya and Diva's father and I liked how he was written. The story was a great read top to finish. I will admit a small amount of disappointment that it seemed that your going for an ending with Kai and Saya eventually being together (emphisis on seems because you potrayed Mao and Kai so well and gave an option that wouldn't doom their relationship, even if she says no now that doesn't mean she will later) but the disappointment has nothing to do with your writing I have simply always found Kai's character to be annoying. Oddly I think that in your writing his character was more interesting then it has ever been. You didn't write him out of character but the storyline seemed to high light the few things I find redeeming in his character. Despite what I don't like in the story I do hope to read more blood fics from you. Your story was well written.
Jasper6509 chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Nathan! Kick Hiroshi's butt!
NigmaE chapter 5 . 10/14/2012
If your still writing here and actually read this review, I have this to say: you did a terrific job!
The way you made the charaters compleling and have some dept in them in such a small little story is amazing. If you want reviews, you have to expand you and your future story's horizons by making them bigger and ever more exciting and alluring. It would help if you made a story in and about an different series more popular than this one. I suggest one between 6000-8500 stories. Large enough that your stories will be noticed more likely, but small enough that your story isn't lost in the sea of stories.
Its been fun, but more storied, and worlds, await! *teleports away*

Always a mystery
Booktr4ce chapter 5 . 10/1/2012
Awesome story, and it did complement the canon ending very well.
I've enjoyed reading it every word.
mistakenot chapter 5 . 5/21/2011
This is the first Blood fanfic I've read (just finished the anime series), and I'm glad to report that it was good reading! (Found it thru the TVtropes fanfic recs, btw.)

Your characters are a little more chatty and self-consciously genre-savvy than my usual taste, but I enjoyed the careful thought you've put into the background, so it was easy to forgive a little bit of exposition. Good work!
Taeniaea chapter 5 . 9/6/2010
cool story
The Flying Fish chapter 5 . 9/6/2010
This is a good fic.
KDHeart chapter 5 . 8/17/2010
Wonderful story. I love the way everything connects and how you've managed to make sense of Chiropteran/vrykolake biology. Nice touch with using the Greek term, by the way.

I can't tell you how loud I squee-ed when Vlad showed up - his identity wasn't very subtle though. There's also his disappointment at being sent away after such an underwhelming fight - gold.

The grammar and phrasing was a bit odd at times and there were typos, but they didn't deter much from the overall enjoyment of the story.

Aldedron chapter 5 . 6/13/2010
*surprised* Hey, my translations were dead-on, even though I was only goin' off phonetics! *smug* Sweet...

Well, awesometastic story Here's a review for your poor, review-deprived self T,T And, I love all the thought that went into everything. Lovely plot *thumbs up!*
Aldedron chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
A Japanese name can end up as pretty much anything, with all sorts of symbolic meanings behind each kanji. They're always written with two kanji for the first name, two for the surname

Akako, judging by the pieces, would prob'ly mean "Red Child". I don't have the kanji to look off, but, based off phonetics, that seems like the proper definition

Aoko means "Blue Child" for the exact same reason

Am I close to your intent?

Oh, and I'm reading your awesome story by the way ;D Can't wait ta finish it!
CAP chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
aoko means blue

akako means red
ChiropteraQueen278 chapter 5 . 3/7/2009
That was a wonderful story. I love the way you portray Chiropteran physiology and psychology, and how you fill in all the gaps that were left unfilled in the series. And Nathan and Hiroshi had me laughing the entire time I was reading this, their dynamic together was great.

And THANK YOU for not having Hiroshi call them 'Chiropterans.' Most fics I read with Chiropterans from older times have them calling the species by the same name that Joel Goldschmidt came up with, which logically is highly unlikely.

And there really aren't any weak spots in this story. You made everything that you came up with seem perfectly feasible. I absolutely loved it. The first thing that came into my mind when I finished it was "Sequel! Sequel!"
Mappadouji chapter 3 . 9/16/2008
Mappadouji chapter 2 . 9/11/2008
Just read the two chapters and i have to say that this story is fantastic! Though i have to ask(even though I'm pretty sure) Vlad is Vlap Tepes aka Dracula right?